• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Marvel in 2nd place right now. Apparently they aint broke as all that with their bank accounts. Close margin too. Within a hundred or so of KI which is in the lead at just over $1400.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh wow forgot about the rerelease this year. The impossible happens and there's a new marvel, 3 gets put on ps4 so tournaments have an easier time.

And then they don't include it LOL

Seyavesh

I'm so pissed off about Marvel. Like it was that hard to include it one last time before Infinite? Instead we get garbage like Blazablue, KoF and Tekken? Princess Leia is dead too.
2x smash sunday and blazblue is there instead of gg
we are definitely in the alternate reality

get me outta this wack ass non-canon branch

Marvel trying to catch up to KI with 1,320
really wonder who is donating for marvel 'cuz that's probably the biggest shocker so far. i was definitely expecting it to be 4th or 5th by the end and dead as hell at the start

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
2x smash sunday and blazblue is there instead of gg
we are definitely in the alternate reality

get me outta this wack ass non-canon branch

really wonder who is donating for marvel 'cuz that's probably the biggest shocker so far. i was definitely expecting it to be 4th or 5th by the end and dead as hell at the start

It's not tho

shaowebb

Pokken now leading Marvel with less donors too. Got some whales in this thing. KI still in the lead and showing a strong opening day. 42 donors to Marvel's 27 and sitting at over $500 in the lead. Catchable. Especially with the whales swimming around this thing right now. Gonna be a weird weak.

Perro

SG fans still salty at EVO I see.
It's either ARMS, Marvel or KI.

All those games could get more entraces than KOF.
Except Skrulgris.

Hazzuh

Depending on what gets in as the extra game the sunday lineup could be dope. Gonna be whack if people actually vote in a meme game instead of something with a real community tho. I'd prefer Marvel but KI and SG both got scenes who love their games and it'd be amazing for them.

Shouta

So many games, so hard to choose. =(

SFV, Tekken 7, and Blazblue or Guilty Gear, I think...but getting bopped in KOXIV sounds nice too. If Pokken can get in, I'd play that.

MrDaravon

What's great about having no clear favorite in the voting list is getting to enjoy all of the drama and bidding without having to stress out about it. Windjammers would be my personal pick just for lols but I think realistically it'll come down between ST, KI, Marvel and Skullgirls;

-ST probably has a decent amount of oldschool family men that would drop bank on it.
-KI has a (relatively) small scene but it has a lot of money in it. On the other hand a lot of that money is partially bankrolled by MS which isn't an option here.
-Marvel has a....passionate fanbase and the game still did fairly well last year player-wise, but I don't know that the fanbase will/can drop big bucks for it.
-Skullgirls also has a small scene but they might be able to muster up some cash for revenge for losing to Smash last time.

It's going to be a great couple of weeks.

I'm also not thrilled about the Sunday picks, but that just gives me more of my Sunday back for other stuff. If I was going in person I'd probably be way more bummed out I suppose.

Tripon

SFV, Tekken 7, and Blazblue or Guilty Gear, I think...but getting bopped in KOXIV sounds nice too. If Pokken can get in, I'd play that.

My friend really wants to go this year and do the Sunday experience, so that pretty much locks me in as well.

SFV, Tekken 7 and KOFXIV for me as well.

shaowebb

Surprisingly it is pounding out a ton of cash. Staying in 2nd and trying to climb since it went up. Its apparently got a scene.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I know where my money must go guys

j32udn8.jpg

Line_HTX

I'm so pissed off about Marvel. Like it was that hard to include it one last time before Infinite? Instead we get garbage like Blazblue, KoF and Tekken? Princess Leia is dead too.

Stay classy and ignorant and pay your fair share.

Try calling Tekken garbage again.

Dahbomb

Jetman if you have time to complain then you got time to donate!

Marvel actually in the lead now surprisingly. Looks like the folks have Disney have opened their checkbooks!

shaowebb

Marvel in the lead now. Whales are showing up apparently. Less voters than KI for sure still.
Stay classy and ignorant and pay your fair share.

Try calling Tekken garbage again.

Tekken 7 comes out June 2nd on console. Gonna be cutting it close for players to practice. Between that and Injustice 2 it'll be pretty crazy in the brackets this year.

Dahbomb

I really don't think you should donate unless you're going to EVO.
Why not? I wanna see the dedicated players take another shot at the title. So many good Uncrowned kings left in the game. And we still have not had a repeat winner for EVO.

Plus continue the legacy of a Marvel game at every EVO since its inception.

Riposte

What's great about having no clear favorite in the voting list is getting to enjoy all of the drama and bidding without having to stress out about it.

I just see myself feeling bad for those who get really invested and lose, going to try to block out the drama involved. I felt the same way last time, but it's kind of a cruel, manipulative way to get donations out of the various small scenes. I don't think you can even point to it and say "Wow the FGC is go generous!", because it's all a contest and, for the most passionate, they are primarily trying to get something they want; it spoils the altruism involved. I remember it getting pretty ugly at times too.

Tripon

Why not? I wanna see the dedicated players take another shot at the title. So many good Uncrowned kings left in the game. And we still have not had a repeat winner for EVO.

Plus continue the legacy of a Marvel game at every EVO since its inception.

I don't know, I just don't see the point of paying $1000 and then not enjoy the experience in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom