• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Tim Turi (former Game Informer, Current Capcom employee) tweeted out the logo, then deleted the tweet.

DEx7wYe.png

I didn't ask for this

Nyoro SF

A few days after I post about whether or not Capcom is playing things a little too safe these past few years and we get an SF2 port with two extra clone characters...

Tripon

4d2ba3dfec88d78223c1e9693239ffec.jpg

Utilizing the system’s unique Joy-Con controllers, players can challenge each other in Arcade Mode, or team-up to both fight against the CPU at the same time.

Nintendo Switch TV, Tabletop, and Handheld modes allow you to play Ultra Street Fighter II at home or on-the-go with brand new single-player and multiplayer modes. More information and details on these modes, along with confirmed pricing and release timing, will be shared at a later date.

Yoshinori Ono, Executive Producer of the Street Fighter series, will be making an appearance on Nintendo’s Treehouse Live on January 13th to showcase Ultra Street Fighter II. Watch it live on Nintendo’s Twitch or YouTube Channel.

We here at Capcom can’t wait to bring you the next edition of the classic Street Fighter II series. For the latest updates on everything Street Fighter, make sure follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...treet-fighter-ii-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch

Is Ultra exclusive to the Switch?

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
It seems like they're adding some new stuff, but it better be a bunch of new stuff to justify that price. Arcade co-op seems like a novel idea, but there should be some long lasting single-player mode like World Tour or a mission mode to justify that much.

At the very least you can fully get rid of the HD Remix art. I know they didn't want to tamper with animation frames and they didn't want to alter the original proportions of the characters, but even with that in mind it looked surprisingly bad.

Bengus art looks a lot better than his SF5 stuff, but it's clear his style went in a direction that doesn't jive with some people.

Coda

So does Violent Ken actually have a new moveset sort of or is the only change is that his fireballs are a different color?

I didn't catch the Switch Conference, but Splatoon 2 is all I need to see. Pre-ordered the console.

That said, there's actually an ULTRA Street Fighter 2? I agree with people when they ask who the hell wanted that? It also comes with Evil Ryu and Violent Ken? Oh my god, Capcom actually put him in a real Street Fighter game.

Beckx

i was very happy with what i saw. pre-ordered. it seems more or less exactly what i want it to be.

i hope that ultra SF2 has the original backgrounds. i couldn't deal with remix because you could never turn off the updated backgrounds. edit: lol, i can't deal with $40 for SF2, either.

the Neo-Geo games are coming to switch too. First round is KoF98, World Heroes, and a few others.

the new piece of Bengus art on the Switch site is pretty sick

I disagree - it's poorly drawn and coloured compared to a lot of his earlier work. Some of the characters are really good - others are... really not drawn that well. Hawk for example has a neck as big as his head. o_o

shaowebb

Wasn't able to get my new gaming chair order due to some issues last week and it had to be refunded. Was able to reorder this week but I ended up paying a bit more for a different chair. It was an overall better deal so I made the switch even though it cost more overall.
Co-Z Chair on sale for $207 instead of $599
Looks like I can adjust the lumbar pillow on this one which is a big plus.

Still yellow and black which has me happy. Rated higher than the last one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom