• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

As far as I can tell, that's the case. It was set to .9 and the other player was normal ratio. The matches were played and then when they found out, they stuck with the results.

It pretty much killed all of the passion one of the JP players had for the game in an instant, I think Komokiri was his name?

So what happened is that Komorikiri noticed the game was being played at 0.9x knockback, which affected both ZeRo vs Dabuz and Captain Zack vs Komorikiri.

But for some reason the TOs only replayed game 4 of the latter...and one of the TOs even lied about the former set being played at 1.0.

What's the hype over the PC version of Marvel? Even if it gets patched, which I doubt, it will get pushed to all versions that you already own. The only reason I see to get hype over it would be an improvement in the netcode but that is yet to be seen.

Moaradin

PC Marvel 3 will be DOA without crossplay. And I doubt the netcode is gonna be any good. Might be a slight improvement over the console version like SF4 was.

Dahbomb

What's the hype over the PC version of Marvel? Even if it gets patched, which I doubt, it will get pushed to all versions that you already own. The only reason I see to get hype over it would be an improvement in the netcode but that is yet to be seen.
No the main hype is that we can have Marvel 3 on PC without having to worry about keeping old consoles or trading in consoles. Plus better performance on PC, mods/customizations and other PC perks. It's a new frontier for a Marvel game to be honest.

Netcode is still going to be junk though with no crossplay and people are overhyping people modding a patch into the game. That's not the main appeal for having the game on PC.

CurlyW

So what happened is that Komorikiri noticed the game was being played at 0.9x knockback, which affected both ZeRo vs Dabuz and Captain Zack vs Komorikiri.

But for some reason the TOs only replayed game 4 of the latter...and one of the TOs even lied about the former set being played at 1.0.

You have proof they lied?

Seyavesh

green magnetic blast

CurlyW

The TOs said that the station had knockback set to 1.0 when they were done setting it up (before ZeRo & Dabuz sat down). So I dunno how you can prove they're lying about that.

DDR news:

Part of Daigo's speech from a few days ago on Beastv exploded on JPN twitter. It has 38k retweets right now.

Also, beastv in a few hours should be a pretty cool episode seeing as they're going to show old footage of Japan's fgc. I wonder what they'll show.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Mods & Community patching is why it's exciting.

JeTmAn81

I'm definitely hype to take a crack at Marvel 3 modding. It will be an excellent side project. Problem is, I have no idea where to begin. I think I'm a competent enough programmer to do it, but I need a starting point.

It shouldn't be too difficult to make changes involving variable tweaks to things like damage, timing, meter, etc. I did find an article by Durante detailing a few general methods for modding games.

Seyavesh

Also most importantly changing character themes.

good point
im gonna change wesker's theme to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L6woE-eKrk

or this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iw4bynBYL0#t=34s

I'm definitely hype to take a crack at Marvel 3 modding. It will be an excellent side project. Problem is, I have no idea where to begin. I think I'm a competent enough programmer to do it, but I need a starting point.

It shouldn't be too difficult to make changes involving variable tweaks to things like damage, timing, meter, etc. I did find an article by Durante detailing a few general methods for modding games.

it's a MT framework game. so you'll be wanting to use sectus's ARCtool for
unpacking and repacking the standard compressed file of the system, which is .arc.
not really sure which unpacking .bat is most compatible with umvc3 as i'm not sure which existing game's MT framework version is closest in timeframe/most similar to umvc3. i think it's the dragon's dogma one but it might be rerev1 or something.

there's a somewhat standard format between MT framework games in their models, textures and effects which is why i'm pretty confident i'll be able to fuck around w/ the colors of special moves since they're RGBA/CMYK based

based off what i looked at on the ps3/xbox version of unpacked files the chars have their move properties in one general .arc file that's labeled 'pl0xxparam' or something like that, and then their basic effects in 'pl0xxcine' or so. i don't think the move properties are in plaintext so it's up to a lot of experimentation or something to figure out what means what.

in regards to what's possible from my own guessing:

every palette has it's own .arc file, too. this is including alts. and since model swapping is really easy in mt framework (unpack, rename, replace, repack) i'm sure somebody will be getting king of spain magneto back alongside silly shit like straight model swaps between chars in the same vein as the sf4 mod stuff.

in addition, there's already pre-existing 3dsmax import/exporting tools for mt framework games and they're relatively straightforward (though a bit glitchy/messy for modern MT framework engine stuff) so i guess there's also that avenue if you want to pursue it.

i still have no idea if the music is just the old style renamed .ogg sngws or the new weirdly formatted sngws nobody really understands so that'll be something to test immediately as well

since you're actually a programmer and not just some random idiot like me you'll probably be able to do something actually good and clever. hopefully you figure out move properties so i can make akuma's fireball super shoot out a bunch of nemesis's super rockets instead

edit:
the biggest thing i'm curious about is seeing if every palette has their own effects loading up or if it's always just from the cine.arc. spidey has different colored webs based on different palettes and if it's loading up different effect files for different palettes and keeping them separate somehow then you'll get a really nice array of custom palettes for effects in the same vein as mvc2 palette hacks.

JeTmAn81

Thanks Seyavesh, those are some good tips. I figured there should be a bunch of stuff already figured out for MT Framework games.

How easy it is to make changes depends on how the game engine is structured. It's not impossible that Akuma's fireball projectile could be determined by a value stored in an easily modified file, though I'd guess that properties which aren't universal to all characters may be more likely contained in the game's function calls.

Good info dump on MT Framework modding above.

I'll be trying to have a go at modifying balance. Should be a fun project to figure out how the game loads and interprets movesets.

The first thing to do will be to use known data - damage numbers, health, etc - to try and flag up blocks of data that contain modifiable values.

I have a background in programming and working in hexadecimal so it should not be too bad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom