• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

My dream for EVO is 4 days, same venue, 9 games. Tourney is just bloated and energy was dead last year on Sunday morning grand finals. Folks were playing like shit. Add a day to account for the amount of tournies swelling, and dont leave for a second venue. Thats all I want.

RM8

I really don't think they can drop a Smash game. SSB4 is what Nintendo wants people to play, especially with the supposed upcoming port, but Melee has an insanely loud fanbase that would not react nicely. Personally? I'd drop the animu games :p

jbug617

Banned
The no cap could be huge for that community
C1QweGHUoAA13iK.jpg

Skab

I really don't think they can drop a Smash game. SSB4 is what Nintendo wants people to play, especially with the supposed upcoming port, but Melee has an insanely loud fanbase that would not react nicely. Personally? I'd drop the animu games :p

Which is what I expect to happen with Evo Japan being a real thing. Even more so if really is only 7 games.

notworksafe

Like others said, he always asks on twitter for 7 games because he likes to see the scenes bicker. He then puts 9 games in anyway. This has been the case for at least the last two years

EDIT: Only way it's actually 7 is if Mandalay Bay's convention area has significantly less space than LVCC.

Mandalay Bay has 1 million sqft of convention space. There's plenty of room depending on how much Wizard wants to rent out

shaowebb

Kilgore is neat. The more he zones the faster his spin speed gets on his guns till they overheat then he starts taking damage but his moves get extra properties. Typically it looks like overheat favors his rushdown tools but since you can use exhaust to cool off and to cancel out of guns you can stay cool for zoning if needed. Has a nice missile though that you can aim a target reticle to create good setups and oki. You can either fire them 3 missiles straight to the reticle or hidden missile style upwards for shit. Shadow missiles is like 15-17% if they all hit and mad hard to avoid since its a Dante style cluster.
Plus Blanka balls with fast recovery on whif.

Diggin this dude. Nice game now that its like 27 characters strong.

shaowebb

Have they released a KI character that doesnt have 63 mechanics to it

What would be the point? Dull stuff isn't exciting. The deeper the new content is the more use folks will into it and the longer they'll mess with it. Making a character thats vanilla isn't very exciting for sales or for getting folks back into a game (or to pick it up for that matter).

DLC needs to be enticing. Besides this is a very simple mechanic to get down. Try learning Aganos.

EDIT: or Aria.

pizzacat

Banned
What would be the point? Dull stuff isn't exciting. The deeper the new content is the more use folks will into it and the longer they'll mess with it. Making a character thats vanilla isn't very exciting for sales or for getting folks back into a game (or to pick it up for that matter).

DLC needs to be enticing. Besides this is a very simple mechanic to get down. Try learning Aganos.

EDIT: or Aria.
Isnt aganos rock man nty too slow

Aria has the 3 switch thing

I like the shadow man the best because hes pretty sick with the slides and his airdashes but then again his fireball is lame because its mechanic

Things can be complicated yes, but in the way KI does im playing against myself most of the time

Like the two headed guy that commands just dont work sometimes

Like what

Have they released a KI character that doesnt have 63 mechanics to it

The characters of Season 1 are the most simple. Ever since Keits and the IG team took over, the mechanics introduced to KI are very, very cool. Keits even said the two additional characters coming to KI will continue to bring new mechanics and ways to fight to the table.

I say good on Keits and the KI team, because I very much enjoy what KI's added to the table for fighting games.

shaowebb

Isnt aganos rock man nty too slow

Aria has the 3 switch thing

I like the shadow man the best because hes pretty sick with the slides and his airdashes but then again his fireball is lame because its mechanic

Things can be complicated yes, but in the way KI does im playing against myself most of the time

Like the two headed guy that commands just dont work sometimes

Like what

Eyedol switches movesets so you gotta watch him. I'm currently trying to lab him and he's pretty stellar, but yeah you gotta have your shit together. Omen is the zoner and he is super sick. All those tools made me initially think during his reveal back in the day he'd be top tier and busted...proved me wrong. Aganos has to grab chunks to have access to tools and can put walls on the screen to force folks close to him. If he puts folks through a wall its mad damage. He can also make a giant club. Slow as balls, armored, and touuuuuuuuuugh to use. Aria is glass cannon so shes tricky.

I'm still learning hard on this game. Loving it though. So much to explore with every character.

notworksafe

You didn't miss much. If you got KI on Xbox One you should also have the old games on your console if you want to check them out but it's rough times.

It'll be 7 this time, huh.

SFV
Tekken 7
Xrd Revelator
KOF XIV
UMvC3
KI or Injustice 2, one of those
Smash 4

Really, having one Smash in the main lineup can save a lot of time.
Dropping a Smash game would be surprising - both Smash games bring in a ton of players.

petran79

Banned
Disgusted with Juri in SFV. Played a little online in USFIV. Surprised Capcom didnt put that game on a Steam sale for half price.

peter0611

Dropping a Smash game would be surprising - both Smash games bring in a ton of players.
Yep. I'm 99% sure Melee is returning. It brings in the participants, star players on legit esport teams, and the spectators. And many of the community leaders work for Twitch, which is closely aligned and or partnered with Evo.

I know some of you are hoping your fanfic comes true and one or both Smash games get kicked out, but it's probably not happening. If I've learned anything from SFV, it's best to lower your expectations. I don't actually mind 2 smash games if the logistics make sense.

.la1n

Ultimates are the best implementation of a modern No Mercy since it continues the flow of the match. Glad that IG/MS decided to address one of the most requested features since Season 1. I won't raise the pitchfork until I see the cost of the remaining post-season 3 characters since I think $5.00 is very reasonable with $5.00 going towards the community.

Kumubou

KI: where you can be a pot monster without ever leaving your home
Capcom did this too with the CPT DLC, except like everything else Capcom has done with the game it was half-baked (at best) and provided near-zero value for your money. Even the amount contributed to the pot is very close.

(On that note, somebody beat me to death with a used dakimakura if/when I start shilling for IdolmasterTekken gatcha draws.)

Kumubou

Can you draw Lili going Ohoho?

;P
Not those kind of draws! The kind where you blow $500 rolling for some frilly dress and all you get is a bunch of frog hats and clown shoes for half the cast.

And it's probably for the best that I don't have much experience/talent drawing, because I think what I would end up drawing would be... uh... questionable.
Insert joke about Arcana Heart doujins HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom