• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Z

Sony are dicks, been tempted to get Guilty Gear for a while now and Xrd Revelator came out recently... But Xrd Sign is now on sale for £11.99.

Ultimately the question being can you buy an upgrade to Revelator from Sign at a later date or is this a Street Fighter IV --> Super Street Fighter deal where you need to buy the game wholesale?

Fucking fighting game Renaissance in my heart, why you re-kindle my love for the genre after all these years.

Revelator is indeed a full new game. No special upgrade pricing. If you're just starting out learning Guilty Gear, Revelator is a MUCH better purchase due to the new tutorials.

Sigmaah

Thank god I got the weekend off. Ima be playing tf outta ibuki and balrog. I fuck with vega heavy but I need a secondary. Ibuki and balrog got me hype af.

shaowebb

where the fuck is uniel st?

and Arcana Heart Six Stars!

I neeeeeeeed to play as Minori Amanohara and that new Arcana named Ichor.
lFUR9oE.gif

NEO0MJ

Yeah, I'd love to see that. IQ was horrible on consoles. NB love their sub-HD. Even lives on in Pokken.

Yeah, it's really annoying how unclean the image is with their games. Kinda surprised they didn't remaster TTT2 for the PS4/X1 to give people something to fiddle with until T7 like they did with T5:DR and TTT on the PS3.

shaowebb

So with Scorpio announced I wonder how this will impact Killer Instinct performance or console streaming?

Here's hoping that for once Microsoft actually gets backwards compatibility to work properly. Otherwise the "has no games" meme will be FAR more accurate than it should ever feel.

Kumubou

Maybe a list of GAF members who are competing. I don't know who is competing aside from me and Count though
I'm entered into T7:FR (although I am an absolute fraud when it comes to Tekken) and I'm also involved with a lot of the anime side tournaments (although I probably won't be playing in any of them, womp womp). I'll send more information to Kadey about Animevo when there's more concrete schedule and stream information available (or you can just go to http://animevo.moe ).

Skab

Marvel 2 came out for the Dreamcast on this day 16 years ago. 16 fucking years. God I'm old.

I really do hope we get a Marvel 4 sooner rather than later.

CO_Andy

I really do hope we get a Marvel 4 sooner rather than later.
I won't say it's impossible, but Capcom would need to produce a crazy amount of content upfront in order for the game to work.

Street Fighter can get away with a small roster because its a 1v1 fighter, but not Mahvel. Unless MvC4 deliberately recycles character models from 3 then i don't see this game happening anytime soon.

I'm there to watch MKX and I did enter T7FR for fun. Pretty excited. Man, I'll never forget the feeling as a competitor in these last few weeks leading up to EVO. The anxiousness. I miss a lot of things about competition but not that stress.

Trying to decide in T7 if I stick with my old main and play like it's 2009 or use the tournament as a way to play for fun and try out Katarina, who I am considering maining when the game comes out.. I've barely played the game at tournaments.

Neoxon

I won't say it's impossible, but Capcom would need to produce a crazy amount of content upfront in order for the game to work.

Street Fighter can get away with a small roster because its a 1v1 fighter, but not Mahvel. Unless MvC4 deliberately recycles character models from 3 then i don't see this game happening anytime soon.
Vanilla MvC3 got away with 36 characters at launch, with the models themselves not being as detailed as what were found in SFIV. It would also depend on which engine the hypothetical MvC4 goes for. For reference, SFIV uses Dimps' in-house engine, while the MvC3 games used a version of the MT Framework engine. So while yes, it did make things easier for Capcom since they were using an in-house engine, they may not have been able to carry over some of their experience from Dimps' engine from SFIV (& later SFxT). If Capcom sticks with Unreal Engine 4, Capcom may be able to carry over their knowledge from Street Fighter V to Marvel vs. Capcom 4. While they may not be able to directly rip the models of Street Fighter V (likely due to artistic reasons), they may be able to port over smaller stuff that can help streamline the development process. Likewise, it may make things easier in terms of integrating the Capcom Fighters Network into Marvel 4.

Again, this is all assuming that MvC4 happens anytime soon (which, while not impossible by any means, isn't exactly likely). At best, Marvel & Capcom would be in early talks for Mahvel 4, & that's just me being generous. If we are getting MvC4 anytime soon, we probably won't hear a peep about it until next year at the absolute earliest.

Neoxon

If they're trying to sell sfv as a service why would they release another fighting game to cannibalize it?
Street Fighter IV & Marvel vs. Capcom 3 were able to co-exist at their height (even though UMvC3 ended up outliving the SFIV series of games competitively). And for the time that the SFIV games were active in the competitive scene, it kept up just fine with Mahvel 3 & maintained its main event status amongst the FGC. The relationship between Street Fighter V & Marvel vs. Capcom 4 (in theory) wouldn't be any different.

Street Fighter IV & Marvel vs. Capcom 3 were able to co-exist at their height (even though UMvC3 ended up outliving the SFIV series of games competitively). And for the time that the SFIV games were active in the competitive scene, it kept up just fine with Mahvel 3 & maintained its main event status amongst the FGC. The relationship between Street Fighter V & Marvel vs. Capcom 4 (in theory) wouldn't be any different.

Their relationship as in Marvel is just released once and forgotten about while SF gets continuously updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom