• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

U1fRZPt.jpg

Is that really you at the start of the round?

:p

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
my demands are never met when i tell shouta ;-;

i guess i have to make another bet if i want it to happen.

I'd still like to see Slayer of Wolfkrones in addition to my original tag...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Professor Daigo on stream right now. He's teaching SFV to Kuroda.

unbenanntinjwf.jpg

Each of these are "Mountains" when players from different games jump to SFV, they can start halfway up the mountain. But the 3S mountain is too far away so Kuroda jumped and started at the bottom.

edit:
unbenannt2wjsm5.jpg

Asking about Hadouken hitboxes or something.

Hope FR is better organized in 2017

After spending so many times being crammed shoulder to shoulder(+smell and heat) on one side of a not so big room I don't think I even care about that anymore. I'm just thrilled about the space for next year.

If the tournament is going to be poorly run, I at least want to be comfortable while I'm there. And that has never been the case the 3 times I've attended. I just want that to be the case next year and I think I can actually live with the rest.

After spending so many times being crammed shoulder to shoulder(+smell and heat) on one side of a not so big room I don't think I even care about that anymore. I'm just thrilled about the space this year.

If the tournament is going to be poorly run, I at least want to be comfortable while I'm there. And that has never been the case the 3 times I've attended. I just want that to be the case this year and I think I can actually live with the rest.

It was always poorly ran?

Aris went the last two years and he went from, "I regret not ever going to FR" to "I'm not sure if I want to go back next year."

Kumubou

that's a very technically impressive background if the crowd is entirely composed of 3D models
There's a lot of tricks they use to cut down on the resources used -- they're not textured and there's no lighting done on them, they're very low polycount (and it matters less, since they're just black blobs) and they reuse a set number of animations and models. However, it doesn't matter much since you don't really notice these things unless you're actually looking for them, and it allows them to "fake" a far bigger crowd than the processing budget would (presumably) allow otherwise. It's both smart technology and smart planning.

ShinMaruku

How did they just "sega this up"?

I am speaking in the point of the sega of today making a game like this, thier incentive structure seems counter to making VF right now unless they have not been all talk.

As to VF the only thing they sega'd up is promoting the game outside of asia everything else about VF from design wise was good. It's the promotion and how they would release the game is a concern.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I am speaking in the point of the sega of today making a game like this, thier incentive structure seems counter to making VF right now unless they have not been all talk.

As to VF the only thing they sega'd up is promoting the game outside of asia everything else about VF from design wise was good. It's the promotion and how they would release the game is a concern.
idk, I think 3 tournaments with tens of thousands of dollars in payout is pretty good for a $15 download-only release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom