• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

What's the possibility we could get a SF3: 4th Collision/Blow/Beat/Thrash in the future now that revising a 26 year old game for the umpteenth time is a reality?

I want to main Belligerent Sean.

Well, it doesn't sound like it has HDR re-balancing - but if it has a bigger input buffer and throw teching, the game is going to play differently than ST.

Didn't think I'd see the day...

Bigger input buffer = more option selects...

Throw teching could be interesting. Doesn't hurt Claw at all (depends - I don't know high level Claw that well) but would hurt Boxer and Chun quite a bit.

Judging by what has been reported, the input system has been reworked, presumably so it could support simple mode/Senor Footsie mode.

BadWolf

What's the possibility we could get a SF3: 4th Collision/Blow/Beat/Thrash in the future now that revising a 26 year old game for the umpteenth time is a reality?

I want to main Belligerent Sean.

If it's an updated port of 3rd Strike then people will just stick with the original.

If it's an actual new game then good luck getting Capcom to make sprites at that level again.

BadWolf

Also had it in SVC Chaos.

vken-tele.gif

Beckx

Ultra SF2 is up on the treehouse stream. twitch.tv/nintendo w/ Ono

classic graphics are available in their entirety (even backgrounds yay) (but even in classic mode the HUD is the new style, as is character select. odd.)

like Mario Kart you can give each player a joy con for 2p if you want

still that price tag :/

BadWolf

It's actually Bison psycho power.

Violent Ken isn't a SNK creation either. He's from the Street Fighter 2 animated movie.

The game version of Violent Ken is SNK's creation though and Capcom is borrowing from it, like the command dash seen above.

Pompadour

If it's an updated port of 3rd Strike then people will just stick with the original.

If it's an actual new game then good luck getting Capcom to make sprites at that level again.

Well, I figure it'd be like USF2 with a few Mugen-style edits of characters.

Maybe they should just hire Mike Z to rebalance the game like Sirlin did with HDR. He certainly couldn't do a worse job.

.la1n

It's been awhile but the switch version is the only one to allow both classic background and sprites correct? I seem recall HD Remix having only classic sprite option.

CO_Andy

i want to seriously see 1 2 Switch at EVO

the tournament could use a competitive game that isn't taken too seriously and looks like dumb fun for the streaming audience

Beckx

It's been awhile but the switch version is the only one to allow both classic background and sprites correct? I seem recall HD Remix having only classic sprite option.

correct, you got classic sprites on garbage backgrounds with HDR

here you get classic backgrounds & characters, BUT the HUD elements are still the new ones.

notworksafe

The $40 price tag still blows my mind. How does Capcom think that's appropriate lol

That being said, if an actual arcade perfect ST port was in it I'd pay $40 within seconds.

notworksafe

Yeah System 12 was basically an upgraded PS1 so TTT console was better than arcade. 3S and Vsav ports on 360/PS3 are damn near perfect, good enough for a tournament imo.

Vs games that made it to Saturn were all very good if you had the RAM expansion. MVC2 Dreamcast is another damn near perfect port but that makes sense since Naomi and DC are almost the same.

petran79

Banned
Yeah System 12 was basically an upgraded PS1 so TTT console was better than arcade. 3S and Vsav ports on 360/PS3 are damn near perfect, good enough for a tournament imo.

Nesica versions of 3S, VS and SFA3 are also arcade perfect. They are native arcade hardware converted to run on Windows. Without the gfx and bgm overhaul of the console versions.

There have been some dumps as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom