• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Fighting games on PC without cross play are pretty much DOA. Shame too cause I wanted to try to get into Tekken but I can't justify buying it when I know the community isn't gonna be there.

Coda

I feel like Tekken 7 will be fine on PS4. Definitely want to play where the community is. I'm tempted to get it on PC but I'll wait until around release day to decide when the impressions are out.

Line_HTX

I just want to say excellent job running the brackets of everything these past two days, Rick. From the looks of things, I say you did a hell of a job on probably no sleep, haha

16 hours of qualfiers and then the nationals itself is no small feat.

pixelish

CwugT16UAAA4yti.jpg

it's live now https://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv

Tripon

J I Y U N AVerified account
‏@jiyunaJP J I Y U N A Retweeted TOPANGA
Big news. All Topanga streams/events (Topanga League/Charity Cup/University Tournament/TopangaTV/Kachitagari) will be on OpenREC now.

https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/796617308198215680

----

Capcom Cup Top 32 to Top 8 will be held at the eSports arena Friday., Dec 2nd.

The year-end finale of the Capcom Pro Tour is almost here and with that we’re excited to reveal the full details on Capcom Cup 2016!

This year’s Capcom Cup will be a two day event with Top 32 to Top 8 held at Esports Arena in Santa Ana, CA. Top 8 finals will be held the day after, about 10 minutes away at PlayStation Experience in the Anaheim Convention Center.

While this is one event you will absolutely want to attend in person, if you can’t make it, worry not! Every single match will be streamed live on our Twitch Capcom Fighters channel so you won’t miss any of the action.

Check out all the information below for full details on both days of the event.

Capcom Cup 2016 Tournament Format

Double Elimination Bracket
Top 32 to Top 16 – 2/3 Matches
Top 16 – 3/5 Matches
Seeding Based on Capcom Pro Tour Global Leaderboard

This year we’re partnering up with Esports Arena to extend Capcom Cup into a two day event by running Top 32 down to Top 8. Not only will you be able to experience some of the most hype Street Fighter V matches of the year, we have plenty of other activities planned throughout the day such as casual stations, pro player signings and more for you to enjoy.

Tickets for Capcom Cup day one at Esports Arena are available via Ticket Fairy.

Note that a separate ticket is required for both days of Capcom Cup 2016.. Tickets to PlayStation Experience can be found here. (Link). http://playstation.com/experience-tickets

* Esports Arena – Santa Ana, CA

Schedule

* 9:30 AM – Doors Open

* 10:00 AM – Pre-Game Show

* 11:00 AM – Tournament Begins

* 11:00 PM – Tournament Ends

Activities

Casual Play Available for all Attendees

While we’ll have incredible matches going on all day, we understand if your heart can’t take all the excitement and need a break. With that in mind, we’ll have plenty of casual stations set up for everyone to get matches in with their friends and the ability to challenge pro players!

Pro Player Signings and Raffles

Even if you can’t get in a match with one of the pros, we’ll have plenty of opportunities for you to get your stick, poster or any other type of swag signed by many of the top players in attendance. We’ll also be holding multiple raffles throughout the day for various types of goodies!

Food Trucks

okamotokitchen_slide_720p_v001
We’ll also be partnering with Okamoto Kitchen to have on-site food trucks at the event so you won’t have to go far to satisfy your hunger.

Okamoto Kitchen was founded in 2015 by Chizuru Okamoto Abraham and Gerald Abraham aka. L.A. Akira. The truck recently won L.A. Weekly’s Best of L.A. Readers’ Choice of Best Food Truck of 2016 and specializes in Japanese comfort food, such as Japanese style fried chicken, beef bowl, and Japanese curry. All the dishes were created by Chizuru, a first generation Japanese, she studied under celebrity chef Nobu Matsuhisa and has been cooking since childhood. Gerald has been an active player in the fighting game community since the early days of Street Fighter II(1991) and continues to support the community to this day. The rest of the staff is primarily made up of anime fans and gamers.

https://www.theticketfairy.com/event/capcom-cup-at-esports-arena/

$11 online, $16.50 at the door.

Uh, I'm probably skipping since I would have to take a day off for work anyway. Nope.

Fighting games on PC without cross play are pretty much DOA. Shame too cause I wanted to try to get into Tekken but I can't justify buying it when I know the community isn't gonna be there.
I'm getting it on PC cuz I don't really fuck with current gen
outside of WiiU
but I definitely expect a struggle.

Probably gonna have to set up a discord for matchmaking

Onemic

I'm getting it on PC cuz I don't really fuck with current gen
outside of WiiU
but I definitely expect a struggle.

Probably gonna have to set up a discord for matchmaking

SF4 PC community was fine. Tekken should be big enough that it wont be too much of a problem to find matches.

Rhapsody

Banned
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/796617308198215680

----

Capcom Cup Top 32 to Top 8 will be held at the eSports arena Friday., Dec 2nd.

https://www.theticketfairy.com/event/capcom-cup-at-esports-arena/

$11 online, $16.50 at the door.

Uh, I'm probably skipping since I would have to take a day off for work anyway. Nope.

I think the only reason I'd go is maybe to try out Akuma early if they have a build at esports Arena. But yeah, might be skipping on this as well.

Line_HTX

If anything, Harada and Tekken Tour in general have done a better job than SFV. Capcom Pro Tour stepped it up as well, so I'm guessing Harada is watching all of that.

Kalamari

MarkMan colluding with Qanba now in designing their latest stick (looks like a next gen TE)

RIP MadCatz. You done goofed by betting on an audience smaller than the FGC.

Is that the same stick that Mr Naps was using last night? It looked like no other stick I had ever seen.

Line_HTX

MarkMan colluding with Qanba now in designing their latest stick (looks like a next gen TE)

RIP MadCatz. You done goofed by betting on an audience smaller than the FGC.

Of all the terrible shit dubstep ads for sticks, I think the one from KOIFT NA Finals was probably the best one because the stick was so cool looking and easy to use. As for the Dragon scale stick that Markman was showing off on commentary, that's probably the closest to looking like having removable cabinets without looking as bulky and cumbersome as the long ass MCZ Pro stick with the blue layout.

Yep, Mr Naps with the secret technology

He abandoned the Shang Tsung for the menacing Jojo stare, Bah Gawd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom