• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
can ya'll niggas explain to me what the FUCK kind of shit is this first layout???

It's all that we MK players had in the arcade. I remember a few folks in my local scene using the MK9 stick that had the classic MK button layout when MK9 first hit consoles.

By the time it had come out, I had become to used to the classic 2 rows of three/four buttons that I didn't want to use a classic MK button layout anymore.

can ya'll niggas explain to me what the FUCK kind of shit is this first layout???

C2kQWC2UAAIu3Cs.jpg

shit looks disgusting. It looks like a constellation, or a demonic sigil. Like if you play on this shit, you clearly never been loved before, and probably dont shower regularly. I'm seriously tripping on this.

I saw the Classic layout at the arcade(but with a bat top) . I think they even made a console joystick with the same layout.

Found it!

shaowebb

yC5X87S.jpg

That layout is designed ONLY for games with block and run. Its not even the best layout for that truthfully. It'd be completely worthless to I2 players as well. Its only function would be classic MK and MKXL. Seriously...how the hell would that x layout be useful for THESE inputs in Injustice 2?

aBJdYy6.png

My old layout on stick was :
L M MB Interact
H power Throw flip stance

It was setup so that I could easily MB interactable shit and was sorta KOF style box laid out.

That layout is designed ONLY for games with block and run. Its not even the best layout for that truthfully. It'd be completely worthless to I2 players as well. Its only function would be classic MK and MKXL.

Having a single button do runs in MKX just like it did in MK3 would make run cancelling SO much easier in MKX. It would be like Full Schedule's custom Hitbox where one button did a diagonal forward jump.

shaowebb

Having a single button do runs in MKX just like it did in MK3 would make run cancelling SO much easier in MKX. It would be like Full Schedule's custom Hitbox where one button did a diagonal forward jump.
Then I'd argue to just let us map run to a button on a two rows of four layout.

NEO0MJ

I like you Beef but sometimes... your opinions are just wrong,l. And this is coming from someone who never played that series!

JeTmAn81

Signed up for the Injustice 2 beta!

That doesn't look special at all. It looks like an AssCreed scene.

Assassin's Creed games are among the most beautiful being produced. For all their flaws, that ain't one of them. The Witcher 3 is fairly breathtaking when you're up high looking out at some mountain view with huge draw distance. I haven't even played the Ultra settings PC version, either.

CurlyW

Chicago's best KoF player used to use one of those PDP MK9 sticks because when he was growing up in Mexico, his local arcade's KoF cabinets had that button layout.

MrCarter

They actually use a hell of a lot of varying models just for one character in Xrd, the effort involved is bananas. Which is why you aren't getting DLC outfits ever, and why it looks 8000 times better than SFV

I do like the DLC outfits in SFV though. 8000 times? I think that's subjective. I think both games look wonderful and suit thier respective franchise of fighting games - very good in-game animation and models.

Assassin's Creed games are among the most beautiful being produced. For all their flaws, that ain't one of them. The Witcher 3 is fairly breathtaking when you're up high looking out at some mountain view with huge draw distance. I haven't even played the Ultra settings PC version, either.

What the fuck is draw distance?

You're talking to a guy who does not value graphical quality in the slightest. So when I see a screenshot like that, I honestly don't have a clue about what makes it special.

Beckx

i mean you can be entirely sincere about an opinion and still use it to troll people

i'm pretty sure you have a quarterly ritual of setting the FF fandom on fire over FFVI

i mean you can be entirely sincere about an opinion and still use it to troll people

i'm pretty sure you have a quarterly ritual of setting the FF fandom on fire over FFVI
Hey, I don't just go into FF6 threads to shit on people. Those threads sometimes bring up FF6 on their own while I'm in them.

XtYmaDw.jpg

Dahbomb

What the fuck is draw distance?

You're talking to a guy who does not value graphical quality in the slightest. So when I see a screenshot like that, I honestly don't have a clue about what makes it special.
If you don't value graphical quality in the slightest then why did you comment about Witcher 3's visuals to begin with?

notworksafe

i'm getting to the injustice beta for sure. there's probably only 5 or 6 other people who signed up for an xb1 invite.

and beef shaddup, quality graphics is the only good thing about the witcher. at least give the game that. terrible shot to use as proof though.

No you were talking about Witcher 3's visuals BEFORE the screen shot was even posted! Hell that's what prompted the screen shot to be posted to begin with!

Because I said everything about the game looked boring, gameplay included. Then that got someone's underpants in a twist and they posted a boring-looking screenshot.

shaowebb

Speaking of Marvel 3 I know there will be a ton of mods for it from PC players who are fans. However, I'm curious as to whether or not there will form up a dedicated group like the Project M folks for it. Modders and patchers galore will abound but unless there is like a unified group working on a singular patch build like Project M meant to act as a remastering for folks to try I see mods as more of a curious little time killer than a second coming for the game.

Any modder super teams forming up yet or is it more or less just folks who individually plan to "buff my guy and nerf the guys I hate to play" sorta thing?

Dahbomb

Speaking of Marvel 3 I know there will be a ton of mods for it from PC players who are fans. However, I'm curious as to whether or not there will form up a dedicated group like the Project M folks for it. Modders and patchers galore will abound but unless there is like a unified group working on a singular patch build like Project M meant to act as a remastering for folks to try I see mods as more of a curious little time killer than a second coming for the game.

Any modder super teams forming up yet or is it more or less just folks who individually plan to "buff my guy and nerf the guys I hate to play" sorta thing?
I don't think I have heard anything of the sort. Right now we are just hoping that it works fine first.

If anything I think the modding will be more focused on Marvel Infinite instead as that is also coming out on PC.

thehadou

Neo Member
Congrats on finally getting recognized for your hard work, TheHadou.

Thanks! It's dope to be able to offer an increased reward structure for CB's attendees. Now I've just gotta make sure the team and I deliver on expectations, both for SFV & our 17 other tournaments.

Gonna be a helluva year.

You can't get pro players to agree to take their own sticks to tournaments or to pre-reg for events. There's no way you're going to have them agree on a single Project M-like mod.

Seyavesh

i havent seen shit re: marvel modding yet so it's probably gonna be random dudes doing random stuff. not even 'buff my char' but straight random shit like all MT framework games

hopefully someone is adept enough to figure out how to assign different projectiles so i can get turn fireworks into dante shotgunning ryu's hadoukens all over the place

Dahbomb

i havent seen shit re: marvel modding yet so it's probably gonna be random dudes doing random stuff. not even 'buff my char' but straight random shit like all MT framework games

hopefully someone is adept enough to figure out how to assign different projectiles so i can get turn fireworks into dante shotgunning ryu's hadoukens all over the place
Marvel 3 Rainbow edition.

Onemic

The Witcher 3 never looked that amazing graphically to me. Always looked more like a cross gen game rather than a next gen game technically speaking.

It's kind of annoying that people post technical excellence when the complaint is that a game looks boring (ie. usually trying to say that the art direction lacks character, not that it makes your eyes bleed from technical hideousness).

Seyavesh

Oh man Prodigy is making this a REAL set.

steve ended up getting in his head super hard around the 24th/25th game. shame prodigy couldn't recover since the mag vs. nova matchup is such a fun thing to watch and play. it's a real test of patience and a little playing chicken- the way they have to respect each other is so funny

kirblar

C2kQWC2UAAIu3Cs.jpg

shit looks disgusting. It looks like a constellation, or a demonic sigil. Like if you play on this shit, you clearly never been loved before, and probably dont shower regularly. I'm seriously tripping on this.
....I thought you were old like me!

People not knowing the classic MK arcade layout is a mindblower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom