• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand why they always decide to only use 1 stage for these huge events. You would think a stage like Guile's, Vegas, or other stages would resonate with casuals more.

Dahbomb

I saw Iron Man use a crouching jab and then a crouching light kick before going into his cr.MK.

I really hope this game does NOT have 6 attack buttons. That's the way you DON'T attract casuals.

pizzacat

Banned
I saw Iron Man use a crouching jab and then a crouching light kick before going into his cr.MK.

I really hope this game does NOT have 6 attack buttons. That's the way you DON'T attract casuals.

its prolly just one button that goes into a combo like kof burst button

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Power Gem lets you self-OTG from the looks of it? That's dope
Ryu definitely does it, I wonder how that's handled, though.

From the Playstation Experience interview it sounded a lot to me like they didn't have character-specific boosts, which I assume they'd need to have character-specific OTG moves and not just light kick for everyone.

Would add a ton of depth
and be a balancing nightmare
if the gems worked differently for each character.

shaowebb

Lol. Me and Q were joking today that the most vanilla reveals they could've added today would be Captain America and Chun Li. We then went on to say how dull Morrigan is to always rep Darkstalkers.

We done cursed that reveal apparently. :p

EDIT: Oh ...looked like Iron Man airdashed downward during his combo and the footage of Megaman X transforming is new. Looked like his charge buster ate everything it hit too.

Kalamari

It would take *years* of glowing reviews of razer products from people I trust to convince me to buy any of their garbage products.

I think this is why they hired Markman, not only to promote their products, but also provide some professional level feedback to improve their products..

Dahbomb

Fact that Iron Man can air dash down like that in a combo means that we at least have the Iron Man up/down dash fast overhead from Marvel 3.

Seyavesh

Fact that Iron Man can air dash down like that in a combo means that we at least have the Iron Man up/down dash fast overhead from Marvel 3.

it's a really good sign but also the airdash is slightly slower than the marvel 3 one- it's more in line with the speed of viper's airdash df but that's liable to change

the existence of airdash cancelable normals, iron man's j.H still having full length, cap's st.H having full length and an airdash that is still that speed vs. the slow butt airdash X had has lit some pretty strong embers in having faith in the team building this game

Airdash-canceled attacks right there.

I wish we knew something about how any of these characters play right now. Seeing fly-canceled fireballs from Morrigan would make me feel a lot better right now.

Dahbomb

the existence of airdash cancelable normals, iron man's j.H still having full length, cap's st.H having full length and an airdash that is still that speed vs. the slow butt airdash X had has lit some pretty strong embers in having faith in the team building this game
I doubt this will have much team building but hopefully the neutral is more interesting than just ground based footsies.

Man all this new info is making the whole no assist thing even harder to swallow. Even a single partner assist would've made this game a lot better for me. It's just really hard to get over.

shaowebb

You know what I've always found striking since Marvel 2? The loss of what I considered "Marvel's Ryu moveset and posterboy". Cyclops was that guy. Tatsu, Shoryu, projectiles and then his own special beam stuff. Just an all over good all arounder. Then he wasn't in MVC3 and its not certain if he or any other mutants may show up for any reason. Hell he's dead in the comic unless its the kid version.

Once Cyclops was gone I guess Captain America was sorta a guy on the poster who coulda replaced Cyclops as the big blue boyscout figure to center on, but really Ironman was more popular. Thing is, neither Ironman nor Captain America fill the role of all arounder in gameplay terms for casuals who they can put parallel to Ryu on a poster in the manner Cyclops was. Kind of wonder if Marvel has a new all arounder in Captain Marvel to replace the Cyclops moveset...I hope so. Cyclops had a dope moveset and I'd love for a new all arounder to appear from Marvel. That or a miracle and the return of Cyclops happens somehow.

Seyavesh

I doubt this will have much team building but hopefully the neutral is more interesting than just ground based footsies.

Man all this new info is making the whole no assist thing even harder to swallow. Even a single partner assist would've made this game a lot better for me. It's just really hard to get over.

oh no, i meant that as in "the team developing the game", haha
i'm definitely bummed out by no assists but marvel 3 is now on pc so i can pick that up and fuck around with it whenever i want since i've a decent scene and if mvc4 actually sucks ass we can just go back to it easily due to it actually being easily available again.

You know what I've always found striking since Marvel 2? The loss of what I considered "Marvel's Ryu moveset and posterboy". Cyclops was that guy. Tatsu, Shoryu, projectiles and then his own special beam stuff. Just an all over good all arounder.

i would straight up say magneto is the marvel posterboy, both of the vs. series itself and for the marvel franchise within the series. dude is prolific as fuck in every way and in marvel 3 especially fulfills that 'all rounder' role that encapsulates every aspect of the game perfectly. there's a reason why viscant says to pick mags as the char you learn the game with if you plan to play it seriously and it's very much that all-rounder aspect of his. i really feel that if you do not enjoy playing mags in 3 it's very likely you will never enjoy playing mvc3 regardless of the character you pick

shaowebb

heh...
Brought this up in the other thread by Tag combos make Ironfist more fun than he used to be. Especially if airdashes are universal this time around because he'd have some mobility and you could now get at his delicious ground combos and crumples mid combo and enjoy all that damage. Mobile guy on point, Ironfist on tag cleanup. Its sorta like how I used to use Poison/Hugo with Hugo there to cleanup her plate with damage except with Ironfist.

Honestly he needs so much more than just an airdash but an all ground based guy in a game with tag combos is a lot better than he was in Marvel just from that system change.

Just hoping my boy gets another chance at life and can actually have fans this time is all. I'll likely need a new main. Hoping hard for Daredevil and Gene to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom