• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarna

I think this the first time SFV has had combined viewers over 10k without there being a tournament.

Capcom apologists were wrong about one player content.

I don't know if you're being serious but a small viewer spike for like ~4 hours due to single-player content just dropping and never again doesn't exactly prove anything. lol Single player trash is irrelevant.

Sayad

I think this the first time SFV has had combined viewers over 10k without there being a tournament.

Capcom apologists were wrong about one player content.
Not sure who argued that single player content doesn't matter at all, but if the boost SFV would have got from getting story mode is less than a single Max or Daigo stream in twitch viewers, then they were probably right. ;p

Line_HTX

Not sure who argued that single player content doesn't matter at all, but if the boost SFV would have got from getting story mode is less than a single Max or Daigo stream in twitch viewers, then they were probably right. ;p

I mean... Max was pushing 20K by the time he finished.

I'm just blown away how many people were into this.

I don't know if you're being serious but a small viewer spike for like ~4 hours due to single-player content just dropping and never again doesn't exactly prove anything. lol Single player trash is irrelevant.

I wouldn't say that. Single player content sells copies. Having no sp content at launch got this game bashed and caused it's financial failure. For a SF mainline to only ship 1.4 million is nothing to be proud of. If this version of the game was launch version along with arcade mode you best believe this game would have rivalled MKX in sales.

Sayad

I wouldn't say that. Single player content sells copies. Having no sp content at launch got this game bashed and caused it's financial failure. For a SF mainline to only ship 1.4 million is nothing to be proud of. If this version of the game was launch version along with arcade mode you best believe this game would have rivalled MKX in sales.
No way, but it would have done much better for sure, maybe even meet Capcom forecast.

Line_HTX

Like it or not, in the end the story mode and single player content is what sells the most. I mean... what percentage of those that bought it would actually take the time to git guud or go further and go to events?

Like it or not, in the end the story mode and single player content is what sells the most. I mean... what percentage of those that bought it would actually take the time to git guud or go further and go to events?
Very small amount but for some reason it's a really hard concept to grasp for hardcore players.

Dahbomb

Those UMVC3 numbers are actually pretty good. 770 versus last year's 816.

I expected around 650 (based on the rate it was declining in the last few years).

The Nintendo and SFV games are just absurd though. Good on GGXrd for holding just under 1K as well. MKX had the biggest fall.

Percentage wise KI actually had a pretty big bump.

If SFV didn't come out I'm not sure USF4 would have maintained the #1 spot over Smash 4. I think it still would increase over last year, but not by that much. Smash 4 had a huge increase compared to last year. I'm really happy about SFV's attendance this year and I really hope it can keep growing as crazy as that might sound.

With over 5k entries this means that SFV has a pay out of over 100k. That has a nice ring to it.

Someone please datamine Q

Aw, come on! Give us the banana hammock! Karin gets swimwear but not Urien?!

edit: we in there!!!
Kp3f6D9.png

CRUSH CRUSH!

Percentage wise KI actually had a pretty big bump.

I'm sure having KI on PC helped

Sayad

So apparently, Capcom never fixed the server issues, they just went away when people dropped the game! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sayad

Urien is pretty faithful to his SF3 self, that range! So good, the wait is going to be painful. Juri feels less finished, her special moves special effects looks kinda awful.

Did you post this without seeing the above post?

I mean... Max was pushing 20K by the time he finished.

I'm just blown away how many people were into this.

You have the right idea.

Wonder how much of the yoy drop for Xrd is due to there not being a second anime game this year.
Im sure it didnt help. Im not bothering with evo since I won't go without at least 2 main tourney games I want to play. Doesnt need to be an anime game, but its not like dead or alive is getting into the main lineup.

NEO0MJ

So apparently, Capcom never fixed the server issues, they just went away when people dropped the game! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why am I not surprised. I'll never get the DLC characters without the season pass this way, and to be frank I don't play it enough to consider that a worthy purchase.

Moaradin

The matchmaking in SFV is actually working extremely well right now. I just played around 10 matches, and every one was against a Platinum player. Even played a few matches with Chris G and PR Balrog lol.

It sure is having a hard ass time retrieving data though. It doesn't tell me how much LP I win or lose but it is updating even if it doesn't display it at least.

Sayad

Why am I not surprised. I'll never get the DLC characters without the season pass this way, and to be frank I don't play it enough to consider that a worthy purchase.

The matchmaking in SFV is actually working extremely well right now. I just played around 10 matches, and every one was against a Platinum player. Even played a few matches with Chris G and PR Balrog lol.

It sure is having a hard ass time retrieving data though. It doesn't tell me how much LP I win or lose but it is updating even if it doesn't display it at least.
Oh, haven't tried playing online yet, was just talking about random disconnects and your money not showing up right.

Swarna

Very small amount but for some reason it's a really hard concept to grasp for hardcore players.

All dat single player content selling Overwatch like hotcakes.

Couldn't possibly be because it has robust online systems and cosmetic progression based around the characters. Who needs that garbage.

All dat single player content selling Overwatch like hotcakes.

Couldn't possibly be because it has robust online systems and cosmetic progression based around the characters. Who needs that garbage.
overwatch is a different genre...one where skipping singleplayer is far more generally accepted, and it is a team based game, which is also far more accepted by the masses for delving into multiplayer.

Dissapointed in those Tekken #s. We've had 3 200+ man T7 tournaments already. I thought we'd be closer to 750. Has me worried that the game will never see Sunday ever again.

Swarna

overwatch is a different genre...one where skipping singleplayer is far more generally accepted, and it is a team based game, which is also far more accepted by the masses for delving into multiplayer.

Single player content can sell more copies. Still a blip compared to what multi player focused improvement/content can do because, you know, this is a multiplayer game and additionally it grows/retains your microtransactions-paying playerbase.

1v1 makes no difference as much as some people keep saying. Put scrubs vs other scrubs and they'll have fun. Starcraft 2 in the past had a larger online player base than all fighting games combined in the past and today.

Fighting games are still years behind for standard amenities/feature-set when it comes to competitive games. Everything I take for granted when I play any other competitive game is completely absent or half-assed.

But please, continue to focus on trivial single player modes no one's gonna give a shit about after 3 hours.

Line_HTX

I forgot to say this a while back, I like how they redesigned Decapre's mask. Hope she becomes playable in the future and be like her Ultra version, haha

Single player content can sell more copies. Still a blip compared to what multi player focused improvement/content can do because, you know, this is a multiplayer game and additionally it grows/retains your microtransactions-paying playerbase.

1v1 makes no difference as much as some people keep saying. Put scrubs vs other scrubs and they'll have fun. Starcraft 2 in the past had a larger online player base than all fighting games combined in the past and today.

Fighting games are still years behind for standard amenities/feature-set when it comes to competitive games. Everything I take for granted when I play any other competitive game is completely absent or half-assed.

But please, continue to focus on trivial single player modes no one's gonna give a shit about after 3 hours.
starcraft 2 had a larger player base because it had 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom