• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

I brought up the hitbox viewer several times along with many others. No statement was ever made on it. Its not included and they wont speak about it at Capcom so I'd say that its not gonna happen apparently. After all, its highly unlikely anything else will happen for UMVC3 outside of releases to other consoles and PC beyond this point. Might be buried in the code like other stuff but it was likely only on Vita versions so I wouldn't be surprised if it couldn't be hacked back in.

Honestly my suggestion is to take the unpackers, the neogaf patch notes, and get to work on things yourselves if you want anything cool out of UMVC3. Otherwise it'll fade off entirely once MVCI hits. Likely even if you did this.

EDIT:

https://www.twitch.tv/pndketchup

Injustice 2 beta stream with Ketchup! Great stuff.

shaowebb

Jesus Christ Atrocitus is so sick.
  • Your strategy is to abuse neutral and fullscreen. He has ridiculous range on his normals like 111 and I think F223 from what I'm seeing on stream. Basically punch walk and lava sword crush neutral if you are playing them smart and not raw dogging and asking to be punished. Once Full screen he is a massive pressure machine with blood nado lows that confirm full screen to combo.
  • Once Dex Starr comes out he changes. Sorta like how Kilgore in KI becomes rushdown instead of a longer range dude once his gimmick kicks in, Atrocitus becomes a sick pressure character once Dex star is out and can smother folks with blockstrings. On hit he easily gets over 40% from a hit because things like bloodnado into energy shot over and over just work.
  • Dex star gives you some weird and fun mixups. You can literally turn on the shield then MB roll past it to go behind them and pin them between you and the shield. Plus the cat looked like it could be Meter Burned as a sorta assist or something. Damned cat comes out like a rocket to just punish folks.
  • Atrocitus looks to be a character who is not reliant on B3 wall bounces for combos. This is big because folks who need that for damage in this game will see folks air tech a lot to kind of break combo damage on the cheap. Atrocitus can convert full screen with Blood nado and generally from anywhere juggle with all the time in the world from it as well. Plus Dex star lends him Batman-like extensions to anything he starts. Once he starts he doesn't have to stop. In fact, since he doesn't have to B3 and isn't 100% zoner he can largely just use those tools to try and force folks to deplete resources for fun.

My biggest take away so far to what will affect the meta is that if you can find a character who does not need B3 for damage you are already a step ahead. Course I could easily see being a mixup heavy B3 reliant character working out because you would odds on drain folks of resources as they tech B3 combos over and over lol. This meta is shaping up fun.

EDIT:
PS BLAZ BLUE CF at EVO 2017 MOTHER FUCKERS WOOOOOO!

Good shit, BBCF. I need to grind the game again since there are so many games during this time, I basically didn't play since the holidays.

shaowebb

RgpSkVn.jpg
gN0J1r4.png

Winner of the donation drive is the 9th game at EVO. Only 2 weeks to donate and its live. Good luck fans.

Winner opens on Sunday at the Arena and gets a guaranteed $10000 cash pot bonus added to whatever they get off of registrations.

shaowebb

Man MKXL got a sick patch since EVO and KI just got an update as well. Hard to pick between those two. Especially since Skullgirls is like a people's champ thing for me that I was rooting for back when it went up vs Melee last time.

Seyavesh

my gut feeling is that it's gonna come down to skullgirls massive nonplayer fan community and KI's moneyhat world + dedicated player community

curious where MKX is gonna fit in though. it's kind of in a weird spot?

shaowebb

I see this vote as honestly between Skullgirls and Marvel fans. They have the biggest history of crazed fans. Marvel fans are known for their obsession and Skullgirls was an enormous world wide phenomenon with a history with this very vote with cash situation at EVO. Both will showup in force IMO. Biggest wildcard is MK IMO. Those guys either move on or show up in insane force. Its hard to tell what they'll do in this sorta situation considering the patch and last years EVO finish.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
People are going to bitch about the smash game on finals day anyways so don't think it'll only be the melee people bitching on sunday lol

I see this vote as honestly between Skullgirls and Marvel fans. They have the biggest history of crazed fans. Marvel fans are known for their obsession and Skullgirls was an enormous world wide phenomenon with a history with this very vote with cash situation at EVO. Both will showup in force IMO.

I'd rather it be between ARMS and Windjammers and both tie and both get in.

I see this vote as honestly between Skullgirls and Marvel fans. They have the biggest history of crazed fans. Marvel fans are known for their obsession and Skullgirls was an enormous world wide phenomenon with a history with this very vote with cash situation at EVO. Both will showup in force IMO.

Marvel fans are broke though

Dahbomb

Yeah Marvel fans aren't known for putting down big money and more importantly they might have their votes split with other Capcom fans with SF2.

I will throw down big money though. I want the legacy to continue for a Marvel game at every EVO.

shaowebb

Trump is president
Two Smash games and no Marvel at EVO

What is this world

Also Marvel is getting a sequel buts it 2v2 and no assists. Can't forget that lol.
Still no clue what to make of MVCI and whether it'll be cool or not. Need to know bout them gems.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah Marvel fans aren't known for putting down big money and more importantly they might have their votes split with other Capcom fans with SF2.

I will throw down big money though. I want the legacy to continue for a Marvel game at every EVO.

I mean marvel and big money matches kinda go together. Whether they'll put money down to have an evo tournament, who knows

Dahbomb

Mr Wiz specifically said that there will be no corporate checks.

Otherwise Disney/Marvel could've dropped the big money hats on the donation drive.

shaowebb

Mr Wiz specifically said that there will be no corporate checks.

Otherwise Disney/Marvel could've dropped the big money hats on the donation drive.

Yeah, 10k limit and no corporate dudes allowed at all felt specifically aimed at WB and Disney. Otherwise it'd be a runaway between two companies and not the people's will. We already saw one vote that ignored the will of the people with Bernie so they had to step up their game and kill that possibility lol.

Chris G winning Marvel 3 is the best way to end its legacy. Do not taint it by letting the game go another year.

#VoteARMS
#ByeMarvel
#SkullgirlsWho
It'll be KBR with Team Armor.

JeTmAn81

I'm so pissed off about Marvel. Like it was that hard to include it one last time before Infinite? Instead we get garbage like Blazablue, KoF and Tekken? Princess Leia is dead too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom