• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzacat

Banned
Also the injustice deigns arent bad but theyre adding too much to what should be just regular costumes

Like the flash shouldnt have any black on him, batman going from rubber cowl to plastic or metal was an old design thing so cant blame them there.

SFV redesigns are fine on paper but 3d models look like ass, akuma is wrong on both accounts. Looks like hes balding. Give him long hair like gouken and put some grey on it like in 3s IF you have to redesign. The old one still works imo

Sayad

I'm curious as to what modern artistic interpretations of long-standing franchises you guys think are good.

I love GG's for the most part, there's more character in Ram's legs animation than in anything NRS ever made(save for maybe some MKX's brutalities, some of those are cool ;p). Elphelt, Raven, Bedman(the bed and its animation, not the boy sleeping on it), Leo, Jack-o and Kum are all designs I liked. Answer is the first Xrd disappointment for me.

Most SFV redesigns are good in my book too, Bison, Birdie, Sim, Balrog are all better than before. Mika suffer from the outfit design but make up for it in animation and VA, if she launched with regular Mika colors of her Christmas outfit she would have been prefect and would probably got to keep the butt slap.

KoF barely changed old characters designs but some of the new guys like Nelson, Luong and Mian are great and I don't even mind Sylvie. Hate how much they inflated my girl Leona though.

This is just wrong:
AlertPaleDeermouse.gif

I love GG's for the most part, there's more character in Ram's legs animation than in anything NRS ever made

I strongly disagree. Have you played MKX ?

I'm not saying it's better than the old GG's (XRD have some character, but shitty designs everywhere) of course, but they really stepped their game up with MKX imo.

Sayad

I strongly disagree. Have you played MKX ?

I'm not saying it's better than the old GG's (XRD have some character, but shitty designs everywhere) of course, but they really stepped their game up with MKX imo.
It's hyperbole obviously, love MKX brutalities. ;p
MKX animation is a big step up for NRS, and for the most part, better than what we've seen from Injustice 2 so far. Also, MKX has the best new comers to the series since MK3.

Quebaz

KoF barely changed old characters designs but some of the new guys like Nelson, Luong and Mian are great and I don't even mind Sylvie. Hate how much they inflated my girl Leona though.

I do think some of KoF 14's redesigns are geat though. Benimaru and Billy never looked better IMO

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Like I said. I didn't think the NRS stuff is bad, just has more to it than it should. It's like Nomura with belts.

I don't care too much about DOA either but some of the designs is top notch. Kasumi, Ryu, etc have always been nice.

I may think of SF as my favorite fighting series but the designs have always been blah for the most part but since you grew up with it, it's something you are use to and it's practical. But also Capcom doesn't tack on extra pockets and or whatever to certain original costumes.

I mean I guess it's an American thing. You seem them doing the same thing with transformers, etc. The original stuff was plain and simple but the modern designs has way too much to it. Destiny is at fault for this too. Some of the stuff in it is over the top.

Marvel infinite is a new game. We have no clue how well who is going to do what in it. But one thing's for sure, Justin will be.

shaowebb

Any hints on when we may get more news from Marvel? Just got a few tidbits from DC so I'm eager to see what Marvel says next too.
Gonna be a good year for fighters for me. Already highly enjoying KI and BBCF. Doubt I'll have time to return to my 2015-2016 titles for a long while at this rate. I'll still try to participate on stream events for all those niche titles though. Its pretty fun playing Koihime and Blade Arcus with Degica folks. I'd love it if ASW , French Bread, and EXAMU did similar and had a weekly stream where they'd take on folks in private rooms from the chat live and interact. Its pretty fun.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
They should have brought back Blue Marry for the bounce show, Leona should be above this shit. :<

I mean big tits jiggle, specially with the way she moves. Unless she had some really shit implants or something. Them not moving around would look off, specially in 3d

Sayad

I mean big tits jiggle, specially with the way she moves. Unless she had some really shit implants or something. Them not moving around would look off, specially in 3d
They didn't move nearly as much in the gif you posted, even though she was moving faster while wearing a more loose tank top! Don't like where this is going though, my issue isn't that a female character is sexualized, I have an I-No avatar for god's sake! I just don't think it fits Leona's character.

Leona was always big. Just different tops.
Shh! You just want DoA physics on everything.

Sayad

I've seen far worse things done to boobs by japan than just lowering the cut on someone's top. Case in point why the fuck did lefty become righty in this image?

joGcXEn.gif
WSwTfeg.gif
Physics are fine, that's just a boy or a DFC wearing a bra stuffed with two water balloons.

shaowebb

Physics are fine, that's just a boy or a DFC wearing a bra stuffed with two water balloons.
I haven't a clue on the context of this thing so I can't tell if you're messing with me or not. My wife looked up ridiculous boob physics the other night and its literally on the page of the first result. That and a shitload of Eiken house and High school of the Dead trash.
I think she looked that up in response to me playing more anime fighters.
I love that woman :')

Any hints on when we may get more news from Marvel? Just got a few tidbits from DC so I'm eager to see what Marvel says next too.
Gonna be a good year for fighters for me. Already highly enjoying KI and BBCF. Doubt I'll have time to return to my 2015-2016 titles for a long while at this rate. I'll still try to participate on stream events for all those niche titles though. Its pretty fun playing Koihime and Blade Arcus with Degica folks. I'd love it if ASW , French Bread, and EXAMU did similar and had a weekly stream where they'd take on folks in private rooms from the chat live and interact. Its pretty fun.

You played Blade Arcus with others? Was it offline?

I always thought the game looked interesting, but no online....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MKX has great art direction. MK, for the most part, always has.

Injustice's designs are not that good, but I don't think it's a single thing. A bit overdesigned/overdetailed, the chunkiness looks out of place or goes overboard on certain characters, the overly robotic look of most of the gear makes it look like your fighting with androids of your favourite characters, them just having to produce so much content inevitably means some gearwill look worse than other gear etc. It's not all bad, and there are some really neat variations in there, and you can tell a lot of work has gone into it.

EDIT: Female faces have improved a lot from the few videos I saw.

King Kye

Banned
Sim is definitely one of the better designs in SFV, along with Rog and Bison. Rog is just superb.

One thing that see a lot of people complain about is the big hand/feet phenomenon that's been persistent since SFIV. I remember Capcom addressing that somewhere, stating that players found it hard to visualize when attacks were connecting or some such.

It doesn't bother me as much as others, but I found that to be hilariously bad reasoning, especially in the face of a game like Xrd.

Squash and Stretch techniques have existed in 3D animated games since... Mario 64? I know Xrd tries to provide a 2D aesthetic, but again, the technique has been around in 3D games forever.

Xrd isn't liberal with the technique, but I wonder why Capcom didn't go that route instead of Gorilla hands and feet.

Maybe Guilty has an edge here because most its attacks have effects attached them as well as weapons, which are easy to make comprehensible in that sense?

Pompadour

Sim is definitely one of the better designs in SFV, along with Rog and Bison. Rog is just superb.

One thing that see a lot of people complain about is the big hand/feet phenomenon that's been persistent since SFIV. I remember Capcom addressing that somewhere, stating that players found it hard to visualize when attacks were connecting or some such.

It doesn't bother me as much as others, but I found that to be hilariously bad reasoning, especially in the face of a game like Xrd.

Squash and Stretch techniques have existed in 3D animated games since... Mario 64? I know Xrd tries to provide a 2D aesthetic, but again, the technique has been around in 3D games forever.

Xrd isn't liberal with the technique, but I wonder why Capcom didn't go that route instead of Gorilla hands and feet.

Maybe Guilty has an edge here because most its attacks have effects attached them as well as weapons, which are easy to make comprehensible in that sense?

Not that your pictures are good examples of this but Xrd can be very liberal with how their attacks are animated because everyone has one model (aside from Ephelt). I'm guessing if SFV played around with that too much it may make it time consuming to implement into other models.

I think it's mostly a style thing, though. And there is squash and stretch in V (and in IV), it's just not as noticeable. A lot of limbs grow slightly in size just like they did in SF2.

.la1n

Any hints on when we may get more news from Marvel?

Probably waiting for the other fighters releasing relatively soon to get their hype wave over with. Also hopefully waiting until they have something more exciting to show with substantial information on what we can expect in mechanics.

shaowebb

You played Blade Arcus with others? Was it offline?

I always thought the game looked interesting, but no online....

Oh you didn't hear? Blade Arcus re-released on Steam with all the limited time DLC many missed out on as well as with online. Every Thursday night Degica games runs a stream where they have a dude playing both Blade Arcus and Koihime Enbu (also on steam in english). During the stream they give out prizes to the audience from Degica and they host private rooms to play against the streamer. In this way, even with a limited player base, folks can play someone online and meet others to play later. Plus steam is great for finding other players given its forums, friendlist and community stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/degigames

Tune in tomorrow on Thursday evenings from 4pm-8pm PST to hang out in the chat, watch, play, win and just enjoy the titles. I tend to play Rick for the rushdown with Melty as my assist partner because her level 2 and 3 assist options are very good for lockdown making Rick's already solid pressure and cancels even better for blockstrings.

I know the game doesn't have the visual polish of others but after playing it I do admire how its got a nice universal cancel mechanic, solid dashes, and a meter system that fills for assist calls centered around the concept of assists having lvl 1,2 or 3 call in attacks that vary. Its pretty cool making assists something you have to choose to either pop often for small interruptions or to save up bar for in order to do more damage, resets or nastier setups with. Between rounds you can even swap your characters and play the assist as the main so I can go from Rick + Melty to Melty with Rick assists should I so choose.

Fun game. Worth the small cash required for it IMO. Far better than I had hoped for it to be.

Dahbomb

they do, the static models look fantastic, and in general animate well. They just look odd in the sex scenes since the skin and bodies are stiff.
Oh I 100% agree, the sex scenes look awkward as hell. There's no game that has done sex scenes even half way close to decent (as far as I know, there might be some weird Japanese game with some insane sex tech).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom