• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why Mike left twitch? Seemed like a gig fit perfect for him, and what he had been searching for to break out from the cross counter hold...

There was a hint i guess at the end of the Excellent Adventures holiday special. Maybe something do with ESPN

Or hopefully he's the second pick for the new EG Dream Team!

jbug617

Banned
Justin says he was not dropped.
I didn't get dropped by @EvilGeniuses I just wanted to explore my own options! Don't worry guys I'll be just fine!! Let's be positive ^_^

My guess is EG offer him a lesser contract this time around

Sheroking

Both Justin and Rog have cush jobs at Nvidia that allow them to travel almost every week for tournaments AND have successful streams.

Rog said that there was more upside for him and others who have already made a name for themselves to seek out sponsors for themselves, as opposed to being part of a team. I would guess Justin and Eduardo have similar ideas about that.

pixelish

meanwhile in nyc...

fHVD2j2.jpg

Seyavesh

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";227527440]Finally got the reset sequence I was working on when I sold my PS3 two years ago down now that I have UMVC3 on PS4.

[/QUOTE]

the magblast crossup is clean. don't forget to check on techs for the j.L reset there- gotta consider the front/back tech + assist call stuff when doin' resets that close to the ground.

you should technically be able to kill off that throw anyways if you're resetting off a mags combo but as a starter for a 100% char it's especially good. it looks like you got overdrive assist w/ phoenix probably for the purpose of combo extension but have you considered mixing TK shot into the mix for that mixup for an extra fucked up layer of crossup/not into high/low without them bein' pushed out?

dorm teleports let you get away w calling that assist a lot more too, haha

the magblast crossup is clean. don't forget to check on techs for the j.L reset there- gotta consider the front/back tech + assist call stuff when doin' resets that close to the ground.
It grabs all three directions without me having to change anything. Magneto blocks the forward tech with his body. It's one of the reasons I liked the reset so much back when I came up with it years ago.

you should technically be able to kill off that throw anyways if you're resetting off a mags combo but as a starter for a 100% char it's especially good. it looks like you got overdrive assist w/ phoenix probably for the purpose of combo extension but have you considered mixing TK shot into the mix for that mixup for an extra fucked up layer of crossup/not into high/low without them bein' pushed out?

The reset does ~1,100,000 damage, you just don't see it because the dummy reloads his health during the reset some.

dorm teleports let you get away w calling that assist a lot more too, haha
I play Dorm point on this team, the Phoenix assist is for incoming mixups that can't be evaded by airdash characters as well as airthrow resets since I'm playing a team that relies on saving meter for dark phoenix.

edit: since we're on the topic of my team, just came up with a fun new bnb for vanilla phoenix:
Vm27nv.gif

God's Beard!";227527440][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTvZ5Ii5sf8 said:
Finally got the reset sequence I was working on when I sold my PS3 two years ago down now that I have UMVC3 on PS4.[/URL]

A little preview:

X6XrrV.gif

What a wack reset. Who the hell is gonna get hit by that? Shit's too slow.

Jiyuna said that Daigo implied that Ryu is no longer fun to play. Who will he main other than Ryu? DDRs want to know.

From the sounds of it, he views Guile as very strong and did mention again that he has played him in the past.

I found his rant at the beginning hilarious about the history of basically the Capcom fighting games he played. People just want strong fun characters, and going for balance is not the popular option. He mentioned how booty Victor is in the Vampire series but it was all relative because in another fighting game he is a damn good character, so people play him because he is fun. And all that was a segway to Ryu is boring and sucks after the nerf, while some characters like Guile and Gief are more fun. He also admitted CFG is a bad game but a 10/10 game for him because he played Urien.

Skab

SFV
UMvC3
Injustice 2
Guilty Gear
Smash Melee
Smash 4
Tekken 7

Swap GG with KoF14 and thats my guess. I doubt we get GG or BB this year, will probably put those on the Evo Japan line up.

I honestly wish they would drop at least one Smash. Melee just takes forever to get through, and any change to the format will cause huge backlash from the fan base.

I like Smash, but it kinda needs its own space.

Swap GG with KoF14 and thats my guess. I doubt we get GG or BB this year, will probably put those on the Evo Japan line up.

I honestly wish they would drop at least one Smash. Melee just takes forever to get through, and any change to the format will cause huge backlash from the fan base.

I like Smash, but it kinda needs its own space.

Oh yeah I forgot about kof14.

Dahbomb

SFV
UMvC3
Injustice 2
KoF
Smash Melee
Smash 4
Tekken 7
That would be my guess too.

SFV, Smash 4 are shoe ins.

Melee most likely will return.

Injustice 2 if it releases on time will be in for sure.

Marvel 3 will get its last official EVO, last hurrah before Marvel Infinite. Then we can continue to the streak of a Marvel game at every EVO right into Marvel Infinite. Will be played on PS4 most likely.

Tekken 7 may finally get a console release date and that game has been in EVO without even being on consoles.

GG and KI I am iffy on. Like people are saying if there's a Japan EVO then GG will probably get moved to there. And honestly it's high time KI gets booted out but it might somehow find its way in because of M$ money hats. KI and Smash games would be the only odd games out... every other game is playable on PS4.

Tripon

Yeah, wizard says 7 games you want to see because he wants communities to argue who should be there.

It'll be 9 games again with the Smash scenes even more segregated from the event in order to try to maintain some sort of organization.

The real question is what games will companies bring to show off. MVCI
(and maybe SFV 30th anniversary edition)
is a shoe-in, but what else is coming out soon?

crash-14

What I think

SFV
Smash 4 / Melee Switch version
KoFXIV
Guilty Gear
MKX / Injustice 2 (Dependes when the last drops)
Tekken 7
UMVC3

Tbh, I could see Guilty Gear out in order to put the 2 Smash games (Thanks to EVO japan), but Guilty Gear has done well in regular EVO so I don't know.
Speaking about Mahvel, If it wasn't for Infinite I doubt 3 would make it this year.

In other order. Man I hope SFV season 2 improves the game for viewers. Yesterday I watched Nemo vs AiAi in top 8 EVO and I was really sad due the fact that we don't have that kind of matches anymore (And that often).

Maybe Capcom should have tried to release the game with more characters and now should try to put 1 every month instead of 2 months. But I guess it also implies more work and investment.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";227552004]The real question is what games will companies bring to show off. MVCI is a shoe-in, but what else is coming out soon?[/QUOTE]
Tekken x SF of course.

Maybe that new Riot fighting game that has been rumored for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom