• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

The date will be announced sometime in January. It was confirmed earlier this month.

Also, yeah. The game had to go through several updates in arcades and a bigger update with T7 to T7FR. ALSO. The console team is the same as the arcade team. They had to focus on finishing the arcade version first before transitioning more of the team members to work on the console version. To anyone thinks that they're not doing anything.

Gotta say, I am loving that new Cathedral stage a ton with the balcony break. That might be the coolest looking stage I've ever seen.

shaowebb

I just can't get into playing sfv as much as I want to. It just bores the hell out of me.

Same. I own it now, but I just can't find much exciting. Its really basic. There are a few interesting things and I know it can get fast from what I saw at capcom cup but...I dunno. I just feel like for a footsie fighter there are way more exciting titles that I enjoy more. Koihime Enbu with its crumple combo stuff, MKX with its pressure game and stylish movesets, KI with its really cool instinct tools and stylish aesthetics, heck even Chaos Code with its customizable toolsets and movesets are great. KOF 14 is likely the best footsie game plus it has the team aspect.

I just find it hard to push myself to play more on the promise that it gets better when I know I already own things I find more enjoyable in that style I guess. Plus that doesn't even touch upon the other styled titles I enjoy even more that use airdashes and assists.

Hutchie

KOFXIV is $39 on PSN (might be plus required?)

SFV is $20 (base game only, there have been better deals i think)

edit - think plus is required for both prices

new Gundam PS4 footage looks gooooood

Shouldve just given us maxi boost tbh. Im very fearful that alot of my favorite gundams will be missing

Beckx

Shouldve just given us maxi boost tbh. Im very fearful that alot of my favorite gundams will be missing

it probably depends whether your favorites are the main suits of their particular series, or are second/third tier suits or variants. like, it might not launch with FA Unicorn but the regular version will absolutely be there.

given what i've seen of MB systems i'm kind of fine with just seeing a fresh start here. if the systems are good that's what matters most...though i am assuming it will launch with 50+ suits and all the main TV series (plus the most popular manga, e.g. Crossbone, Thunderbolt, etc.) getting 2-3 suits each.

i also assume they will DLC the fuck out of it, just like the past iterations (and like how MB had time release)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is just funny to me knowing how big you are into Destiny.

Now that is a grindfest.

There is more grinding in Mario is missing than Destiny.

If I want to go to sleep I start playing SFV. Now they still have years or so it seems to make the game a lot more fun but as of right now SFIV is the much more fun game.

I lub my new chair. ♥

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Does any of the SFV people have anything to do with Marvel Infinite? I think first and foremost they should concentrate on making the game fun, worry about balancing or whatever after.

Does any of the SFV people have anything to do with Marvel Infinite? I think first and foremost they should concentrate on making the game fun, worry about balancing or whatever after.

Nope. Totally different team. The director worked on many of Capcom's 90's fighting games.

Dude Maximilian seriously could not stop tonight. The man played this Guile for 3 hours straight & kept losing these sets. In the end it was the Guile that left before Max could try to tun it back for what would have been like 20th set between them. It was rough. Gotta love Max's will to win and his refusal to go out on a loss but there comes a point where you just need to let it go.

MvC:I is being done in-house at Capcom where as SFV was worked on by Dimps and Capcom.

petghost

Banned
A good game needs many components to be good. If a game is not fun, I could not call it a good game.

Also i don't think a game needs to be balanced (if we're talking about like a balanced cast of relatively equal strength) to be good. So many of the most adored fighting games lack that and while maybe they suffer for it it's def not enough to make them undesirable for most people. maybe clay fighter or battle zone has a balanced cast but no one would give a fuck in the first place.

Bizazedo

A fun game is a balanced game

A lot of players don't want balanced, though. Not honestly. As an idea, they do, but they really don't,

People like to be safe and don't like to be challenged. S'why Dark Souls and Bloodbourne are amazing and yet don't sell CoD numbers.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
since broken = hype i eagerly await the revival of mighty morphin power rangers: the fighting edition

most broke = most hype right?

A lot of players don't want balanced, though. Not honestly. As an idea, they do, but they really don't,

People like to be safe and don't like to be challenged. S'why Dark Souls and Bloodbourne are amazing and yet don't sell CoD numbers.
The only people who don't want balanced games are those who want top tiers for easy wins, and those who want bottom tiers so they can feel better about losing. A balanced game is simply one where anyone can pick any character and expect to perform as well if their skills are above their peers. The more balanced a game is, the more options there are. Marvel 3 is probably the most balanced Marvel game in the series history.

since broken = hype i eagerly await the revival of mighty morphin power rangers: the fighting edition

most broke = most hype right?
Hype is unrelated to balance. Hype is about creating moments of intensity, confusion, and wonder for viewers. Fighting games are the most hype when:
1) Stakes are high.
2) Viewers have their expectations overturned.
3) New things happen.

Marvel games are typically hype because the stakes are high throughout the entirety of the match due to how powerful momentum is, the fast pace of the game means that even experienced viewers are surprised on occasion, and the variety of options allows for the game's "newness" to remain longer than other games

Bizazedo

The only people who don't want balanced games are those who want top tiers for easy wins, and those who want bottom tiers so they can feel better about losing. A balanced game is simply one where anyone can pick any character and expect to perform as well if their skills are above their peers. The more balanced a game is, the more options there are. Marvel 3 is probably the most balanced Marvel game in the series history.

I'm not disagreeing with your concept. I want balanced games. I'm saying the majority don't, not really, and line up to your first sentence.

Line_HTX

I just saw :/

I remember following him for a short short while way back. Big mistake.

So glad I didn't follow and see his other stupid shit from a couple of weeks back after Capcom Cup ended.

He's not even making any ounce of sense. The fuck is he even talking about...

It's more about why certain characters/playstyles are strong, rather than how much stronger the top tier is vs everyone else. How close the game is to what the designers originally intended or how many choices a competitive player has at the character select screen hasn't mattered that much historically.

I think a fair criticism of SFV is that the top tier isn't strong in particularly interesting ways, and what it takes to be a good character in that game isn't as dynamic or complex as in other games, even if it is more "balanced" than games like 3s or Marvel or vanilla SF4.

In a way I sorta wish Capcom went crazy with the patch changes, especially since they're apparently going to be annual, but I guess after SF4 AE they don't want to do crazy stuff anymore. League or DOTA just shuffle the game a bit every couple of months to keep stuff fresh for players, because MOBA devs realized that making massive disruptions to the meta pretty much counts as new content.

I expected something worse. Yeah it's a dumb comment, but it's not like his general views aren't liberal in nature for the most part. He has a thing against anime avatars basically.

He and Hamad seem to have a short fuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom