• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

CsX0Nb8VYAAavPP.jpg:large

Still has the headset on like she's still communicating on the job.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What games do we expect at EVO Japan? What are the most played arcade fighting games right now? I really only know about Tekken 7 and GG.

No Smash, I guess?

I really don't know.

Kumubou

What games do we expect at EVO Japan? What are the most played arcade fighting games right now? I really only know about Tekken 7 and GG.

No Smash, I guess?

I really don't know.
There are some changes -- Tekken 7 is the biggest fighter in arcades, and Gundam EXVS is also huge. The biggest changes relative to the US would be with Blazblue (which is far more popular in Japan than it is here and far more popular than GG, where it's the reverse here) and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (which is fairly popular in Japan and completely nonexistent in the US). For Smash, Smash 4 has a fairly active community but SSBM never really caught on like it did in the US.

Seeing some of the community groups they're working with (like X-Mania and VFR) makes me wonder if they're trying to run nearly everything though... now that would be an Evo Japan I would go to. Evo Japan and winter Comiket being so close to each other, though... D: (Which reminds me, someone pointed out that summer Comiket and SBO used to be very close to each other, which must have been a fun experience.)

Seeing some of the community groups they're working with (like X-Mania and VFR) makes me wonder if they're trying to run nearly everything though...

That would be more packed than the current evo, unless they're going to make it more than 3 days or implement some sort of entrant cap (more likely).

Malice215

I don't know why people expected EVO Japan to be sooner. Broke ass gamers need time to plan, and the people putting on the event need time to plan as well on top of planning for EVO 2017. You don't need to rush it.

Working with groups who already put on large tournaments in Japan is also a plus.

EVO Japan in 2018 also means that you can run games like Tekken 7 on console rather than dealing with arcade machines because that game is going to be big just from the Japanese and Korean players.

Speaking of VF, there's TOKAI Cup going on this weekend and a bunch of other shit because of TGS on top of more CPT action, in addition to ya boy Flash trying to snipe some more points from Latin America.

http://tinyurl.com/stsched

January is an interesting placement since it's so soon after Capcom Cup, assuming they keep doing that in December. It can be sort of a 2nd chance for people who didn't make it in to CC, or for people like Justin who are gonna qualify and then go 0-2.

Just in time for Marvel 4 I see.

Thanks Dahbomb, you beat me to it.

Skilletor

As usual for all characters, the 3rd customized character portrait for the VS screen has the best art and coloring.

CsYk61XVMAAFTCW.jpg

I'm sad we had to give up a male ninja to replace it with a super sexualized female ninja with exactly the same moves.

This looks terrible. Hopefully she has a real ninja outfit.

Skilletor

leave master raven alone

I love her design, I hate the outfit.

Raven is my favorite Tekken character, so I'm glad his moveset is in (and honestly the only reason I'm interested in the game right now).

I just hate this outfit. Give me Raven's ninja outfit and her locks and we in there.

Line_HTX

I'm sad we had to give up a male ninja to replace it with a super sexualized female ninja with exactly the same moves.

This looks terrible. Hopefully she has a real ninja outfit.

You're only going to see the top half of the panel on the VS screen anyway like all the other characters, maybe top quarter since the panels mostly zoom in on the face.

Thinking about it, this actually makes sense. Gotta give them at least one year in advance to plan it out. If it was January 2017 for example it would just end in a disaster. I'm not sure if there will be a Capcom Cup in 2017 unless they got a good plan and 2017 Premiere Event schedules that aren't all over the place like having multiple events on the same weekend.

Matt Edwards practically confirmed indirectly that there would be a CPT next year:
https://twitter.com/FGC_Bigbird/status/771303831598694400

The part in bold is just your personal opinion, with no real bearing on whether there would be a Capcom Cup 2017 or not.

Having multiple events during the same weekend is necessary because there are more than 52 events. Most if not all of these tourneys are established events that existed before this CPT, anyways. Capcom has no control over that.

AAK

As usual for all characters, the 3rd customized character portrait for the VS screen has the best art and coloring.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsYk61XVMAAFTCW.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I can't unsee that anatomy. Why is the tibia - fibula bone larger than her femur?

BTW JBStyle's MRaven art is the coolest for me.

EDIT: nvm, I just noticed the placement of the heel.

notworksafe

But the BC on X1 is incredibly limited. Why not just leave your 360 set up instead of spending $400 on a console that isn't worth much more than playing games that run better on a console you already own? I say this as an X1 owner who uses it for only the media features lol

Coda

Code:
[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/aBMAAOSwAPlXgbOk/s-l1600.jpg[/IMG]

Picked this Tekken 5 DR card on eBay which has the art featured in my avatar. I thought it was kinda cool and Christie is bae. Too bad I can't use it for anything though. I wish we had arcades in the US to play Tekken 7 and use cards like they do in Japan, I think that it's kind of cool. :(

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
But the BC on X1 is incredibly limited. Why not just leave your 360 set up instead of spending $400 on a console that isn't worth much more than playing games that run better on a console you already own? I say this as an X1 owner who uses it for only the media features lol
All the ones I've got locked and loaded run better on X1 though. Bayo, RDR, FNV... I guess we'll see about VF. it was already locked 60fps so who knows.

But then I can also play UHD blu-rays and XB1 games. I actually already own an XB1 wheel because my old roommate had Forza lol.

notworksafe

All the ones I've got locked and loaded run better on X1 though. Bayo, RDR, FNV... I guess we'll see about VF. it was already locked 60fps so who knows.

But then I can also play UHD blu-rays and XB1 games. I actually already own an XB1 wheel because my old roommate had Forza lol.
Fair enough. The only two I've tried (RDR and Tekken) are noticeably worse but Forza Horizon 3 is looking good based on the demo so enjoy that.

BadWolf

Picked this Tekken 5 DR card on eBay which has the art featured in my avatar. I thought it was kinda cool and Christie is bae. Too bad I can't use it for anything though. I wish we had arcades in the US to play Tekken 7 and use cards like they do in Japan, I think that it's kind of cool. :(

That's pretty cool, nice art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom