• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expected something worse. Yeah it's a dumb comment, but it's not like his general views aren't liberal in nature for the most part. He has a thing against anime avatars basically.

Like, why be salty over anime avatars when you have a Japanese honorific in your display name?

Weeb is weeb, nah mean?

Anne

Logan is here to stay, no matter what he said / will say on Twitter. Too important for Capcom UK.

This is true tbh. Logan is even tweeting "lol nothing will happen to me fuck off".

Still doesn't stop me from not being down with CPT stuff involving him though. The anti-LGBT implications in his tweets are too much for me to personally ignore, let alone his act in general being pretty garbage.

Hyun Sai

The only people who don't want balanced games are those who want top tiers for easy wins, and those who want bottom tiers so they can feel better about losing. A balanced game is simply one where anyone can pick any character and expect to perform as well if their skills are above their peers. The more balanced a game is, the more options there are. Marvel 3 is probably the most balanced Marvel game in the series history.

This. The "unbalanced = fun" argument never made any sense, ever.

Some people just love cheap and abusable stuff for easy win.

shaowebb

This. The "unbalanced = fun" argument never made any sense, ever.

Some people just love cheap and abusable stuff for easy win.

Thus the Jojo and Hokuto no Ken crowd.

Thing is...those games are indeed fun.Making the player feel powerful and awesome is super important to making people actually give a damn about a game. Sometimes if they make them feel powerful enough they'll end up dedicating themselves entirely to a title simply because of how it feels to have those moments regardless of its balance. Just look at Marvel. Fail to make them feel good and you might have focused too much on balance and ended up cutting out most of the fun for the player. Fun and balance are great if they can both be achieved. If a game is fun and broken though its still alright just not something worth dedicating yourself to longterm IMO since busted games are rarely so addictive they stick around. Its totally fine to have your guilty pleasure titles.

In the end, if a game is fun and balanced it can have some serious staying power. One or the other and it just sorta ends up with a niche following.

petghost

Banned
I dno man "sjw" has entered the general lexicon . Don't think a dude using it means he's some kinda nazi or some shit. Logan definitely has a fragile ass temper on twitter though.

Dahbomb

Cheap, abusable stuff is hella fun until someone does it to you a thousand times.

Player expectations have changed over the years. Previously you kinda expected stratified tiers and some broken mechanics that dictate higher level play. Talking about 2D games for the most part because 3D games like VF and Tekken usually have an acceptable level of balance most of the time. Nowadays with patches and bigger tournaments alongside bigger spectator factor... you want variety in tactics, strategy and character representation. It has been far less important to see high level mirror matches of two top tier characters because for many it's just far less interesting.

Karsticles is right in that hype is brought about by unexpected moments and situations. You can have that in long standing games too if there is enough opportunity for player expression and creativity. But there are of course more factors like stakes, player skill level, scope of competition and coverage. Doesn't matter how good your game is when it's being played by 5 people for $5 versus another game that has 5000 people playing for $500000 with celebrity pros like Daigo, Justin and Tokido.

Anne

I dno man "sjw" has entered the general lexicon . Don't think a dude using it means he's some kinda nazi or some shit. Logan definitely has a fragile ass temper on twitter though.

The SJW thing i sone thing, the other is him specifically calling out somebody for having a rainbow avatar.

1zZRSVuX.jpg

Im sure he was calling him a cigarette, UK slang and all that

Shouta

The talent pool over there must be dried up if Capcom UK is keeping Logan on board at this point. He's said a lot of rancid stuff.

shaowebb

Holy shit! My wife apparently custom designed me a hoodie for X-mas and it came in late and showed up today. Check out my HURRICANE POLYMAR HOODIE!
uGcdr0g.jpg

Fuck yeah. Gonna wear this shit playing TVC.
Thank you Artscow for having a customizer that lets you upload art per area.

shaowebb

That's a sick ass hoodie!

Thanks! God I love this character. First I knew him for this.
DGYmaCL.gif

Then I checked out the show and knew him for his waaaaaaaay too violent for his intended audience ways :D

You've all seen the gifs. Love this dude. Best character.
Just look out for Tatsunoko's legal team
Its the only one of its kind. The site is setup to let you upload graphics to each area of a hoodie and my wife apparently vector made a bunch of individual parts and kept using preview functions till it was designed and aligned properly. I definitely need to hit this place up again.

NEO0MJ

Holy shit! My wife apparently custom designed me a hoodie for X-mas and it came in late and showed up today. Check out my HURRICANE POLYMAR HOODIE!

Fuck yeah. Gonna wear this shit playing TVC.
Thank you Artscow for having a customizer that lets you upload art per area.

How awesome of her. Feeling the urge to kick dogs yet?

Beckx

I'm really considering doing this, you think it'd fly?

Anybody got any suggestions for big CMV makers for an OP?

i think there were some good Skullgirls ones linked in a recent update, i'll try to find them.

speaking of, SG is super cheap on steam right now

shaowebb

How awesome of her. Feeling the urge to kick dogs yet?

You know it!
mQEU4Mr.gif
NX0nmsM
VmU0skA.gif
oH9DyhM.gif
tnL79h9.gif

HURRICANE!

Shoutouts to berzerker Kung Fu heroes who have lvl 5 supers. I love this fucked up dude. Fast, great high low pressure and left right pressure, has cancel tools making him hard to read, and has an anti air rekka as well as AA grab super stuff plus one of the best assists in the game. Everything he did converted to maximum damage...and animal cruelty apparently.

Jesus Christ Polymar what is wrong with you?

Dahbomb

I'm really considering doing this, you think it'd fly?

Anybody got any suggestions for big CMV makers for an OP?
Well if it's general CMVs and not restricted to just fighting games then of course DMC stuff is the gold standard for action games.

Donguri990 for DMC and other action games. Dude is not human.

Beckx

think i'm going to hook up the DC for some Giant GRAM this weekend.

would love to see that game (or one like it) come back. maybe with a faster pace, though

notworksafe

think i'm going to hook up the DC for some Giant GRAM this weekend.

would love to see that game (or one like it) come back. maybe with a faster pace, though

i have giant gram 2000 for naomi and man that game is fun. it's a mashfest but it's a fun mashfest. plus you can play as VAAAAAADER so i'm down!

speaking of arcade stuff, just picked this up! found a good excuse to buy up some CPS2 games!

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/CEMnuCb.jpg?1[/img]

another scary arcade hardware collection habit begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom