• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Juri's outfit looks good to me

better than the one with just nothing in the front chest for no reason
also unwrapping would be half the fun

Sayad

No, MKX art direction has nothing to do with MK9. MK9 went the SF4 road on the retro-trip who bears his heritage. So they went full speed on this road: all the old characters, ninjas suits, female dressed as strippers, cheap aesthetics. The hero is Bruce Lee/Liu Kang with Sonya and Johnny Cage/Van Dame joining. There are many things I could detail like the look of the character select screen, the fonts, the life bars... But the goal was to appeal to people that played MK in the nineties.
What I meant is the gritty look, most of the differences in graphic between 9 and X are mostly just due to the better hardware, not much changed in the actual in game artstyle, they had no problem fitting an almost exact MK9 Sindel into MKX story mode because the art direction isn't really that different.

What I was getting at though is that changes in the cast, art or mood of the game isn't what MKX did right to sell 5 million, 5 million is actually not a huge jump from what MK9 sold, MK9 just sold it at a slower pace, and it make sense that those satisfied with what they got would pick the new one faster. It's the value and quality of the whole package is what MKX did right and allowed it to sell as much as it did, not renewing the casts designs and dropping the 90s themes... If you look at MK9 with its awful female designs, 90s/80s action heroes stereotypes and classic MK menu and UI design, it still manage to grew the series from the previous entry more than MKX did!

It doesn't work for me
the reason is the same reason urien should be in a thong, its fun character design.

Even so, the black paint looks absurdly stupid and was a erally lazy way to backpedal on their original character design (as seen in the "story mode" from launch). If they decided against the cleavage they should've taken the time to model the actual suit zipped up

mbpm1

the reason is the same reason urien should be in a thong, its fun character design.

Even so, the black paint looks absurdly stupid and was a erally lazy way to backpedal on their original character design (as seen in the "story mode" from launch). If they decided against the cleavage they should've taken the time to model the actual suit zipped up

*shrug*

Different strokes

apparently tiffany and hinata from rival schools are in one of the new stage backgrounds

man, if they bring in even just one rival school character next year as dlc i would lose my mind

Capcom still pandering to foot fetish fans with Juri, I see.

Hey man, I ain't complaining. Both new Juri and Luong in KOF make this a prime fighting game year for such fans.

Karin alt too breh

Huh? *checks Capcom-Unity*

O-oh...

isn't urien in a thong because he's supposed to look like a greek athlete?

what is juri supposed to look like?

Capcom-Unity blog said that Juri was supposed to look like a biker. A biker? Sheeit, I need to know where they ride.

reposting this:

Oh snap the third strike Draw Game girls are back!

hqdefault.jpg

wonder if all of them will be in

judges.gif

i can see the horse rider girl behind Karin. I wonder of the other 2 sf3 judgement girls are also in it (jpn and usa)

dhalsim's daughter is already in the india stage.

Yeah l always take pictures of stream #s of events. Just hold your breath and I'll be right back with them, I promise.

According to Tripion's picture from CEO last year they hit 85,182 on Twitch & last year there was a Nico Restream with Japanese commentary if I recall correctly where as this year Topanga streamed Japanese commentary on Twitch which is part of that 81K.

Viewership is down. No way to BS around it.

Nico restream would not have hit 15k even if topanga didn't stream on twitch (iirc topanga did have a stream though I'm not sure on that one), once again if you have actual 2015 posts stating it hit 100k feel free to post it. Someone already posted 85-87k which typically people were counting other restreams.

Everyone here knows your agenda, go peddle your wares elsewhere unless you have actual proof. You're not even as good at it as gunslinger.

Skab

I like how Juri looks. *shrug*

Also I take back what I said before about Uriens v-trigger. He has aegis out while wearing his suit in the trailer, so either no banana hammock or aegis joust isn't related to his v-trigger

BadWolf

Also I take back what I said before about Uriens v-trigger. He has aegis out while wearing his suit in the trailer, so either no banana hammock or aegis joust isn't related to his v-trigger

It will most likely be an alt costume, maybe even his story costume.

Personally I'm really glad they gave him a suit as his default look.

Infinite

It will most likely be an alt costume, maybe even his story costume.

Personally I'm really glad they gave him a suit as his default look.
Yeah him in a speedo is lame and Necali already got the pseudo-pillar man look established. The suit is more badass

Nico restream would not have hit 15k even if topanga didn't stream on twitch (iirc topanga did have a stream though I'm not sure on that one), once again if you have actual 2015 posts stating it hit 100k feel free to post it. Someone already posted 85-87k which typically people were counting other restreams.

Everyone here knows your agenda, go peddle your wares elsewhere unless you have actual proof. You're not even as good at it as gunslinger.

What exactly is this imaginary agenda you think I have? Do you even know what that word means?

so whats everyone's feeling about Rog and Ibuki being legal at evo. I figure most stream monsters are happy with it.

It sucked watching Marlinpie manage to beat up Kazunoko's Sol in revelator loser's finals at CEO, only for Kazunoko to swap to Raven and just bop Marlin on matchup inexperience. Kazunoko even reset the bracket against Dogura with Raven

Though SFV isn't as matchup dependent as Guilty Gear, this kind of thing can definitely still happen. I think it cheapens the competitiveness a little bit

jediyoshi

Beach stage obscures characters feet? That's not going to go over well.

Ban this stage.

what did he talk about this time?

How at the military school he teaches at, during break when he's in the bathroom doing business, students still single file address him as they enter, even in large groups.

Last one I heard was him talking about a shitty roommate who brought back a prostitute that started making trouble once she began asking for money.

NEO0MJ

I don't feel that they'll be big problems. Chraracters in SF V are less confusing and unlike Mortal Kombat so far none of the DLC characters seem overpowered. Unless they're desperate and gambling on matchup inexperience( I don't think anyone will use that trick more than once) or the character has a strong advantage over their opponent's I don't think we'll see much of them at the top.

BadWolf

so whats everyone's feeling about Rog and Ibuki being legal at evo. I figure most stream monsters are happy with it.

It sucked watching Marlinpie manage to beat up Kazunoko's Sol in revelator loser's finals at CEO, only for Kazunoko to swap to Raven and just bop Marlin on matchup inexperience. Kazunoko even reset the bracket against Dogura with Raven

Though SFV isn't as matchup dependent as Guilty Gear, this kind of thing can definitely still happen. I think it cheapens the competitiveness a little bit

As a spectator I'm hype.

If I were a competitor I would be pissed.

Skilletor

I think it's fine for Rog. He's not going to be so crazy that you can't study up.

Ibuki is going to be like...imagine not knowing Mika's Nadeshiko setups and having to face that for the first time with little experience.

I'm happy because Ibuki is my main, but as a competitor, I think it sucks.

Are top players gonna be able to take them to tournament-ready status in a month?

I agree it would be hype to see favorites knocked out in pools due to new shenanigans tho.

Dahbomb

New characters aren't going to have a big enough of an impact unless one or both of them are clearly broken or have some really strong week 1 gimmick that are hard to block/react to starting out.

It has happened before, new DLC character gets released, is clearly broken and a bunch of people start using it and dominating with it. Prime example being Scorpion in Injustice when he first came out. People legitimately wanted to ban that character.

Don't think it will have any impact. There isn't enough time for players to learn all the match ups with them.

Agreed. Ibuki and Balrog players have to learn matchups to 20 other characters. Everyone else only needs to learn 2.
I do look forward to the new characters being shown off and the tech that emerges from this small window.

Are top players gonna be able to take them to tournament-ready status in a month?

I agree it would be hype to see favorites knocked out in pools due to new shenanigans tho.
if Kazunoko can get Raven tournament ready as fast as he did, then there are plenty of people that will get rog/ibuki ready

What exactly is this imaginary agenda you think I have? Do you even know what that word means?

Do you honestly think who follows the community thread doesn't know your shtick? You already got told off in the CEO thread.

I'm not sure what you think I think agenda means seeing as it's a widely defined word though feel free to enlighten how you think I'm using it incorrectly.

Dahbomb

It's likely that SFV may not surpass last year's EVO GF numbers when Momochi and Gamerbee were playing.

That top 3 was absolutely insane, it's unlikely that SFV can follow up with that anytime soon.

But crazier things have happened so I wouldn't bet any money on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom