• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
qz7BgPD.gif

Oh god the horror. Plus with the amount of motion head flick he'd need on the switch would require him to become a master motorboater like these folks.
NCBwMsN.gif
I know people are just messing around, but folks do realise there's an option to play ARMS without using motion controls, don't they? :p

Kalamari

I'm no germaphobe, but I would bring rubber gloves if I were playing Arms. Maybe a surgical mask as well, just for good measure. There's no telling what sort of sweaty hands touched those controllers.

BadWolf

It's funny watching MVC players getting all heated up because their game won't be at EVO for one damn year.

Personally, I sure as heck wouldn't be sweating if my fave series missed a year and was getting a new entry in the series that is guaranteed to be part of the main finals day line up for years to come.

Dahbomb

It's funny watching MVC players getting all heated up because their game won't be at EVO for one damn year.

Personally, I sure as heck wouldn't be sweating if my fave series missed a year and was getting a new entry in the series that is guaranteed to be part of the main finals day line up for years to come.
Imagine if we have an EVO without SF.

That would be the day.

shaowebb

Probably more worried about the new marvel not being enough like the old marvel to be considered part of the same vibe. Game looks fun but that no assist thing had better be replaced with some mad gem stuff to bring back team build+setup strats or it'll be Marvel in name only for many. Gems got 2 abilities each though so theres hope. I still feel if you worry, like I did, that assists shoehorn you into forced partners on teams then you should either go Skullgirls route with assists, or run universal assists. Best would likely be one partner assist and one universal assist with checks and balances to punish the universal and lock it out if punished enough so it can still be blown up with real consequences much like a happy birthday blow up can hurt your resources.

Course I'm a broken record on this.
What's the over/under on number of Carls in BBCF Top 8?

Fuck i'd put higher odds on Nine, Mai, and Izanami than Carl. Those three are nuts. Damage and options from anywhere.

CurlyW

Has anybody pointed out that EVO registration is on smash.gg this year, rather than a form on the evo.shoryuken.com site as it has been in years past? Does that mean that EVO is turning its brackets over to smash.gg as well?

Wallach

Has anybody pointed out that EVO registration is on smash.gg this year, rather than a form on the evo.shoryuken.com site as it has been in years past? Does that mean that EVO is turning its brackets over to smash.gg as well?

Yeah, they said smash.gg would be handling brackets this year.

• Pokken $6k
  • Marvel $4400
  • KI $3500

Wow...Pokken putting in that good will for the kiddies with their donations.

Namco bout to have 2 games in the Sunday lineup for the first time in years

4 Pikachus across 3 games vs. 2 Ryus across 2 game among the main nine.

Is this Evo even real, lol?

Tripon

I think smash.gg is jank, so I am not happy about that move. I understand it, but a lot of the delays I had at SCR was because smash.gg was down or TOs couldn't connect to it to update the brackets.

I just got done watching Eliza's gameplay trailer for Tekken 7, and she does seem like a more fleshed out character than she was in Tekken Revo, which is good.

Only, seeing that she now has a DP, a divekick, EX moves, and two supers, it's like Namco said "Want to play Akuma, but wish he was a sexy female vampire?"

• Pokken $6k
  • Marvel $4400
  • KI $3500

Wow...Pokken putting in that good will for the kiddies with their donations.

Good for the Pokken community but...man, that top 8 felt like it took an eternity. I guess that's how Nintendo fighters do.

JeTmAn81

I'm sorry for calling those other games garbage, folks. I was tired-posting (equivalent of drunk-posting for me). I'm really not a fan of those games but I know all the big series have people who love them dearly. IMO it's just not EVO without a SF game and a Marvel game in the mix.

King Kye

Banned
Not gonna lie, I'm starting question if I'm even interested in this year's EVO at all. Never thought I'd say that.

EVO without Marvel just isn't right to me and I'm not sure I care about SFV anymore at all, TBH.

Maybe things will change when the circuit starts.

shaowebb

Honestly, my only concern this year is that AnimEVO anticipates their turnout better this year. DFCI registration numbers DOUBLE at the door last year and held some stuff up by 3hours. Stellar showing and absolutely praise worthy of its community to have pulled that off, but yeah it pushed things to 2am or later and many things were having issues getting stream time or brackets to run properly over it.

All love and hugs from them as always in spite of the issues though. Very kind community that plays over at AnimEVO each year. One of the reasons I love the stream so much. Here's hoping AH3LM comes back again or that someone puts the Nesica dump with Six Stars up at the tourney.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I thought it was exciting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I loved it when a Doom player (I forgot who) tried to blindly throw foot dive against KBR's Hulk and he countered him with an armored move and killed him. Also, level 3 X-Factor Sentinel was hype, so many turnarounds with him.

Same, KBRs team is far more interesting than F-Champ or Chris G's

Spuck-uk

Banned
Still gotta put your mouth on it
lol this isn't a counter argument

Zato isn't in a tier all his own. I feel like Milia is a balancing factor for the game, her bullshit works on everyone.

I do much prefer the balance style of 'fuck it, give everyone OP bullshit' as opposed to..certain other fighting games.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Probably more worried about the new marvel not being enough like the old marvel to be considered part of the same vibe. Game looks fun but that no assist thing had better be replaced with some mad gem stuff to bring back team build+setup strats or it'll be Marvel in name only for many. Gems got 2 abilities each though so theres hope. I still feel if you worry, like I did, that assists shoehorn you into forced partners on teams then you should either go Skullgirls route with assists, or run universal assists. Best would likely be one partner assist and one universal assist with checks and balances to punish the universal and lock it out if punished enough so it can still be blown up with real consequences much like a happy birthday blow up can hurt your resources.

Course I'm a broken record on this.

Fuck i'd put higher odds on Nine, Mai, and Izanami than Carl. Those three are nuts. Damage and options from anywhere.

I don't know how many top players use Izayoi, but her, she really has everything.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
ST and or Marvel. The rest can go die. One Pokémon game is enough, two is overkill, three is wtf. KI has its own funded tourneys and not enough hype to it. And this autocorrect garbage is getting on my nerves.

Zato isn't in a tier all his own. I feel like Milia is a balancing factor for the game, her bullshit works on everyone.

I do much prefer the balance style of 'fuck it, give everyone OP bullshit' as opposed to..certain other fighting games.
Millia looking like shes getting shot down in Rev 2 though

Anne

Mai is like 3-4 tiers lower than the other characters you listed fam.

People in the discord already seen me post this, but this is my personal opinion tier list

I'm no top player, just what I see. If you don't believe me you can read SKD's old list, which doesn't look too much different.

NEO0MJ

Mai is like 3-4 tiers lower than the other characters you listed fam.

People in the discord already seen me post this, but this is my personal opinion tier list

I'm no top player, just what I see. If you don't believe me you can read SKD's old list, which doesn't look too much different.

Yeah, that's inline with what I read. Praying for balance patch that fixes Susano'o and adds Jubei to the cast post EVO.

They can never get Bullet right, lol

You want an even bigger joke? Kagura. That guy got the Deejay treatment.

pizzacat

Banned
q
I thought it was exciting ]¯_(ツ)_/¯
I loved it when a Doom player (I forgot who) tried to blindly throw foot dive against KBR's Hulk and he countered him with an armored move and killed him. Also, level 3 X-Factor Sentinel was hype, so many turnarounds with him.
A character dying from doing 1 divekick sounds like this is the worst game ever

Also bolded has me thinking you're actually a robot
Millia looking like shes getting shot down in Rev 2 though
is this true?

Face can't catch a break :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom