• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't only the lighting updated? Game still looks the same otherwise. MvC:I will look better than KOF XIV no doubt, it probably will look as good as SFV by launch. The only character looking rough was Ryu..

I don't really know, but the game looks better regardless.

I mean, if MvC:I did come out with subpar visuals but every other feature was there, then I don't think people would complain. It's Marvel; every character's sprite could have the quality of Morrigan's old sprite and people would still love it.

Just wondering why does nobody complain about MKX or KOFXIV input lag? Even though there higher than SFV.

Street fighter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbsSkwVEb9o
Mortal Kombat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MeDCSflnwc
Kof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sSJFoxneq4

Probably cause SFV is the most popular. Im sure the KOF community and MKX community complain about the input lag.

I just want green hand back :(

Also a good Alex costume :(

oh and maybe some alex buffs I guess

dat halloween costume tho.

Hyun Sai

Just wondering why does nobody complain about MKX or KOFXIV input lag? Even though there higher than SFV.

Street fighter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbsSkwVEb9o
Mortal Kombat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MeDCSflnwc
Kof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sSJFoxneq4

Because it was never higher than the base input lag of SFV before they fixed it ?

Probably cause SFV is the most popular. Im sure the KOF community and MKX community complain about the input lag.
I don't know about MKX, but I never heard complaints about it in the KoF community.

Beats

im sure tekken 7 will have all the features ya'll want, like player two rematch, good netcode, 30+ characters out the box, a legit story mode and arcade mode for casuals, UI that dont look like they made it five minutes beforehand, hundreds of non-DLC unlockables and 8 player tournament/spectator mode

probably won't dump a rootkit on people's computers in an update too

Dahbomb

Marvel Infinite with input lag and rootkit..

El oh El

That will be the point where Capcom fighters will not get a single cent out of me for a really long time.

I wish Gief had his cup-o-fart back but the air SPD is kinda cool.

I really hope marvel infinite is good. Still don't understand why they removed assists. It's how you cover your point character or make up the weaknesses while sacrificing something else.

I wish Gief had his cup-o-fart back but the air SPD is kinda cool.

I really hope marvel infinite is good. Still don't understand why they removed assists. It's how you cover your point character or make up the weaknesses while sacrificing something else.

They said that assists like in marvel 3 were too confusing to new players or something like that. The gem system seems more interesting to me than just character assists.

Looking forward to classic Alex and Ibuki costumes. I was really surprised they didn't release them alongside Akuma.

Saving em for that SF anniversary next year

Sayad

im sure tekken 7 will have all the features ya'll want, like player two rematch, good netcode, 30+ characters out the box, a legit story mode and arcade mode for casuals, UI that dont look like they made it five minutes beforehand, hundreds of non-DLC unlockables and 8 player tournament/spectator mode
But T7 also have 6+ frames of input lag!! People will not give it serious play, just like MKX and KoFXIV. :(

I don't know about MKX, but I never heard complaints about it in the KoF community.
I did! Well, to be fair though it wasn't complaints, just some mentions of it with everyone around going "oh well!" and moving on.

CurlyW

Yup. Skullgirls is an attempt at doing Marvel 3, but taking out all the casual/easy to play/mass audience elements and instead replacing them with highly technical gameplay with character designs that you'd be uncomfortable showing around kids. Me and my sister spent hours and hours playing the game on Dreamcast. We were terrible, we did team supers all the time with the buttons - and it was super fun!

How were you able to play Marvel 3 on Dreamcast?

6.5 lag is bad but I don't think no invincible meterless uppercut is that bad. I am curious to give that kind of SF a try first before writing it off.

It's not like Capcom hasn't made badly designed fighters in the past and it's not like the FGC hasn't tolerated it before. People played Marvel 2 for years and not even Mike Z is going to defend that.
I've always hated invincible reversals in SFV, so I'm inclined to like the change.

4 characters had meterless DP's. Those 4 characters were arguably also apart of the top 5 characters in the game. They were nerfed so now they have to block like everyone else.

B L O C K .
Now they'll know what it's like to be me!

Yup. Skullgirls is an attempt at doing Marvel 3, but taking out all the casual/easy to play/mass audience elements and instead replacing them with highly technical gameplay with character designs that you'd be uncomfortable showing around kids. Me and my sister spent hours and hours playing the game on Dreamcast. We were terrible, we did team supers all the time with the buttons - and it was super fun!

The reason I'm worried about MvCI is that it looks like MSH2 more than an MvC game, and 2v2 can be kinda dry gameplay wise.
I have zero confidence in MvCi, but what is so technical about Skullgirls? I suppose being 8 buttons makes it harder in a sense, but it flows just like a Marvel game to me. I don't find any of the characters more uncomfortable to show people than, say, Felicia, Laura, R. Mika, Morrigan, etc.

PBalfredo

I'm considering if there are any fighting games I should nab during the Steam sale.

Any games with particularly good netcode (I already have SFV and Skullgirls, BTW)

If I liked Persona 4 Arena (particularly for quality of life features like the high/low hit notifiers, autocombos and easy quater circle inputs) would I also like Guilty Gear Xrd or BlazBlue?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm considering if there are any fighting games I should nab during the Steam sale.

Any games with particularly good netcode (I already have SFV and Skullgirls, BTW)

If I liked Persona 4 Arena (particularly for quality of life features like the high/low hit notifiers, autocombos and easy quater circle inputs) would I also like Guilty Gear Xrd or BlazBlue?
Outside of the notifications bb and gg have none of those things. P4a was super simplified compared to the rest of their main games

There is a autocombo mode in both games but they are very limiting and not part of the intended play method

That said I don't think gg is too hard to get into if you plan on slowly growing with it it starts off fairly simple and more focused around the basics with short chain combos until higher levels

petghost

Banned

yeah.

i mean if the only thing you like about p4u s the autocombos and all qcf inputs then you might be disappointed because both bb and gg dont feature autocombos and there is way more input variety but whatever i dont think there is a big difference between the technical proficiency needed in p4u and gg or bb.

if you like the feel and pace of p4u then you probably gonna like any other arcsys game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
C0_BfeDXAAA_Fz6.jpg

Input delay spoilers:
Tag 2 has the exact same input lag as SFV does right now. Which was a frame more than Tekken 6. Tekken 7 is likely to have the exact same input delay.

Sayad

I feel that the nature of Tekken combat and its frame data makes the input delay seem not as bad as in SF.
I think this is overstated, the faster frame data in SF like 3 frame jabs and less than 10 frames normal are things that you wouldn't deal with based on reaction any way, just like you're not going to stand in order to block a 14f mid or crouch under 12f high on reaction in Tekken.
Where as the range of thing that you're meant to react to(18 to early 20s frames) are about the same in both games. So which one is affected more by lag is less a question of which game has faster moves and more about the nature of the game it self and how much reaction based interactions occur.

Did they slowed down lows going through T5 > T6 > TTT2?

No snd because of that the big thing that happened was that throws became harder to break and lows became harder to block. Also it was harder to do reversals on reaction. It was a noticeable change but people just ended up dealing with it. In Tekken 7 they did adjust the throw break window accordingly and alter the speed of some lows, specifically Law's d/b+4 Dragon Tail.

Pretty much from my testing in Tag 2 you can block attacks that are 17 frames on reaction if you are just looking to block at the sign of any movement, AKA you can block mids and highs. However it takes about 21 to 22 frames to block specifically AKA block low on reaction.

I am in agreement that this is a non-issue though. There are more ways to deal with "unreactable situations" in Tekken and there is always significant risk to moves that are that fast.

shaowebb

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax IGNITION on sale for both PS4 and PS3 for 3500 yen ( $29.91)

Well worth the investment. In this game you have assists. Each assist has at least two different moves you can use. You also have 2 trump cards. Activating them triggers a move thats unique per character but for everyone it puts you in a powered up state. where you have new combo options and move properties. You also have bursts and neutral or bursting mid combo grants xfactor like buffs to your offense. This also extends your trump gauge to enhance your time in the powered up state!

Additionally you get a third character to choose for an optional buff. You see between rounds you can either choose to buff your trump cards, your assist or I think your own meter gain (sorry been awhile. might be wrong on that last one). This means you can adapt mid set and try to cover your weaknesses in a match.

A really hidden gem by the Under Night/Melty Blood folk that shouldn't be slept on.

Plus it has basketball-chan Minato who is one of the best character moveset designs . That mixup command grab moveset of turning folks into basketballs and using your basketball team for passes and shots that mixup folks is just too hype
v1TewDk.gif
Lowa29C.gif
gH56Nmj.gif

Seriously...click the second link and count the crazy mixups in a 2 minute set. I lost count of all the high/low into left/right into command grab craziness.

pizzacat

Banned
It sucks that the characters look like i would be imprisoned by 2016 is over if i buy that because basketball character is just dumb enough for mw

shaowebb

It sucks that the characters look like i would be imprisoned by 2016 is over if i buy that because basketball character is just dumb enough for mw

Licensed anime characters. Comes with the territory. Game is stellar. Just putting it out there for folks who wanna try something good thats rather hard to acquire sales on.

Beckx

hey notworksafe, is there a way to set up CPS2 games on a kraylix (that's already set up with LCD TV/PS360+)? i would assume no but figured if anyone knows you would.

Pretty fun seeing him go through all the characters and reacting to all the cool stuff they can do haha.

was pretty funny when he got to big band

also fixing beta typos in real time

sounds like he'll keep streaming it for a while

I'm really considering doing this, you think it'd fly?

Anybody got any suggestions for big CMV makers for an OP?

Skullgirls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qp5HbweWLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGPHILoDhFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ4Z_hrQO60

Beckx

Picked up the PS4 version of Garou and also KOFXIV

why do the Code Mystics ports of NeoGeo games look so bad? i have Garou running in emulation and it's gorgeous. in the Code Mystics port the sprites just look off. might just be the shitty scanline options compared to what you can do on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom