• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Info about Cannes Winter Clash.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/5nizm4/cannes_winter_clash_2017_a_surprise_for_you/
What's up /r/Kappa !
Been a while since I posted something like this lol. So here I am for some exciting news about Cannes Winter Clash!
Before everything else, I'll start with the bad news. Unfortunately, we are not going to be a CPT ranking event this year. Which is of course a big change for us, but we believe we are strong enough to still deliver a great and interesting tournament, and we understand Capcom's decision. Gameline, as you probably know, is a team deeply engrained in the FGC, with members who've been involved in both competing and TOing in multiple games, so we'll focus on what we do best: being a part of the community. And the best way to me: to start it here. We are still grateful of /r/Kappa 's help to make CWC a great event, so it's only logical that my announcements are posted here first to get you guys' opinions
Now for the great news. Cannes! Taking place February 24-26 2017. Here are our main games this year:
Street Fighter V: Singles, 3v3
Ultra Street Fighter IV: Singles. Yes. We still play this game. Because we like it and we're allowed to play multiple games. Join us! (unless you play Elena)
KOF XIV: Singles, 3v3. The French KOF community is always strong, and same goes for other countries. We already have a strong team coming from the UAE, including White Ash and Zantetsu who are both very strong KOF competitors. Bring it!
KOF XIII : Singles. Because as stated earlier... We like the game so let's play it!
Guilty Gear Revelator: Singles, 3v3. Just saying... Scroll down for an Xrd announcement!
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Singles. WHEN'S MARVEL??? Well it's now. Still in Cannes because we love that damn game

Mortal Kombat XL: Singles. Let's show some MK love as well =)

NO SMASH. Yes. You heard it. Well let me say it again. No Smash.

I'll give more details towards the schedule and everything soon, but as usual there will be streams in both French and English, and I'll be on the English one (still trying to secure Hollywood F-Word to come this year, I'll let you know when it's done obviously). By the way if anyone is planning to attend and has a good knowledge of Revelator, KOF XIV and MK XL, your help on commentary is MORE than welcome. Last year I actually went on commentary for Xrd finals but my knowledge of the game is way too lacking to give anything good, so I hope I can get someone good to help me out, or to simply take the mic and do it by himself. PM me if you want to help!
Alright, off to the tournament-related announcements now

The International Team Cup is back! 5v5, country based, let's see who is the best country for SFV!
Finals will be played in the cinema. Yeah, this one. The very same venue where Hollywood movies are presented and rewarded every year. We actually Hollywood! Sunday will be sick!
And now, players. We already have two fan favorite coming to play and I think you will like them:
Guilty Gear: FAB is coming! We'll get to see Potemkin madness all weekend =D

Street Fighter V: Well. Coming back to our /r/Kappa love. Who else than /r/Kappa 's 2016 favorite would we fly in? JOHN TAKEUCHI! He'll bring that sweet season 2 Rashido for us to enjoy!
That's it for now. We are still working on player announcements and they will be coming your way soon, I'll of course post them here. I'll just say, if I can secure it, a certain Japanese player who plays a character that may or may not be my SFIV/V waifu may or may not come to Cannes . And obviously not only him. A certain Ken player from the Middle East could also show his haircut . Others are in the works. Can you tell me which players would you like to see for our games? I'll then see if we can fly some. Remember that we are a multi-game event, so if you want someone who plays multiple games we're all down for it!

And last but not least, I'd like to have your opinion on something. As announced, not being part of the CPT this year means we will need more work towards promoting our tournament. And as stated, our focus being the community, we want to provide what the community wants. I am reluctant to crowdfunding without promises - I just can't ask people to pay forward with no promises. But one of my ideas was the following, and I'd really like to have your opinion on this one. If we secure enough interesting players, I've been thinking about creating a Matcherino-style pot bonus crowdfund, and the rewards would be related to our guests. Like show matches between Takeuchi and someone, or FAB interview etc. How would you feel about this? Any opinion is of course welcome.

Thanks a lot for reading me guys. And if you have any question or criticism towards CWC, you can always post them here or PM me and I'll do my best to answer/address them. And for more info regarding registration/travel/accomodation, the official Cannes Winter Clash website is here for you , along with CWC's Twitter account

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That Arms girl looks like Karin and R.Mika put together.

Switch so far is garbage. All of these budget C tier looking games.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
HDR remix coming to switch. It was in the final trailer with a billion other games.

So only the RPGs have me intrigued.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
hey guys what's retro working on-

56ccpIY.jpg

shaowebb

Arms looks way more fun than I thought. Wish it had better character designs, but it looks like mad fun. I could see it being a good time.

Dat Puyo/tetris, Mario Kart Battle Mode, and Bomberman footage though. TELL ME MORE!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well Nintendo finally bit the bullet and will charge for online play. If they are going to do that they have a lot of catching up to do.

Meanwhile Triforce just left his house to form a line at times square.

HDR remix is called Ultra SF2. Violent Ken and Evil Ryu!

Sayah

Zelda and Splatoon 2 alone will be worth the purchase for me. Though, overall, it was a pretty disappointing conference/event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom