• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlent

Everyone complaining about Blazblue on Sunday reminds me of 2014 before the event actually occurred. I'm not optimistic about getting lightning to strike twice, but you never know.

Everyone complaining about Blazblue on Sunday reminds me of 2014 before the event actually occurred. I'm not optimistic about getting lightning to strike twice, but you never know.

I don't think it would be a bad show even if it doesn't reach its previous high, just due to the nature of the game, unless someone absolutely gets blown out. The game is pretty insane in its offense and matches can swing extremely fast.

Kalamari

I think Marvel will win. Yipes will rally his stream warriors and Marvel players. Fchamp will rally all seven of his fans. ChrisG will do nothing. Apologyman will promise to run naked somewhere if Marvel wins. Justin will do another raffle. Viscant will post on twitter or something.

I believe Marvel has the best chance of winning, the fans just need motivation.

Kumubou

I would be up for Windjammers except it would be the PS4 version, which is pretty much guaranteed to be ass as DotEmu is handling the port.

Dahbomb

Beef hating on Marvel's chances? Where's that avatar Dahbomb made...
XZq4nvL.png

Again I didn't make it, Son of Sparda did.

I'd rather see new blood in ARMS + allow Chris G to be Marvel's final champion than see KI or Marvel come back.
ChrisG would have the opportunity to do what no Marvel 3 player has ever done... win EVO twice. It would secure him as the undisputed GOAT Marvel 3 player. But if one of KBR, FChamp, Flocker or Justin can win again then they can lay claim to that title.

Beats

said this in the player's choice thread but I don't really see the Skullgirls community donating a bunch again to try and get into EVO when Combo Breaker is their big tournament now.

Not really sure what will take it since there's still a lot of time left plus the last few days might be very different compared to the rankings now.

ChrisG would have the opportunity to do what no Marvel 3 player has ever done... win EVO twice. It would secure him as the undisputed GOAT Marvel 3 player. But if one of KBR, FChamp, Flocker or Justin can win again then they can lay claim to that title.

I think it would still be in dispute if KBR won again. His streak was pretty short and nobody really plays Marvel anymore among the gods. I think no matter what happens Chris G is just the best. He had the longest stretch of dominance as well as the EVO title feather in his hat.

I think the only storyline that would lead to someone other than Chris G being the best would be if somehow Viscant came back and won the last MVC3 tournament.

You don't have to be too sad, it's still leading by a decent margin right now. Just have to have faith (and cash in the bank) and it might see a Sunday Grand Final... ONE LAST TIME!

Yup i'll donate later today. We need a last EVO. Can Chris G win again ? Will RayRay choke again ? And all the "new" generation, DualKevin, etc...

One more year, please v_v.

I ain't never gone to EVO before, what do you guys recommend for hotel stuff

I usually try to stay at or close to the venue. That way I can easily head back to my room to shower or use the bathroom, since the public bathrooms are pretty damn crowded. It is on the strip so it would be easy to tour around and get a bite to eat. Last year at the Westgate it took a long walk or using the tram to get back and get something to eat, unless you like the overpriced stand food and ice cream. I'm gonna try to book 4 nights at mandalay. Still deciding if I want general seating or floor seats like last year since it was nice that I can walk out and eat and still have my seat. Though most gaffers were in general seats last year, so I might go for that.

It's pretty hilarious how people are coming down on Max for supporting KI. I honestly think it's a waste off salt. KI has been Max's game for awhile, so it's not surprising that he'd vote for that over Marvel. I obviously want Marvel to win, but I can understand if KI takes the last spot. I mean, it's not like Max isn't going to be giving Infinite the majority of his attention once it's out, anyway.

Sayad

It's pretty hilarious how people are coming down on Max for supporting KI. I honestly think it's a waste off salt. KI has been Max's game for awhile, so it's not surprising that he'd vote for that over Marvel. I obviously want Marvel to win, but I can understand if KI takes the last spot. I mean, it's not like Max isn't going to be giving Infinite the majority of his attention once it's out, anyway.
Imagine Max running a KI donation stream! I'd tune in for the stream chat salt.

EVO stream made me so happy last night. Basically got all my wishes!

Tekken on sunday.
Blazblue is in. Also on sunday.
Kof14 is in.
As a bonus on top Xrd R2 is in, even though it won't be out yet. Seeing Baiken will be cool.

Also lovely Eliza trailer. I'm really excited.

Sayad

SFV, Tekken 7, KoFXIV, GGxrd Rev 2 and maybe Injustice 2 and BB on my watch list. Hope UMvC3 makes it in, Sunday 8am is the best time slot for me and MvC is the only game there I understand enough to enjoy watching.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This evo list has got me happy as hell :D

I'm so pissed off about Marvel. Like it was that hard to include it one last time before Infinite? Instead we get garbage like Blazablue, KoF and Tekken? Princess Leia is dead too.

LOL Anyone that watched that EVO BBCP GrandFinal knows damn well that hasn't been the case with the series in even a remotely debatable way for a long while now.

King Kye

Banned
I guess I'm happy for BB enthusiasts regarding Sunday, but having it over GG still makes no sense to me. Not only would it have been a good ad for the game in the states, I just feel the game has a certain legacy status over BB and just demos better to a casual crowd.

The art is more palatable to non-anime fans and the game itself is (relatively) easier to follow.

Ugh. So that's what being an FGC minority feels like.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I guess I'm happy for BB enthusiasts regarding Sunday, but having it over GG still makes no sense to me. Not only would it have been a good ad for the game in the states, I just feel the game has a certain legacy status over BB and just demos better to a casual crowd.

The art is more palatable to non-anime fans and the game itself is (relatively) easier to follow.

Ugh. So that's what being an FGC minority feels like.

BBCP literally had one of the best EVO Grand Finals of all time said by even people that never followed the game before.

and I can't speak for REV2 but BBCF is def a better game overall vs Rev1 atm

King Kye

Banned
YRC is one of my most hated FG mechanics of all time, but I don't see that as enough to dismiss the neutral game entirely, especially considering that YRC is typically used when someone has quantifiable momentum (i.e. Hard Knockdown/Frame Advantage during offensive pressure.).

I will agree, that Xrd's neutral is shitty but not for that reason alone.

Spuck-uk

Banned
BBCP literally had one of the best EVO Grand Finals of all time said by even people that never followed the game before.

and I can't speak for REV2 but BBCF is def a better game overall vs Rev1 atm

I couldn't disagree more. Xrd is in a way better place balance wise, looks better, and is way easier to follow for a casual player.

Not that those grand finals weren't the hypest shit ever :D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
YRC is one of my most hated FG mechanics of all time, but I don't see that as enough to dismiss the neutral game entirely, especially considering that YRC is typically used when someone has quantifiable momentum (i.e. Hard Knockdown/Frame Advantage during offensive pressure.).

I will agree, that Xrd's neutral is shitty but not for that reason alone.

Technically you can't yrc in those moments ;)

but I'm ok with yrc like this as it's similar to frc.

I hate the pauses
I couldn't disagree more. Xrd is in a way better place balance wise, looks better, and is way easier to follow for a casual player.

Not that those grand finals weren't the hypest shit ever :D
I'll gladly disagree :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom