• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Goddamn, 16 fucking hours of Last Chance to get into tomorrow finals, WHOO!

A Paul shoulder SLOW MO to end the 9th and final tournament.

And somebody seriously got gatekept in ALL NINE tournaments... Absolutely brutal, hahaha

Laws00

seriously where the fuck are my red bull costumes for Ryu and Chun Li at?

I heard Japan got them but not the rest of the world.

I didn't ask for this stupid Rashidoooooooo plane stage, I want my thotty Chun Li outfit

shaowebb

People complaining about SFV and not looking at KoF 14 need to re-evaluate their lives.

I always find KOF the better alternative to SF anyhow. The deck of basic universal tools just seems more fair to players in that game.

• Jumps can vary in height and distance using hops, super jumps, super hops, blah blah blah. Point is folks can get in each others heads and not become as obvious.
  • Dodge rolls provide some options for left rights and for universally giving folks ways to move around without getting pinned by stuff as easy. However the 60 frames keeps it fair. You cant just toss em all over. Means casuals dont get frustrated but it means offense never gets replaced for real players.
  • Zoning is designed to get you in more than keep you out. Feels good running in behind a slow fireball or reading and avoiding a fast one to punish.
  • Usually some kind of frame perfect reward option for blocking.
  • Cancel systems.
  • 3 man gauntlet format makes meter and character value a different and to me at least more exciting and less limiting time.

You can feel good or bad on these like any meta's toolbox, but to me it just feels exciting having footsie options like these around and a meter system thats gauntlet based leading to conservation vs spend it all decisions.

pixelish

btw Wolfkrone is a Trump supporter

why am I not surprised?

ezgif-2144830848.gif

Village

Due to recent.... events, I am now needing to go to my happy place. That as of currently is drawing hypothetical summer or vacation outfits for chun li and cammy in sf5

wolfkrone the kind of dude to insult someone's dog on the same post where that person is posting how he needs to put that same dog down

he actually did that
Thats fucked up. That's some stinkmeiner shit

Line_HTX

How many players actually qualified for tomorrows main tournament from LCQ?

Cw0B-0iUUAA3rGQ.jpg

Starts tonight at 4 PM Pacific, after they had a 16 hour marathon yesterday.

I think Markman said on stream that it'll be a round robin and will end in a fresh Top 8 clean slate double elimination.

BadWolf

Found this part interesting in this Xiaohai interview:

Missing Person: Not even worried about Infiltration, who sits above you on the leaderboard?

Xiaohai: For me, it’s just practice. I’m not afraid. A lot of people think that Infiltration is dropping in the ranks, and I agree that he is. They know how to play against him at this juncture. The thing is, at Evolution and most events, they’re sitting side-by-side, and he can see what other people are doing by watching their sticks. When I was watching him play in the team tournament at the head-to-head setup, Infiltration cannot rely on that sort of information because it isn’t there. When it’s like that, Infiltration simply struggles.

Missing Person: That’s true, because he also struggled at Street Fighter V Crash, but did well at Evolution. Does this format affect you at all? Do you find yourself looking at sticks, or do you treat matches like they’re always head-to-head?

Xiaohai: I’m at a bigger advantage with head-to-head, because I can stick out attacks that other people can’t anticipate because they cannot see my inputs. If I’m playing side-by-side, I can still do those moves, but because they can see my joystick and know what I’m doing, it gives them time to react.

Coda

Cool -- just let me know how you're going to supply twice as many monitors and twice as much space (plus all of the splitters required) without some fat e-sports sponsorship.

Well yeah that's the issue obviously, but if it could be done it'd be ideal.

pizzacat

Banned
If you use neogaf.com to discuss politics or something that isn't Sony gaming really, you already lost and you're about to get banned soon prolly

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't think Trump himself is the problem. It will be the people he surrounds himself with. They will do whatever they please. And that includes all the bad things you heard.

Kalamari

Cmon ZTS, show those punks who's boss!

I can't wait to get my hands on Tekken 7, I hope it runs well on PoS4.

The most hated player did win EVO, didn't Fchamp win Marvel?

pixelish

http://capcomprotour.com/capcom-cup-2016-details/

Top 16 is 3/5

Damn. I wish the entire tournament was 3/5.

i was thinking about the format for sfv since some of fgc twitter are arguing against having 3/5 due to time constraints and i think i have a solution.

have all matches before top 8 2/3 deuce rules but only up to 3/5. so if player A wins 2-0, he/she takes the match but if player B ties it up 1-1, they play till whoever wins 3 games. with this format, if the match is free to a player they can quickly move on to the next match and when the match is competitive, the players have to play out a slightly longer set to better determine who's the better player.

MechaX

I don't think Trump himself is the problem. It will be the people he surrounds himself with. They will do whatever they please. And that includes all the bad things you heard.

His cabinet is on some League of Doom shit, like Trump is Geese fucking Howard running a racket or something.

xCobalt

i was thinking about the format for sfv since some of fgc twitter are arguing against having 3/5 due to time constraints and i think i have a solution.

have all matches before top 8 2/3 deuce rules but only up to 3/5. so if player A wins 2-0, he/she takes the match but if player B ties it up 1-1, they play till whoever wins 3 games. with this format, if the match is free to a player they can quickly move on to the next match and when the match is competitive, the players have to play out a slightly longer set to better determine who's the better player.

If time constraints is an issue, introducing a rule set that has the potential to have 3/5 for the entirety of top 32 doesn't solve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom