• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

I-No
-Sterilization Method no longer has a throw hitbox behind Ino.
ErTMVPU.gif
RIP SM cross under hitbox, you will be missed. :(

really doing anything with nova feels good, even moving around with his weird ass dash (because of how dangerous his j.H is)

the feeling of birthdaying someone with raw dog H rocket punch is the probably one of the greatest in a fighting game i've ever experienced

like they thought they were safe 'cuz they just pushblocked you and it's their turn and you're fullscreen now in recovery calling their assist NOPE RRRRRROCKET PUNCH

it's even better when they're airborne and feel like they're safe and you still catch both chars because the crumple takes forever

Nova is amazing. His standing jab his overhead, that slide, standing medium, dolphin kick that crosses up maybe and all his specials.

Seyavesh

Nova is amazing. His standing jab his overhead, that slide, standing medium, dolphin kick that crosses up maybe and all his specials.

the best part of that situation is that you know you did H rocket punch like a full second ago in your blockstring for basically no reason besides to be an asshole and nova is just fucking revving up about to put his fist up two-third of the other team's ass

Capcom really got Nova right. I didn't really have much of an opinion on him when he was first shown, but he ended up being an awesome character. I'm glad he was included in UMVC3.

King Kye

Banned
Yeah, I think we can all agree that UMVC3 is just an all around spectacular game. I loved it at one point, then hated it - largely from a competitive gameplay standpoint - then my appreciation grew for it again after the re-release. The fact that the game won't be rebalanced is such a great loss.

I also think it's the best looking fighter released in the last 10 years. Even better than Xrd, which is considered a gold standard right now, and has interesting tech, but has a few warts (such as the low res textures and simple geometry of background objects) that bug me. UMVC3 isn't as robust tech-wise, but it just looks super clean and polished in just about all respects.

The game looks and feels great and not a lot of FGs get the latter portion right.

Listening to ultrachen, I have to agree it would be fun to have usf2 playable while you are at the airport or during downtime at work. The fact you can tech throws and no more fake fireballs probably means big matchup differences (though I only played it casually)

Kalamari

Listening to ultrachen, I have to agree it would be fun to have usf2 playable while you are at the airport or during downtime at work. The fact you can tech throws and no more fake fireballs probably means big matchup differences (though I only played it casually)

USF2 got nothing on Tekken bruh.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Here's some weekend JoJo:

Polnareff VS Kosaku Kira
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzdEo4XbmU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TZ9dfHp4Xw

Polnareff: Despite being largely a melee based character, has incredible range. In stand off his 236H can reach clear across the screen and punish a side-stepped projectile. In S-On his sword normals have crazy range and can be used to stuff moves until the opponent makes a frustrated, all-in mistake that will allow Polnareff to punish for big damage. Another unique aspect is his super, which is a timed buff that clones his stand gives an after-image affect. This increases the hits of all of Polnareff's stand-based tacks, increasing damage and changing the frame data on hit and block. Some wonder why Polnaraeff players don't stay in this mode all day, but there's serious drawback to it: He cannot gain meter in this mode at all, and he takes more damage too. He can be a bit tough to play as his anti-airs have no invincibility and it takes time to get used to his normals.

Kosaku Kira: While regular Kira is a rushdown and okizeme character, the Kosaku version is more keepout orientated. He uses remote controlled projectiles (can change distance and speed) that create big explosions that linger. These explosions are all unblockable. On top of that, when you do get close, he has a counter super that does 25%. In sand-on he can apply a unique buff that creates one hit of invincibility. He can also implant bomb in his opponent and make them explode at any time.

Onemic

With that dpad? Aint no one playing USF2 outside of it being docked.

Malice215

With 1704 entrants for Melee singles and 1012 entrants for Smash 4 singles at Genesis 4. I think it's safe to say we reached the ceiling for Smash only events.

If there's going to be growth for Smash games, it's coming from EVO, just like it was the past 3 years.

https://smash.gg/tournament/genesis-4/events

Genesis has SFV and Catherine there, so they're branching out. The Big House 6 had 1563 for Melee 777 for Smash 4, so they can continue to push past that ceiling.

How are you even supposed to play usf2 not docked anyway...

With a pro controller unless they make a joy-con with an actual d-pad like they showed in their FCC filing.

Wait I thought you just have it like in tablet mode with two wireless controllers that are blue and red.

You could but then you'd be using the analog controls on the joy-cons which isn't ideal.

The very definition of a tsundere.

Beef probably already got Marvel Infinite pre ordered and has his camping gear packed to wait in like Triforce style.

There's a lot of slander being thrown here, but I will not tolerate being compared to Triforce.
Professor Beef spent about 1000 hours of his life playing UMvC3 and then decided he didn't like it.

It was more of a slow realization than a switch being flipped. Same with Guilty Gear, but with a fraction of the hours.

peter0611

Hey, I have a question in regards to Rev on PC. Everytime Ky gets beat up and his hair comes down, it starts playing his theme. Is there a way to stop this? I only want to listen to the stage music or the music I selected. Minor pet peeve.

Dlent

Hey, I have a question in regards to Rev on PC. Everytime Ky gets beat up and his hair comes down, it starts playing his theme. Is there a way to stop this? I only want to listen to the stage music or the music I selected. Minor pet peeve.

Pretty sure the answer is no. Half the reason people use Dragon Install is just so that the game will scream at you.

CurlyW

With 1704 entrants for Melee singles and 1012 entrants for Smash 4 singles at Genesis 4. I think it's safe to say we reached the ceiling for Smash only events.

If there's going to be growth for Smash games, it's coming from EVO, just like it was the past 3 years.

Those numbers are smaller than last year for Genesis, though that's for a few different reasons (higher venue fee and worse weekend).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom