• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like more games to implement more realistic skin and body physics. Especially games that try to take sex seriously. Witcher 3's stiff bodies make the sex scenes so laughable. Its just like making Barbie and Ken smack against each other after painting on some nipples

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsurface_scattering

It's just mainly the high end engines that push this feature though.

Physics wise it's probably a lot more difficult since it's not just skin but the way mussles and tissue moves under the skin and deforms.

Oh you didn't hear? Blade Arcus re-released on Steam with all the limited time DLC many missed out on as well as with online. Every Thursday night Degica games runs a stream where they have a dude playing both Blade Arcus and Koihime Enbu (also on steam in english). During the stream they give out prizes to the audience from Degica and they host private rooms to play against the streamer. In this way, even with a limited player base, folks can play someone online and meet others to play later. Plus steam is great for finding other players given its forums, friendlist and community stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/degigames

Tune in tomorrow on Thursday evenings from 4pm-8pm PST to hang out in the chat, watch, play, win and just enjoy the titles. I tend to play Rick for the rushdown with Melty as my assist partner because her level 2 and 3 assist options are very good for lockdown making Rick's already solid pressure and cancels even better for blockstrings.

I know the game doesn't have the visual polish of others but after playing it I do admire how its got a nice universal cancel mechanic, solid dashes, and a meter system that fills for assist calls centered around the concept of assists having lvl 1,2 or 3 call in attacks that vary. Its pretty cool making assists something you have to choose to either pop often for small interruptions or to save up bar for in order to do more damage, resets or nastier setups with. Between rounds you can even swap your characters and play the assist as the main so I can go from Rick + Melty to Melty with Rick assists should I so choose.

Fun game. Worth the small cash required for it IMO. Far better than I had hoped for it to be.

I honestly had no idea. I was only aware of the PS3/4 ports. That really makes me want to get into the game now. I always thought it looked mad fun, but I just stopped paying attention to it. Thanks for the link. I will definitely check that stream out later today.

JeTmAn81

I've been playing the Witcher 3 lately and enjoying it quite a bit. I've got some background with the characters, though, having read some of the books and short stories. I don't really mind the combat though when I reflect on it I'm just mindlessly button mashing my way through for the most part. The game looks amazing and has very high production values.

shaowebb

New character for Injustice 2 on Tuesday.
LJogxZF.png

Dis gon be goooooooood.

New character for Injustice 2 on Tuesday.

Dis gon be goooooooood.

I've got a feeling that it'll either be Bane, Poison Ivy, Robin, The Flash, or Brainiac, who all got unceremonious reveals via CG trailers or screenshots.

If it's someone who we haven't seen at all, then I'd be very surprised. Either way, Tuesday will be fun.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Not that your pictures are good examples of this but Xrd can be very liberal with how their attacks are animated because everyone has one model (aside from Ephelt). I'm guessing if SFV played around with that too much it may make it time consuming to implement into other models.

I think it's mostly a style thing, though. And there is squash and stretch in V (and in IV), it's just not as noticeable. A lot of limbs grow slightly in size just like they did in SF2.

They actually use a hell of a lot of varying models just for one character in Xrd, the effort involved is bananas. Which is why you aren't getting DLC outfits ever, and why it looks 8000 times better than SFV

can ya'll niggas explain to me what the FUCK kind of shit is this first layout???

C2kQWC2UAAIu3Cs.jpg

shit looks disgusting. It looks like a constellation, or a demonic sigil. Like if you play on this shit, you clearly never been loved before, and probably dont shower regularly. I'm seriously tripping on this.

Pompadour

They actually use a hell of a lot of varying models just for one character in Xrd, the effort involved is bananas. Which is why you aren't getting DLC outfits ever, and why it looks 8000 times better than SFV

By model I meant outfit and, yeah, that's exactly my point.

Dahbomb

can ya'll niggas explain to me what the FUCK kind of shit is this first layout???

C2kQWC2UAAIu3Cs.jpg

shit looks disgusting. It looks like a constellation, or a demonic sigil. Like if you play on this shit, you clearly never been loved before, and probably dont shower regularly. I'm seriously tripping on this.
It's very obviously laid out for block and run buttons in MK. But of course that's bad for pretty much anything else so even with Injustice you would want the 2 rows of 4. I am by no means a stick expert though.

Waiting on this bad boy though:

aRt8Frd.png

Xevren

C2kQWC2UAAIu3Cs.jpg

It's the old MK 3 layout, block in the middle and run in the lower left. Really wouldn't want to use that for other games heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom