• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice215

The KI ban on teabagging is silly because people are going to focus on the ban to poke fun at the community or mention it for website clicks when they have no interest the community, when the focus should be on the competition.

Unless they patched Viola and aPatrocles out of the game recently, then yes.

Admittedly, 4 was even worse.

Viola and Alpha Patroklos are strong, but what fighting game doesn't have strong characters? The community has handled them for years, and the balance in SCV is alot better than in SC4 where much of the cast couldn't compete at high level.

I remember Viola/aPatroklos being really good but I don't remember anything about them being busted. I don't pay attention to the SC scene anymore so I'm probably wrong, but every time I see modern tourney footage, it's diverse

The matches are diverse because of the balance of the game. Viola is stupid, but no one has won a tournament with her in years. Alpha Patroklos is strong, but the 2-3 people who actually had success with the character put years into him.

Plus SC is a game where basic strategies and fundamentals are very effective. People who don't follow the game are going to point to Viola and aPat when Mitsurugi and the greeks have had more success on average.

mbpm1

Can't people just go down down slightly slower to avoid the rule

or micro walk down micro walk down

and that's legitimate movement too

dumb

Chase17

Who else is excited for ARMS to be revealed for EVO tonight

Guessing changes will just be pokken out and injustice 2 in.
Edit: Whoops forgot about KOF

Sayad

USF2 and ARMS are "if someone pay for them to be there", EVO isn't going to push unreleased games with uncertain community interest without a push from the games publisher.

USF2 and ARMS are "if someone pay for them to be there", EVO isn't going to push unreleased games with uncertain community interest without a push from the games publisher.
Yeah that's the assumption. Remember, they confirmed the then as-yet unreleased Pokken as a main game last year.

Tripon

Pokken sold a million copies on the strength of the Pokemon brand.

ARMS and USFII don't have the brand awareness near that to reach casual players.

BadWolf

Pokken sold a million copies on the strength of the Pokemon brand.

ARMS and USFII don't have the brand awareness near that to reach casual players.

You never know, Splatoon (Nintendo's other recent new IP) caught on pretty fast and ARMS might too. It also has the potential to appeal to a wider audience than just the usual FG crowd.

Sayad

I thought Rev 2 wasn't going to be the released in time for EVO?

All we know is that it probably wont be spring for full console release, they can still do something like Xrd Rev where a preorder basically give you all the characters and changes months before the full release.

shaowebb

BATMAN'S STANCE IS DIFFERENT NOW.
7hrL3sX.gif

Based NRS you have heard our pleas.

The Injustice 2 stream was pretty interesting. We got some more info regarding the gear system and the special attacks you can equip. Each character has two slots for special moves in the gear system. Some equippable moves outright replace already existing moves, and some moves take up both slots. It's pretty much like if you could customize a variation in MKX, which is interesting.

The stream further confirmed a versus mode where gear effects won't be activated, but I think that these equippable special moves should at least be turned on. I imagine some characters needing a certain move in order to make matchups better.

shaowebb

Robin has some slick takes on the Takeda/Kenshi sword movesets. Birdarangs seem very similar to the tricks Takeda had for left rights by throwing it behind folks but it looks like you can teleport to the birdarang as well. Plus Robin has a nice divekick and AA tools. Definitely a new design on an old template they had fun with. Really looking forward to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom