• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarna

starcraft 2 had a larger player base because it had 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.

Gimmick modes that probably less than 5 to 10 percent of the player base actually used regularly? Those modes were pretty much dead soon after launch.

Either way, you could still count that as a basic mutliplayer feature not present in SFV. KOF-style team matches with actual additional players wouldn't be hard to implement. Hell, there are plenty of extra modes that could just be added in. None of this has to be balanced, it's just extra shit that adds to the game.

Player base wouldn't be split if you keep 1v1 as the main matchmaking item and possibly do something like a weekly special mode that's different every time like Overwatch does.

If you say Capcom doesn't have the budget to do shit like this I will say of course they fucking don't. They just spent all that money on this single player garbage.

Also, all them characters and no cosmetic progression. This story mode is literally the first time we've seen relationships and personalities for a bunch of characters in this franchise, too.

CurlyW

Comparing % changes in EVO entrant numbers from 2015 to 2016

CmSdOyrWYAEyJO9.jpg

Gimmick modes that probably less than 5 to 10 percent of the player base actually used regularly? Those modes were pretty much dead soon after launch.

Either way, you could still count that as a basic mutliplayer feature not present in SFV. KOF-style team matches with actual additional players wouldn't be hard to implement. Hell, there are plenty of extra modes that could just be added in. None of this has to be balanced, it's just extra shit that adds to the game.

Player base wouldn't be split if you keep 1v1 as the main matchmaking item and possibly do something like a weekly special mode that's different every time like Overwatch does.

If you say Capcom doesn't have the budget to do shit like this I will say of course they fucking don't. They just spent all that money on this single player garbage.

Also, all them characters and no cosmetic progression. This story mode is literally the first time we've seen relationships and personalities for a bunch of characters in this franchise, too.
do you play starcraft? Multiplayer modes are incredibly populous. I have 2k+ games played, all but maybe 7 are in teams

Multiplayer features can help a fighting game, but they are not going to shift copies anywhere near what singleplayer will

Swarna

do you play starcraft? Multiplayer modes are incredibly populous. I have 2k+ games played, all but maybe 7 are in teams

Multiplayer features can help a fighting game, but they are not going to shift copies anywhere near what singleplayer will

Dead in comparison to the mammoth 1v1 playerbase.

No one takes teams srsly.

And I disagree.

Tripon

Is this a premier event?

And it's only few days since Daigo picked up Dark Souls and he's already slacking off! ;__;

Yes, it's a premier event. starts this Monday/Tuesday depending where in the world you're at. 3 days of pools, then finals on Thursday/Friday.

Dead in comparison to the mammoth 1v1 playerbase.

No one takes teams srsly.

And I disagree.
mammoth? You mean the remaining. And yes teams arent taken seriously competitively, but it was always played more

You can disagree, but evidence point to singleplayer content being what sells fighting games

CurlyW

I can't believe EVO is going to be broadcast live on the channel famous for the hot dog eating contest and competitive Scrabble.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how many people actually stumble into it and enjoy it because it happens to be on ESPN2. But we'll probably never know.

CurlyW

I believe the Hot Dog Eating Contest is on ESPN proper.

And Competitive Spelling is where its at.

You're right, it's the lesser eating contests that are on ESPN2 (chicken wings, pierogi, poutine, etc.)

The Spelling Bee is on ABC now, though they totally ruined the rules in order to make it fit for primetime.

pixelish

since evo will be broadcasted on TV for once, they have to ensure all top 8 must be ran on time right? i hope melee doesn't trickle into sfv's time slot.

CurlyW

since evo will be broadcasted on TV for once, they have to ensure all top 8 must be ran on time right? i hope melee doesn't trickle into sfv's time slot.

They'll just do the same thing as if a baseball game is delayed due to rain or whatever (i.e., start airing the OJ Simpson Bronco chase episode of 30 For 30).

Busaiku

Have other Guilty Gear tournaments been able to hold onto their numbers?
Did the ArcSys community finally break the cycle.

mbpm1

I'd more concerned about them going on long winded rants about what a fireball is & does instead of actually giving insightful commentary.

So what [Player A} just did was *explanation which is so confusing even people who understood what happened no longer know what happened* and this is why *expositional speech on why {Player A] was so good. Meanwhile the match is already over*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom