• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's likely that SFV may not surpass last year's EVO GF numbers when Momochi and Gamerbee were playing.

That top 3 was absolutely insane, it's unlikely that SFV can follow up with that anytime soon.

But crazier things have happened so I wouldn't bet any money on that.

I think if we see a Rog or an Ibuki in top 3, then you'd get increased viewers.

Dahbomb

It's possible if we get Justin Wong against Daigo in GFand he pulls out new Bison and actually manages to reset bracket then win it.

Yeah sure... in that unlikely situation we can get higher viewer numbers.

Village

but she was in the background of an alpha 2 stage. Isn't that the same thing you're saying here?
No
Times have changed
You know who else was in the alpha back ground morrigan strider. Capcom just threw folks back there, that doesnt happen anymore. Particularly now where with this street fighter they have began creating an actual fighterpedia and with the last game soft rebooted elements of this franchise. Odds are if they are in the background elements of a stage you are relevant to sf this is how its been since 4. And espically now considering the only elements in the backgrounds of the stages now are final fight stuff , slam masters refences and now rival schools. Two things confirmed connected the first having playable characters and the third being long speculated.

So no, a game in the 90's with an entirely different company ans franchise mindset riding high. Isnt the same as a franchise who with its latest installment actually starting carving out its lore including long speculated members of its world in its world.

So try again i guess

mbpm1

It's possible if we get Justin Wong against Daigo in GFand he pulls out new Bison and actually manages to reset bracket then win it.

It could happen if it were staged

LordJim

If any american makes top 3, it will be a miracle that will attract viewers.

vulva

No
Times have changed
You know who else was in the alpha back ground morrigan strider. Capcom just threw folks back there, that doesnt happen anymore. Particularly now where with this street fighter they have began creating an actual fighterpedia and with the last game soft rebooted elements of this franchise. Odds are if they are in the background elements of a stage you are relevant to sf this is how its been since 4. And espically now considering the only elements in the backgrounds of the stages now are final fight stuff , slam masters refences and now rival schools. Two things confirmed connected the first having playable characters and the third being long speculated.

So no, a game in the 90's with an entirely different company ans franchise mindset riding high. Isnt the same as a franchise who with its latest installment actually starting carving out its lore including long speculated members of its world in its world.

So try again i guess
So you're saying this rival schools thing doesn't mean anything either. Gotcha

Linn was also in the background of an SF3 stage. Does this mean she's twice as much canon as those girls are to SF?

Do you honestly think who follows the community thread doesn't know your shtick? You already got told off in the CEO thread.

I'm not sure what you think I think agenda means seeing as it's a widely defined word though feel free to enlighten how you think I'm using it incorrectly.

I have an "agenda" that everyone knows but you can't say? Convincing argument. You're just another 12 year old that doesn't like it when people don't like what you like. Grow up. When I start talking shit about SFV in threads that don't have anything to do with the game THEN you can come & bitch at me.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

Linn was also in the background of an SF3 stage. Does this mean she's twice as much canon as those girls are to SF?
have you seen bone tomahawk

Village

No that means you take each situation with its context, be reasonable and make assumptions with the things you seen. One of things is i belived owned by fox the other is owned by capcom features sakura in a game has been long speculated to share the same universe and exists ina time where characters like linn wouldnt show up in backgrounds

One thing is different from the other thing.

I know sass is hard, but im sure you can try again

No that means you take each situation with its context, be reasonable and make assumptions with the things you seen. One of things is i belived owned by fox the other is owned by capcom features sakura in a game has been long speculated to share the same universe and exists ina time where characters like linn wouldnt show up in backgrounds

One thing is different from the other thing.

I know sass is hard, but im sure you can try again

This is a lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

I have an "agenda" that everyone knows but you can't say? Convincing argument. You're just another 12 year old that doesn't like it when people don't like what you like. Grow up. When I start talking shit about SFV in threads that don't have anything to do with the game THEN you can come & bitch at me.

Lmao you just stated your own agenda and you're getting mad because you lack a coherent answer to my question? Find any thread where I was against someone for gameplay or content criticim, many of which I've complained about. People in here aren't dumb enough to not know the difference between shit posting and real criticism.

If you can come up with a better personal attack let me know. Certainly, you would know quite a lot about bitching.

Tripon

https://twitter.com/BearUNLV/status/747428328349405185

Top 8 Smash 4 Wii U Top 8 Length:
Runtime with entrances, gameplay, ads, & ceremony = ~3.5 hours [5:30pm-9pm]
Gameplay = ~2.5 hours
#PGstats

https://twitter.com/BearUNLV/status/747443648342667265

Melee Top 8 #CEO2016 Length:
Runtime = ~3.5 hours [no Grand Finals reset]
Gameplay = ~2.3 hours [no Grand Finals reset]
#PGstats

Wasting a hour just on the non gameplay parts seems crazy to me. Tournaments need to make sure to be as efficient as possible.

And this was even with the 1 minute coaching rule enforced.

Village

This is a lot of words to say absolutely nothing.
It says context matters and this context leads me to this conclusion based on these things.

Though if you preemptively decide to not give a shit I cant stop you.

Though I woukd ask why waste time even reading it. But what you choose to do with your time is on you. I cant particularly talk I spend my time playing video games.

Tripon

The context is that nobody really knows who has the rights to Linn Kurosawa while we know for sure Capcom still owns Rival Schools. I'm personally not sure why the Aliens license would demand those characters back in they day, so I am guessing Capcom still hold the rights to original characters, but you never know for sure.

I suppose the Aliens guys could have pulled a power trip and demanded those rights, but then I doubt Capcom would create original characters and not be able to use them in a different capacity that they would choose to do so later.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
3 weeks.

I don't know who to root for. I'll root for love. Momochi has yet to kiss Choco on stage. Better make due on his promise.

Village

I doubt Capcom would create original characters and not be able to use them in a different capacity that they would choose to do so later.
While I can't say I have idea wjat that contract was, i will say they have made creative descions in the past that have resulted in them nor being able to use characters they at one point could. Though that is ussually, because someone else made them.

Whats the word on amingo and ruby heart?

Not all deals are made the same either maybe somone wanted sweet alien preditor cash and didn't care.

Lmao you just stated your own agenda and you're getting mad because you lack a coherent answer to my question? Find any thread where I was against someone for gameplay or content criticim, many of which I've complained about. People in here aren't dumb enough to not know the difference between shit posting and real criticism.

If you can come up with a better personal attack let me know. Certainly, you would know quite a lot about bitching.

What's wrong with ZTS' posts about the viewer count? He's just being semi objective

What's wrong with ZTS' posts about the viewer count? He's just being semi objective

It's not just viewer count (although I already responded that he was incorrect). He shits in here and in tourney threads. Complaining multiple times about SFV being boring when there were other streams to watch before he got called out for it. That, along with his irrational active disdain for the game is simply getting tiresome. You think he would have posted about stream numbers if he thought this year's numbers were higher? Taken in context it paints a picture.

If he doesn't like the game and wants to comment on mechanics, content, etc. that's great. I have zero problem with people who are disappointed in it. I myself have posted my disappointment in several aspects of the launch.

Bitching about it at every turn while trying to portray it in a constantly negative light with the only agenda being that he wants others to know it's bad is what I consider shit posting. Like damn if you don't have anything to comment on regarding the gameplay mechanics, content, etc. itself we already know you don't like it. For someone who doesn't like the game he sure likes to talk about it.

Also, I kinda get why people didn't do it in SF4 since they probably didn't know, but SF4 button checks were as easy as "do throw, do focus, do taunt." Realistically, button checks shouldn't take longer than that.

Skab

Also, I kinda get why people didn't do it in SF4 since they probably didn't know, but SF4 button checks were as easy as "do throw, do focus, do taunt." Realistically, button checks shouldn't take longer than that.

But what if the guy that played before you is some sort of sicko who puts his kicks on top row/punches on bottom?

Tripon

Hand warmers are the same as a button check, except it's actually longer because those fuckers think it's okay to practice their character for 5 minutes before they begin the match.

mbpm1

But what if the guy that played before you is some sort of sicko who puts his kicks on top row/punches on bottom?

I still remember one match where someone set every button to medium punch and the person who sat down next was mindfucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom