• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

I want Fei back. I was using him a lot the last year of SFIV. The original world warriors should always be back if some of the cast are.

That means Dee Jay comes back.

----

Acekingoffsuit with the image list of players qualified for Capcom Cup. 4 out of the 5 gods are qualified for Capcom Cup this year. Sako, Tokido, Daigo, and Haitani. Only Nuki is missing.

CwoBA3-UQAAXUrP.jpg
https://twitter.com/acekingoffsuit/status/795449419789463553

Dahbomb

How would Rekkas work, though? I guess they would end up like Bison's scissor kick...pretty ass.
Like they do in USF4? Negative on block for first Rekka then unsafe for the other 2. Its utility is in its ability to whiff punish and buffer from counter poke jabs. Plus combo damage and corner carry.

Perro

Capcom gonna bring all the fan favourites, they need the money.
Akuma
Sagat
Sakura
Heihachi
Skullomania
Remy

Village

They'll probably be able to crank out even more characters than Season 1 considering the team is no longer working on the story mode.

Why play T.Hawk when you can play a much more fun grappler like Sodom?

Sodom is lame tho

Why not play the Superior Final Fight grappler, Hugo.

Akuma
Sagat
Sakura

Who else is popular? Yun? I think that's the only 3s character that has a chance

While I would greatly appreciate if Capcom took a risk with Season 2's roster, I do think it'll be a safe roster with fan favorites for most of the slots.

I would expect Akuma, Sagat, Sakura, C.Viper, Q and a new character. I think Q will be their "obscure favorite" addition. I would applaud Capcom if they pulled an MvC3 with the Season 2 roster, and just not put characters like Sagat in and instead put in characters like Eagle. However, I do think seeing Akuma is a sign of what to expect.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I think the "leak" said something like Oro, Sagat, Abel, Sodom, Rose, Q. Throw in Akuma and that makes a pretty solid S2. I'd rather change out Abel for someone like Blanka - but that's just me.

I think the "leak" said something like Oro, Sagat, Abel, Sodom, Rose, Q. Throw in Akuma and that makes a pretty solid S2. I'd rather change out Abel for someone like Blanka - but that's just me.

I'd be down with that roster. Some solid favorites, as well as some fairly obscure additions.

Right now, I'm more eager to see what changes with the already existing characters.

Dahbomb

What leak?

Damn no Fei Long, oh well. I also wanted to see C. VIPER in SFV engine.

pizzacat

Banned
Where's this coming from

Also Abel is the best character to come out of SF in every way in the last millennium anyone who denies will get cl.mk to death

pizzacat

Banned
Almost forgot weekend JoJo:

Hol Horse VS Old Joseph
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29894379

Old Joseph is much more solid in this game than he was in Capcom's JoJo. Hol Horse is as much a bastard in this game as he ever was... Deeper into the set you get to see him perform taunt combos.

Interesting that the announced Akuma for SFV.
I hope 3D fighters incorporate taunt combos because they're so cool.

Kinda crazy how some people early on in ASB had taunt disadvantages like pucci

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I want to see some of the FGC people eat a Carolina reaper. I would pay to see it. Marn, Floe, Aris, Kbrad, Kindevu, etc.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
I hope 3D fighters incorporate taunt combos because they're so cool.

Kinda crazy how some people early on in ASB had taunt disadvantages like pucci

You mean when Pucci taunted, he'd be at frame disadvantage? I know that characters in this game get up after hard knockdown at different speeds as part of character balance...Good that they fixed it.

I remember Young Joseph being able to use those customization SFX graphics to fill the screen and get a really scummy set-up when he taunted.

There's some other taunt stuff, too. Characters with buffed states with a hard timer (Diavolo, Polnareff, Pillar Men's 'Modes') could use taunts to freeze the timer while the opponent got up so they could get more out of it.

Taunts are a cornerstone of Diavolo's Stand On play-style. He gets a crazy mix-up situation off a taunt because of his command throws and such.

Sayad

o_O???
That is some Doomsday splash levels of jank hitboxes.
zFipbNV.gif

And like Doomsday, I'd say it needs hotfixed.

This is more of a fault of animation transition(in Oneda's picture, at least), attacked character has to be in hurt animation during the hit stop so you don't actually see the attack landing. The more extreme case is hitting Dhalsim's limps and the animation during the hit stop would be Sim getting hit from across the screen. This is the same in every 2D fighting game with good animation except Skull Girls and only when both character hit each others in the same frame where hit stop happen before hurt animation start to show how the trade happened.

Not that Ryu's j.LK hitbox(or SFV hitboxes in general) doesn't need fixing, but it isn't that bad, this is the frame before Guile got hit:

Why are there no Australians in Guilty Gear or King of Fighters. Fuck this country. I want to slay my fellow countrymen but they all went off and bought Battlefield instead.

Tizoc

Wonder Boy Arcade playthroughs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UxzxQi6GWI

Dark Awake/Chaos Breaker matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orbdn3W7lgA

Hokuto no Ken matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Hci13Ym90

5+ Hours of Melty Blood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1NAJCsUUY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2lx3uG5ARI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCPUVuGsYS8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9frbmhh84

I wouldn't mind if Capcom retcon SF3's story.

There's hardly any story in SF3 anyways, not that any of you would even know what it is :V
They've been retconning the plot of SF for years anyways far as I can tell.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It's a feminist film that really shows the strength of women when dealing with a multitude of uncommon situations. Also you see Laura Dern topless.

XD
looks like it's playing in boston. I'll check it out!

Not that Ryu's j.LK hitbox(or SFV hitboxes in general) doesn't need fixing, but it isn't that bad, this is the frame before Guile got hit:
Mbz9trU.jpg

yes that totally looks like it should hit guile

Anne

Oh I met Shouta and Cybit and Rocwell and Bumble this weekend.

Shouta brought me the best sandwich I've ever had ;~;7

Sodom is one of the worst characters in Street Fighter. Put C. Viper in over him. The rest of that list is pretty solid. Blanka will come eventually, but now might not be the right time...

Sayad

Sodom is one of the worst characters in Street Fighter. Put C. Viper in over him. The rest of that list is pretty solid. Blanka will come eventually, but now might not be the right time...
Outside Sagat, that list looks like someone's wish list of unpopular characters, no way all of those are coming back in one season, especially when they're trying to sell those characters.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I'd be down with that roster. Some solid favorites, as well as some fairly obscure additions.

Right now, I'm more eager to see what changes with the already existing characters.

What leak?

Damn no Fei Long, oh well. I also wanted to see C. VIPER in SFV engine.

Where's this coming from

Also Abel is the best character to come out of SF in every way in the last millennium anyone who denies will get cl.mk to death

Someone mentioned at the tournament that it had been leaked, and phone + google led me to that result. <shrug> I'm 99% sure on Sagat, fwiw.

Oh I met Shouta and Cybit and Rocwell and Bumble this weekend.

Shouta brought me the best sandwich I've ever had ;~;7

That sandwich had magical powers, Shouta texted me to ask Tokido whether he wanted a sandwich as well, and Tokido looked up at me with full little kid joy when I asked him. Rest of the players were confused when Tokido and I (aka a rando) ran off into the VIP section so we could see how many JP players wanted the sandwiches, lol.

I think Shouta was wondering whether that sandwich sapped Tokido's powers for grand finals, lol.

I'd like Viper over Sodom for sure. I also think they should let one of the characters be chosen by the CPT winner. Talk about a prize. :D (MtG has something similar where the winning player gets to design a card for a future set)

Actually I'd go 8 characters a season if possible. 6 for your normal season, 1 winner's choice from CPT (must be an existing character), and 1 as a stretch goal for CPT DLC (If X copies of the DLC are bought, an 8th character is added, and it is voted on by those who bought the DLC). Or maybe you do 6 characters, but 4 are picked by Capcom, 1 by CPT winner, and 1 as a stretch goal.

Tizoc

Come on fam, how many characters do you know can get up like THIS from getting knocked down?
4646487963_2f430b6a42_o.png

Chasing after your ass with his Jittes, baby~

Honestly, after what they've done with various returning characters in SF5, it'll be interesting to see how they change up Sodom from his previous appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom