• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

C11xKhfWEAQU9ZP.jpg

Switch getting a fightstick.. wonder what FGs will show up on the platform.

Pokken is a given and I believe Namco Bandai and Arcsys both confirmed support for the system...

Oh god please let this be about TVC.

HyperHip

Yeah, but you never see sticks announced for compatible older or smaller digital games. It's already a niche product, you need to release alongside a big AA/AAA title to get traction and carry sales I presume.

Wasn't the Hori Wii Fighting Stick pretty much released with no AA/AAA fighting game in sight?

shaowebb

Sad thing is I tend to forget about Tekken, DOA, Soul Calibur and VF in general. I own them all and legit enjoy them is what bugs me. I have absolutely no complaints on the games. I guess I'm just a 2.5d guy and not a side step player, but even that doesn't hold enitrely true because I was addicted to Kamen Rider Chou Climax Heroes on my breaks for a year when it came up. Power of the license maybe?

To each their own. It just bugs me I own them all and never really poured over them to study as hard as I did the rest of the stuff out there. Maybe they were too far removed from what I was trying to get a broad view on. I've never tried to play any of them too seriously sadly.

notworksafe

it's sorta irrelevant what FG come to Switch tbh. Anything that is on PC or another console will sell far more there and no one who actually cares about the competitive side will play anything on Switch.

all i'm hoping for is a Tekken 7 release date announcement out of this press conference now. maybe some sort of marvel reveal.

Dahbomb

it's sorta irrelevant what FG come to Switch tbh. Anything that is on PC or another console will sell far more there and no one who actually cares about the competitive side will play anything on Switch.

all i'm hoping for is a Tekken 7 release date announcement out of this press conference now. maybe some sort of marvel reveal.
That's more or less how I see it as well.

It only changes things up if there are Switch exclusive fighters which as of now are probably just ports of Smash 4 and/or Pokken.

I care because i'll be able to train / bring a setup everywhere. But besides that you're right.

.la1n

I don't see Tekken 7 being a very satisfying experience portable because of the limitations of the hardware. I am looking forward to playing console Smash in a portable fashion without resorting to the 3DS since my hands cramp after a short period. It would be great if it got the UMvC 3 port and/or MvC Infinite.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A new Soul Calibur on Switch would be nice.

Do what I did and get Heavensward PC for that sweet constant 60+ frames.

You will have to setup your crossbars again though.

I did that 30 minutes after I booted my pc up for the first time. I honestly feel PSN fucks with the game, my latency is better and aoe markers spawn faster now too

Kumubou

I don't see Tekken 7 being a very satisfying experience portable because of the limitations of the hardware. I am looking forward to playing console Smash in a portable fashion without resorting to the 3DS since my hands cramp after a short period. It would be great if it got the UMvC 3 port and/or MvC Infinite.
Namco got functional ports of Tekken 6 working on the 3DS and the PSP (and the 3DS version ran at 60fps even with stereo vision enabled!). If they want the game working on the Switch, it'll work.

It would be cool as a portable setup for events, if nothing else. You could quite literally stuck a casual setup in a laptop bag, so you wouldn't even need to leave work to play Tekken now.

Beckx

yeah, namco is actually competent at scaling games for hardware.

moving between tv play and portable is pretty much my dream hardware so hopefully it will have all the fighters.

Beckx

Soul Calibur Switch except

Li Long is back and Maxi is gone

the opening music is from Soul Blade

Soul Blade's Weapon Master mode is back too

Line_HTX

That Hori stick for the Switch has got me interested.

Tag 2 Wii U's Mushroom mode was the best mode ever with the various hilarious hitboxes or invincibility if you got a star, haha

Tripon

I mean, if you just look at CPU and GPU prices, you can easily build a PC that already costs more than a PS4, and XB1 combined with just those two components.

I paid $600 for a 1080. No Ragrets

doesn't every current gen console use dated hardware? i don't know if that's unexpected.
dated kindve makes sense for consoles, but not like they are horribly dated. Its just that they arent the top of the line parts, and as the years go bye their architectures fall behind.

Switch should be mostly new tech, 1 gen behind on the CPU or so, its just that its limited by the fact that its tablet hardware, not its dating

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
doesn't every current gen console use dated hardware? i don't know if that's unexpected.
I mean relative to their console competition. Doesn't need to be a bleeding edge quantum computer, just keep up with the PS4/X1 in power and graphical capability, which seems unlikely.

If it's multiplatform, then yeah, go for the series' trademark realistic style. But if it's Switch-exclusive, might offer an opportunity to ..switch.. things up with the game's presentation than pump out something that you know would look and potentially run better on other hardware (though more a concern for armchair analysts than developers because an exclusive is an exclusive).

Tripon

More people are bound to register once Capcom announces the CPT dates. He tweeted that Capcom is supporting the event.

Yes, I know. He was at 134 attendees when he posted the CPT tweet.

FGC people just don't register early, and it's going to keep on biting TOs in the ass.

Kalamari

What if you could just increase your console performance by connecting two consoles to each other? Want 60fps in Destiny? Just buy a stack of 4 PS4s.

I did that 30 minutes after I booted my pc up for the first time. I honestly feel PSN fucks with the game, my latency is better and aoe markers spawn faster now too

It's just a smoother experience overall on PC. Also since it's separate from PSN that means that when PSN is down you won't be locked out from getting on.

I know, right?

I think cel-shaded Soul Calibur has potential TBH if they're working with dated hardware.

I want them to come out with a new Soul Calibur and bring back a bunch of the old characters like Zasalamel and Talim (who was my main until she was removed in 5).

Isn't the Switch more powerful than the Wii U? I think that would be enough to get the game looking as good as 5 at least.

notworksafe

I mean relative to their console competition. Doesn't need to be a bleeding edge quantum computer, just keep up with the PS4/X1 in power and graphical capability, which seems unlikely.

If it's multiplatform, then yeah, go for the series' trademark realistic style. But if it's Switch-exclusive, might offer an opportunity to ..switch.. things up with the game's presentation than pump out something that you know would look and potentially run better on other hardware (though more a concern for armchair analysts than developers because an exclusive is an exclusive).

guess that makes sense but for me i just have a pc for "power". if you're into graphics and super powered hardware, no console out now makes sense to buy for that and i'm sure scorpio won't change anything in that department. i'm looking for top of the line from the switch, i just want nintendo games. everything else i want i can play on pc and usually better than any console.

of course i do have an x1 but that's for media center stuff, 360 bc, and every game dropping in price like a rock on there...sometimes before release like ffxv lol

Tripon

Mr. Religioso of Bandai Namco said he began noticing the lack of female esports players at regional esports tournaments last spring, like Final Round in Atlanta and Combo Breaker in Chicago.

With the growth in esports, he saw an opportunity to reinvigorate interest in the company’s Tekken franchise. Next year, Bandai Namco will release Tekken 7, a one-on-one fighting game that the company hopes will be popular among esports competitors. Women make up about 23 percent of the fan base for the Tekken fighting games, Mr. Religioso said, but few are playing them competitively.

Rather than segregate men and women, Mr. Religioso wants them to work together in the “Bonnie and Clyde” tournaments. He also wants to introduce Western audiences to the Tekken Girl’s Club, a mentorship program in Japan in which professional players teach women to master the game’s mechanics.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-intelligence.html?_r=0

If you want to discuss this article, I made a thread here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=228147698#post228147698

shaowebb

Huh...apparently the new Game Informer issue has an article on Marvel vs Capcom Infinite that confirms that each infinity stone has 2 different abilities attached to it. Sounds like the Dengeki Bunko method of things. In that game you choose one assist character but they have at least 2 different moves attached. Doesn't look like gems function as an assist though from what we saw so it may be referring to passive traits and a buff state like the ones we saw.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Huh...apparently the new Game Informer issue has an article on Marvel vs Capcom Infinite that confirms that each infinity stone has 2 different abilities attached to it. Sounds like the Dengeki Bunko method of things. In that game you choose one assist character but they have at least 2 different moves attached. Doesn't look like gems function as an assist though from what we saw so it may be referring to passive traits and a buff state like the ones we saw.
You mean the Game Informer article that came out around the announcement or a new issue?

We've known this since the reveal. We don't know if both are necessarily passive or active (can kind of assume one will be active based on Ryu's use in the trailer), but one will be more readily accessible than the other and they're still figuring out activation criteria IIRC.

shaowebb

You mean the Game Informer article that came out around the announcement or a new issue?

We've known this since the reveal. We don't know if both are necessarily passive or active (can kind of assume one will be active based on Ryu's use in the trailer), but one will be more readily accessible than the other and they're still figuring out activation criteria IIRC.

New one. Its in the edition that has Overwatch on the cover and reads differently.

Beckx

My daughter doesn't know about the switch but I knew all about the SNES coming at her age. Wonder how they will build the hype for parents/kids.

remember that you knew about the SNES because the Super Famicom was already out in Japan for months.

also

north of 60-70% of the country watched the same shows on the same 4 networks (even if they had cable, broadcast viewing didn't fragment until much, much later) so everyone saw all the same ads

tbh i have no idea how hardware companies build device hype for kids these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom