• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

It's always great when a company goes too far in teasing something only for it blew up in their face and leak just before the official announcement. Happens way too often with FGs.

pixelish

harada taking pot shots at sfv
C23JGjLXAAEPrcK.jpg

Tripon

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/..._sticks_and_a_variety_of_Xbox_controllers.php

Developers can also now specify recommended configurations for their games based on the type of controller detected by Steam.

Additionally, this update also means that the client supports customization of some third-party PlayStation 4 controllers, including select gamepads and fight sticks from HORI, MadCatz, and Armor.

Valve seems like the only company trying to put in some effort of actually making sure controllers work on their platforms.

Tripon

I'm actually okay with the late release date. Mostly because I'm looking at the stupid amount of money I'm spending on video games this year with long pre-orders I kept since 2013 (Thanks Kingdom Hearts III) or trying to buy the Nintendo Switch and all of its fucking accessories. Selfish reason for sure, I guess.

Hyun Sai

No shots taken at SFV. Harada talks about basic rushed launch problems that happened as well in some of their games. It's basically written in the quote.

But as usual, click bait journalism and FG players will use this to start another war / controversy.

Depressing.

Line_HTX

Harada did a press conference in Japan like an hour ago.

Damn... oh well, I was expecting late April but if it wasn't that, then June would be the absolute latest to prepare for EVO.

OK, how the fuck did what Harada say was a shot at Capcom? He even said Namco's own games suffered bad launches too.

King Kye

Banned
Unfortunately, I'm not sure I care about T7 as much as I once did. It's taken too long to get here. That may change when the promos start, but as for now, I have little to know hype for it.

Beckx

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I care about T7 as much as I once did. It's taken too long to get here. That may change when the promos start, but as for now, I have little to know hype for it.

meanwhile thanks to the gaming side thread my hype just went through the roof

looks like i'm maining King

oYzYR3o.gif

NEO0MJ

So, what are the odds of Armor King, Jinpachi, or Ogre coming back? Right now the only character I heavily played and available is Heihachi.

So, what are the odds of Armor King, Jinpachi, or Ogre coming back? Right now the only character I heavily played and available is Heihachi.

Armor King is much more likely than Jinpachi or Ogre, since the latter two are technically dead. They appeared in TTT2, but that's a dream match game.

Now, I say that, but we're getting vampire girl Eliza in Tekken 7, so...Ogre might be appearing after all.

Line_HTX

I'd rather wait for a ton of content and polishing than a disasterous launch, to be honest.

Besides, there's plenty of other things to do while waiting. 2017 seems to be the year of big titles all bunched up close together with no room to breathe.

MrDaravon

I wish it was earlier but June is still a good date on paper for them, I know my March and April are booked pretty solid with new releases.

NEO0MJ

People been shitting on SC5 for lacking content and characters since launch.

Don't follow SC so I didn't know about that.

Armor King is much more likely than Jinpachi or Ogre, since the latter two are technically dead. They appeared in TTT2, but that's a dream match game.

Now, I say that, but we're getting vampire girl Eliza in Tekken 7, so...Ogre might be appearing after all.

I need my snake armed fire breathing chimera :(

Tizoc

June is so fucking far away.
I might double dip on PS4+Steam. Going to visit some family in August and taking my alppy along to play T7 over there for hours of mindless fun and mashing.

With Tekken 7 coming in June, this'll give me time to double dip on PC and PS4, since after March, I won't really have any big gaming purchaes to make until June.

I hope Valve carry on improving automatic controller support. Moving over to PC for fighting games would be sweet, and better/automatic controller detection without driver install shenanigans would help a lot.

Malice215

Tekken 7 releasing in June probably has more to do with March and April being packed with releases and May having Injustice 2, and less to do with Capcom crapping out SFV last year. Plus Tekken has never had a problem delivering content, but I would assume that having a PC release in addition to console would add to their workload.

Someone tell what happened to Aris's stream? Says it's suspended.

He broke rule #1 or #2. #FreeArnis

notworksafe

My @Twitch channel is currently suspended for giving out an email address on stream. I'm not sure how long it will last. Will update ASAP.
You never know what will happen tomorrow. I'm very lucky that a Twitch channel suspension on RE7 launch day is my biggest problem. #umbasa
seems to be taking it in stride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom