• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice215

Hopefully the ATP legal department gets this sorted out quick. Those stoner donation messages got to Aris good trying to fight Ludwig.

There's nothing wrong with Eliza besides being a slutty narcoleptic vampire waifu. Nobody is preordering Tekken 7 for Jun or Kunimitsu, so it's a smart move.

What is wrong with Elisa?

She's almost on DOA levels of character pandering. Not that I mind, but it's the truth. From a gameplay perspective, she seemed to be a limited character in Tekken Rev, in terms of moveset. Three of her throws had the exact same animation and damage levels. Hopefully she has a more fleshed out moveset for T7.

More to the point, she not Lei/Anna/Zafina/Julia/whatever veteran Tekken character isn't in the game as of yet.

That Tea bagging thing is so bad. What were they thinking? Maybe the worst example of anti-competitive spirit regulation yet.

Good thing Humiliations are not in this version or people might start crying at tournaments.

Ain't both of them dead in the story?

According to Harada, Jun is "missing". He's most likely saying this as a way to throw off Jun fans from discovering the real truth as to why she hasn't been playable in a canonical Tekken game since Tekken 3: She's too old.

Kunimitsu's whereabouts are unknown.

CurlyW

I'm 90% sure KIWC had that teabagging ban in the rule set last year, and everybody mocked them for it back then. AFAIK it was never enforced.

Line_HTX

I do not understand the KI ban. I mean seriously, competitors talk trash and BM all the time, and makes you tougher too.

Good grief at some people...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If teabagging ban applied to FPS, like 80% of the gaming population would be ban. It's like a staple thing to do now.

mbpm1

KI toruney dudes mad at all those online tea-baggers post-match

they do do that a lot more in that game bc of post-match movement i suppose

.la1n

I'm 90% sure KIWC had that teabagging ban in the rule set last year, and everybody mocked them for it back then. AFAIK it was never enforced.

You are correct, it's always been in play and pretty clearly tongue in cheek. It just seems this year the tweet caught more traction for whatever reason and people are running wild with it.

I'm embarrassed for both sides of the argument because they are both looking all kinds of stupid right now. Even if it is enforced this go around (not sure how it's even feasible.)

Shouta

Is Soul Calibur 5 any good? I've got a few quid sitting in my PSN wallet and fancied something different.

It's decent enough if you're playing it casually. I kind of hated what they did with the gameplay in general. I liked Zwei because of his unique style though.

Edit: I don't recall it having a lot of SP content though but it's been ages.

Tripon

If you are going to ban something, the first thing you should ask is if it's enforceable. Then, if you enforce it, what is the consequence.

Actually, the first thing you ask if you want to ban something is if even an issue in the first place.

ShinMaruku

According to Harada, Jun is "missing". He's most likely saying this as a way to throw off Jun fans from discovering the real truth as to why she hasn't been playable in a canonical Tekken game since Tekken 3: She's too old.

Kunimitsu's whereabouts are unknown.

They both ded.

Is Soul Calibur 5 any good? I've got a few quid sitting in my PSN wallet and fancied something different.

It's honestly the most fun I've had with a Soul Calibur game since SC2. I dig a lot of the added mechanics(I like brave edge attacks, supers and new juggle system), but I also don't like how they made guard impacting require meter to execute.

I don't know how many people are playing it now, and my experience with the netcode wasn't too great, but if you can get it for super cheap, then I say it's a good time.

King Kye

Banned
SC5 is great.

Too bad it was capped in the knees by its publisher. A story all too familiar in FG development.

T7 trailer is dope. If they announce a substantial Pro update, I'd buy a Pro and T7 with it.

Not seeing Obama in the news is making me sad.

I think out loud a lot.

Daigo's talk is real

He mentioned earlier on beastv that he was surprised by the amount of females at the event. After the talk, they had a signing session and a lot of them told him they watched Beastv. That surprised him because he thought everyone in the chat and watching his streams were just dudes.

mbpm1

He mentioned earlier on beastv that he was surprised by the amount of females at the event. After the talk, they had a signing session and a lot of them told him they watched Beastv. That surprised him because he thought everyone in the chat and watching his streams were just dudes.

I hope they get in the tourneys

Has any fighting game included frame data and hurt/attack boxes openly in game as an option? Like in training? I know this data is available online if you look for it, but the more I see it the more it feels like a viable option to be considered as standard. Especially if the game is aiming for professional play.

Saying that, maybe it would give too much away to quickly.

Has any fighting game included frame data and hurt/attack boxes openly in game as an option? Like in training? I know this data is available online if you look for it, but the more I see it the more it feels like a viable option to be considered as standard. Especially if the game is aiming for professional play.

Saying that, maybe it would give too much away to quickly.

I think NRS games display frame data?

For hitboxes and hurtboxes I can think of HD Remix, Skullgirls and KI.

King Kye

Banned
I remember Viola/aPatroklos being really good but I don't remember anything about them being busted. I don't pay attention to the SC scene anymore so I'm probably wrong, but every time I see modern tourney footage, it's diverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom