• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Didn't Aquasilk just up and quit fighting games after Sanford Kelly shamed him during the first to five they had some 2-3 years ago? Halfway serious question.

Something tells me he wouldn't like SFV, and I can't really extrapolate as to why.

He quit bc he disliked the FGC in general

Line_HTX

Ducking out of Harrier could be big depending on how fast it is, and getting more range on b1 back might mean her old combos work again. So good news for her for sure.

I like how I can abuse Lili's d/b+4 like an idiot again since it's now a homing move just like Katarina's d/b+4.

:lol

I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of people playing Urien, probably even more than any other DLC character. Especially that stinky Juri.

shaowebb

Before I go to bed to start my second shift figured I'd share an interesting thing built off of a Desk vid that Barzorx on youtube worked on if no one has seen it.

Remember the HITBOX thing in fighting games where folks could hold two directions at once? Welp KOF 14 has something similar. Hold back on pad, and forward on stick and it will always read back. No getting crossed up ever.

Never get crossed up in KOF 14 vid

Tripon

CsUhS5yXgAEb52z.jpg

Tripon

Daigo Umehara 梅原大吾 ‏@daigothebeast 1m1 minute ago
They’ve picked SFV as the fighting game, so I’ll be entering myself. It's 2v2, so looking forward to seeing who I'm paired with. #RedBull5G

Daigo Umehara 梅原大吾 ‏@daigothebeast 1m1 minute ago
.@redbullesports will hold its 5th annual #RedBull5G tournament this year in Japan--5 games representing 5 genres.

https://twitter.com/daigothebeast

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/esports/events/1331806754407/red-bull-5g

Line_HTX

are there any other big tekken channels? I only know of kurokuro and green arcade

Hmm, those are the only three that I can think of that have a good amount of content already. Other than those, there's always Rip at Levelupyourgame and Aris at Avoidingthepuddle, I guess.

are there any other big tekken channels? I only know of kurokuro and green arcade

Sure.

Korean Gameplay

taktak1893's channel
Knee's channel
MBC's channel
Net Arena
Green Tekken

Japanese Gameplay

KuroKuro's channel
Shudy's channel
Kouenji Cube Game Center
Kouenji Cube Game Center (second channel)

General Tekken channels

Official Tournament channel
YellowMotion
Rip's channel
The Main Man
Avoiding The Puddle
Arsenality

Wonkey will post/RT anything and everything Tekken related on twitter, video clips included.

Hmm, those are the only three that I can think of that have a good amount of content already. Other than those, there's always Rip at Levelupyourgame and Aris at Avoidingthepuddle, I guess.

Sure.

Korean Gameplay

taktak1893's channel
Knee's channel
MBC's channel
Net Arena
Green Tekken

Japanese Gameplay

KuroKuro's channel
Shudy's channel
Kouenji Cube Game Center
Kouenji Cube Game Center (second channel)

General Tekken channels

Official Tournament channel
YellowMotion
Rip's channel
The Main Man
Avoiding The Puddle
Arsenality

Wonkey will post/RT anything and everything Tekken related on twitter, video clips included.

thanks

EVO Japan is going to take place January 2018

I didn't see that coming. I thought it would take place next year. But I looks like I might be right about one thing. Going by the date it will take place during the CPT off season. Interesting that we could have this huge international tourney with no ties to the CPT.

Markman on Twitter said they wanted a good gap between EVO and EVO Japan so people can plan. I wonder what this would mean for Capcom Cup and if there will be one in 2017. It usually takes place in December.

I think this has no affect on Capcom Cup nor did it ever have anything to do with Capcom Cup. It wouldn't have been a good idea to have this take place too close to EVO's date. EVO is July so EVO Japan being January is exactly 6 months later.

And like I said, I think this will just take place during the CPT offseason. Just a good old fashion one off tournament that doesn't fit into the grander scheme of something much bigger.

Line_HTX

EVO Japan games will be announced at EVO 2017
Godsgarden and Topanga will be working together for EVO Japan

Markman on Twitter said they wanted a good gap between EVO and EVO Japan so people can plan. I wonder what this would mean for Capcom Cup and if there will be one in 2017. It usually takes place in December.

Thinking about it, this actually makes sense. Gotta give them at least one year in advance to plan it out. If it was January 2017 for example it would just end in a disaster. I'm not sure if there will be a Capcom Cup in 2017 unless they got a good plan and 2017 Premiere Event schedules that aren't all over the place like having multiple events on the same weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom