• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So what [Player A} just did was *explanation which is so confusing even people who understood what happened no longer know what happened* and this is why *expositional speech on why {Player A] was so good. Meanwhile the match is already over*
So you're thinking James Chen will commentate then?

Kumubou

Praise be.
Fuck them always choosing that stage they killed it with 8 years of that shit.
It's not the players fault that Capcom didn't optimize the other stages so that consoles actually run the game at a consistent 60fps (and it's been an issue for multiple games now).

ShinMaruku

It's not the players fault that Capcom didn't optimize the other stages so that consoles actually run the game at a consistent 60fps (and it's been an issue for multiple games now).

That game was coded like shit. And as stated before that stage had fuckery too.

Kumubou

The Gird has that same issue!
:capcpom:

It seriously is a blight though, as I can't think of another FG series that runs into these issues (offline, anyway) and hurts the overall presentation of the game, which is going to matter more now as eeeeeeeeee-sports becomes more and more of a thing. It's just indicative of the lack of polish in the product.

ShinMaruku

It seriously is a blight though, as I can't think of another FG series that runs into these issues (offline, anyway) and hurts the overall presentation of the game, which is going to matter more now as eeeeeeeeee-sports becomes more and more of a thing. It's just indicative of the lack of polish in the product.

To be fair other esports tend to also have things like that because in LoL I know in the beginning people only did one map.

That said e-sports has the presentation is deserves as a loss leader.

CO_Andy

Just leave a four hour block just for Melee. If it actually ends in three, idk, we can watch Aris play Dark Souls on stage till ESPN2 starts their broadcast
Daigo v Aris PvP in Dank Souls

Possibly playing top 8 concurrently?

I think they will play some matches off stream and just record it if they absolutely have to.

They will have smash on a smaller stage

Their is only one stage with one set up. I don't think they're going to try and make room for another set up with the Melee guys practically a few feet away. It would also be awkward to hear the huge Melee roars in the background. The commentators would have to tell the audience that another game is finishing up just a few feet away and their fans are going nuts. It would hurt a SFV focused broadcast to have another game being a distraction.

I'm just going to put my faith in the EVO staff. This is a historic event for the FGC so I think they will pull through and get SFV started on time.

Line_HTX

dang, there's a lot of folks angry about EVO being 2/3 for Melee on twitter. Hasn't this been known for months already?

What is going on here? Who is saying all these things in the past two or three days?

I'm beginning to wonder if this is stemming from the Melee crowd at CEO getting riled up because every game got delayed.

I hope they enforce the rules about time limits between matches. Maybe have a 2nd setup so the next match can be prepped and ready to go. Also depending on how many commercials they run.

Tripon

dang, there's a lot of folks angry about EVO being 2/3 for Melee on twitter. Hasn't this been known for months already?

What is going on here? Who is saying all these things in the past two or three days?

I'm beginning to wonder if this is stemming from the Melee crowd at CEO getting riled up because every game got delayed.

https://twitter.com/toph_bbq/status/748941245293047808

Here's one of the bigger Twitter conversations about it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So where are the daily quests?
They recently acknowledged they're still coming, probably in the next update.

Probably trying to squeeze out as many season pass buys beforehand with a side of poor decision making in terms of knowing what's best to retain players.

Line_HTX

LOL... what the fuck... Just treat 2/3 games like a super high roller money match like Leffen or whoever said.

Why does 3/5 a big deal anyway? Like I want Tekken and Xrd Revelator to be all 3/5 but that's obviously logistically impossible, plus, I'm sure many players would rather just play their matches and get it over with instead of dragging it out since that would be very exhausting before reaching Grand Finals.

The Light

LOL... what the fuck... Just treat 2/3 games like a super high roller money match like Leffen or whoever said.

Why does 3/5 a big deal anyway? Like I want Tekken and Xrd Revelator to be all 3/5 but that's obviously logistically impossible, plus, I'm sure many players would rather just play their matches and get it over with instead of dragging it out since that would be very exhausting before reaching Grand Finals.

Well for consistency sake. Some players dropped out of mkx at evo because of 2/3

peter0611

Most of the notable people in that twitter conversation (Toph, Hugs) understand why the format is 2/3 and don't really have a problem with it.

Sayad

Wasn't there a version of BB that had some slowdowns even on the arcade version? Xrd SIGN had them on PS3 too and that was what got played at EVO last year. Nothing I can think of come close to MVC3 on PS3 though.

Dat scaling though!

notworksafe

If Melee players don't like 2/3 they should hit the bricks. FGC events would be better without them and they can easily host their own events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom