• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

According to Eventhabs there's a big announcement tomorrow for SFV. Christmas costumes? A new character?

The article says it's a collaboration.

It'd be hard pressed to top the greatest collab costume dlc ever.

5hfyA7o.jpg

Fuck yeah Polymar Jann Lee.

Dahbomb

Marvel 4 to be teased on a random Monday...

Yeah right guys. It's probably some dank SFV costume collaboration that Capcom is hoping the whales will shell out for to pay for Season 2.

Coda

Marvel 4 to be teased on a random Monday...

Yeah right guys. It's probably some dank SFV costume collaboration that Capcom is hoping the whales will shell out for to pay for Season 2.

Yeah probably not MvC4 but I wouldn't say it's impossible. Question is why are people thinking this announcement would come from Ayano?

What has Ryota Niitsuma been up to honestly? I feel like this work and direction on MvC3 was amazing, guy needs to produce another fighting game ASAP.

shaowebb

Fuck a marvel 4

Give me CvS3 or give me death.

or SFxT2

It's just costumes, guys.

TVC 2.

TVC UAS is more a special edition than a sequel. Sorta like mvc3 and umvc3. Bring me full on Tatsunoko vs Capcom sequel baby! Dying to play me some Speedy Cerviche from Samurai Pizza Cats, the rumored scrapped character Mute King who was roller disco ridiculous, and Racer X from Speed Racer.

The more fucked up the character the more interesting the moveset so go full weirdo and bring back Tatsunoko. :D

Plus it gives a good excuse to use lesser exposed capcom folks again too like in the first series where they let the crew pretty well choose their own favorites to include in the cast for the most part. Maybe then we'd finally see Gene from Godhand , Vanessa Z. Schneider from P.N.03, or Sieg Warheit from Chaos Legion.

Coda

TVC 2.

TVC UAS is more a special edition than a sequel. Sorta like mvc3 and umvc3. Bring me full on Tatsunoko vs Capcom sequel baby! Dying to play me some Speedy Cerviche from Samurai Pizza Cats, the rumored scrapped character Mute King who was roller disco ridiculous, and Racer X from Speed Racer.

The more fucked up the character the more interesting the moveset so go full weirdo and bring back Tatsunoko. :D

Plus it gives a good excuse to use lesser exposed capcom folks again too like in the first series where they let the crew pretty well choose their own favorites to include in the cast for the most part. Maybe then we'd finally see Gene from Godhand , Vanessa Z. Schneider from P.N.03, or Sieg Warheit from Chaos Legion.

I don't see how a new TvC would exist, the Tatsunoko property is just not popular in the states at all. Loved that game though, almost like it better than MvC3 in a lot of ways.

shaowebb

I don't see how a new TvC would exist, the Tatsunoko property is just not popular in the states at all. Loved that game though, almost like it better than MvC3 in a lot of ways.

None are all that possible really. Fun to dream though. Speedy Cerviche and Viewtiful Joe on a team would be pure troll. :p
OmllaxI.gif

GGfpAYi.gif

Hell, use em all as a move list. Make em like Carl Clover or something where you setup pizza cats on the screen for stuff or like Sonico where you summon cast from the show to do attacks like Doronjo did with Booyaka and Tonzra.

shaowebb

Wow...someone asking me for the long version for once lol.

Carl Clover in Blaz Blue has a Puppet for a drive (aka his special gimmick attack button). He can set it up on the screen and it'll throw attacks when he wants or it can soak up hits. Its a setup moveset thats tricky to deal with. Doronjo was a summon based moveset character in TVC. Her flunkies were Booyaki and Tonzra. She only occassionally did attacks herself because she would instead summon her goons onto the screen in front of her to perform attacks like forward moving multihit moves, dropping boulders from above, growing exploding trees that she could hide low attacks behind, etc. The goons had their own hurt boxes so hitting them often interrupted stuff, but they doubled as meat shields to hide her from attacks. Super Sonico's moveset in Nitroplus Blasterz is very very similar in premise except she also had in addition to summonable attacks cats that walked around her that performed all her normals and that during jump ins could still hit you low from on the ground or even be positioned akin to Carl's doll to setup left right tactics as she'd attack on one side and a cat would go for a super behind you. Its like a moveset based entirely around assists. Other examples include Maori from Arcana Heart and kinda sorta the two character things in Melty Blood like the Hisui&Kohaku character. The proposed character Taliesin was meant to be something like that I think using his violin doll as his partner.

When I think of summon or puppet movesets these are the archtypes I refer to the most. I love the idea of characters from a show with a team of heroes functioning in this manner because it lets folks use the whole team and their group tactics. Its how I'd like to see The Samurai Pizza Cats done as a moveset at least.

notworksafe

That feature is called a “yomi counter.” To perform it, you let go of your controls. That’s right, you let go of the d-pad and buttons, and though you are completely vulnerable to any hit or combo, if an opponent tries to throw you, you will automatically reverse it. You’ll throw them instead, and you’ll do it with a fancy, awesome animation special to your character. You’ll even get full super meter on top of that.
rIJcbfr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom