• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

Need some advice fighting fans.
I told my girlfriend that I wanted to try and get good at Street Fighter so she bought me a mini Hori fight stick for the PS4.

I've never used a fight stick before and I like that this Hori stick isn't too big and I can play with it on my lap, but...

I am absolutely terrible with it.

I've looked up online tutorials showing me how to hold the stick itself and I've spent about an hour in the training mode trying to get the inputs down but I'm really struggling to land anything with any consistency.

In comparison when I use the standard DS4 controller I find it so much easier to pull off moves.

Should I stick with the stick or go back to the controller? I'm finding the game borderline unplayable with the stick at present :(
It'll take you about a month to get good with stick. Practice DP and hadoukens on both sides, charge moves on both side.

.la1n

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays. I got my wife an Apple Watch to distract her while I finally get to put some time into SF V Season 2.

I kinda hope mum's the word for a while. It seems like the game, from what was shown, wasn't in any way ready, so they should just keep working on it and maybe announce something closer to release. Maybe 3-4 months before it's ready to ship.

Tripon

I kinda hope mum's the word for a while. It seems like the game, from what was shown, wasn't in any way ready, so they should just keep working on it and maybe announce something closer to release. Maybe 3-4 months before it's ready to ship.
Haha, yeah right. Yams knew shit before anyone else. Yams.

Line_HTX

remember when Tekken 7 came out in arcades March 2015 and its almost 2017 and they havent even announced a release date for consoles

Well, they had to go through a ton of updates as well. They might say something next month, so I'm keeping fingers crossed. As Markman said, it'll be ready when it's ready. I honestly hope, and it's purely my speculation, that it comes out late April.

Happy 28th birthday to Kayo Police!

tumblr_m8jlfimZhN1qdzoq5o1_540.jpg

.la1n

when are kayo and aris going to get married?

A match made in heaven.

As for MvC Infinite; I'm at the point now where I prefer to just see finished / near finished product with release date soon after. The pre release "hype" and theory crafting isn't fun for me. Bandai Namco has damn near killed all excitement I'd have for T7 if it didn't look like such a solid product.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Well, they had to go through a ton of updates as well. They might say something next month, so I'm keeping fingers crossed. As Markman said, it'll be ready when it's ready. I honestly hope, and it's purely my speculation, that it comes out late April.

The date will be announced sometime in January. It was confirmed earlier this month.

Also, yeah. The game had to go through several updates in arcades and a bigger update with T7 to T7FR. ALSO. The console team is the same as the arcade team. They had to focus on finishing the arcade version first before transitioning more of the team members to work on the console version. To anyone thinks that they're not doing anything.

Beckx

KOFXIV is $39 on PSN (might be plus required?)

SFV is $20 (base game only, there have been better deals i think)

edit - think plus is required for both prices

new Gundam PS4 footage looks gooooood

Line_HTX

I can never do 2v2 matches because I'm not a good teammate. I'd rather have the loss all on me instead of some situation I couldn't control. For that reason, Dynasty Warriors Gundam is the perfect lazy way of playing a Gundam game for me.

6aRBX8Z.png

shaowebb

I can never do 2v2 matches because I'm not a good teammate.

MVC:I will probably not be a good title for you if there is a SFxTekken 4 player mode then.

Speaking of MVC:I, I had a fucked up dream last night where Asura was revealed. He had a gimmick based on the timer where he got stronger the longer that match went and was a glass cannon like Akuma. Don't remember much besides that. Think he had some armor and a Marduk AA grab or some shit. All I could remember waking up was that a timer character would be one scary anchor dude to throw into a tag game. Potentially busted shit could ensue with that. Not sure I'd ever want to see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom