• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

i think you will enjoy this stream archive from today:
https://www.twitch.tv/ifcyipes/v/117253445

i guess yipes got really tight about this cuz i am over 30 minutes in and he is still ranting
All the guys at Ultrachen agreed that Marvel should've been in at EVO easily. So it's not just the super Marvel heads, a lot of people expected the game would be there especially after Marvel Infinite.

This Yipes pop off is real though.

THE AUDACITY!!!!!

Money talks, bull shit walks is my new money hats catch phrase.

Dahbomb

tbh if marvel wasn't in the running would most people even care about the vote thing? that alone makes reason for it to be there.
I think the FGC would band around Killer Instinct to make it in. I would donate for it.

Can't watch, can you sum what he says?
EVO needs to fix their face, Marvel has the legacy/prestige and built EVO what it is today, lots of real stories that aren't fabricated. Money talks, bull shit walks. Undermines some of the international talent in the game too. Lots of expletives. Shots fired at other games especially ARMS, Nidhogg and Windjammers.

Also more importantly, he brought up that he had been trying to get Curleh Mustache going again for a while but was unable to do so because of scheduling conflicts with CPT (too many CPT events that conflicted). He finally got some time for CM at Undefeated. He will be doing a F100 against KBrad for a donation stream along with CM and Undefeated. Touched upon how Marvel got no Capcom support and it was held up by the back of the community etc.

I only saw the first 15 minutes though, it goes on for a while.

notworksafe

i think ST would have the best chance of getting in if marvel wasn't there, just off nostalgia factor. ultrachen commentary on an st finals would be awesome.

Dahbomb

i think ST would have the best chance of getting in if marvel wasn't there, just off nostalgia factor. ultrachen commentary on an st finals would be awesome.
ST couldn't win against Skullgirls when it had the chance last time. And honestly I would donate to Skullgirls over ST as well. That's the game that actually could use the exposure.

notworksafe

but this time sg community is throwing a tantrum :p gotta funnel the real fgc money somewhere and i don't see mkx or ki getting it in this alternate universe.

I'd say the climate for Skullgirls is different than it was back then; it's clear at this point that Skullgirls doesn't actually need EVO to find success (but it'd still be nice).

MrDaravon

I think the FGC would band around Killer Instinct to make it in. I would donate for it.

EVO needs to fix their face, Marvel has the legacy/prestige and built EVO what it is today, lots of real stories that aren't fabricated. Money talks, bull shit walks. Undermines some of the international talent in the game too. Lots of expletives. Shots fired at other games especially ARMS, Nidhogg and Windjammers.

Also more importantly, he brought up that he had been trying to get Curleh Mustache going again for a while but was unable to do so because of scheduling conflicts with CPT (too many CPT events that conflicted). He finally got some time for CM at Undefeated. He will be doing a F100 against KBrad for a donation stream along with CM and Undefeated. Touched upon how Marvel got no Capcom support and it was held up by the back of the community etc.

I only saw the first 15 minutes though, it goes on for a while.

He's not wrong, but what shots did he fire at ARMS, Nidhogg and Windjammers? Just something along the lines of they shouldn't even be potential options?

notworksafe

if something like sf4 was in instead of nidhogg or skullgirls that would make for some more interesting results, and certainly more donation money in total.

MrDaravon

if something like sf4 was in instead of nidhogg or skullgirls that would make for some more interesting results, and certainly more donation money in total.

I was actually wondering why they didn't have 3rd Strike or Alpha in there; I guess they didn't want to have multiple SF options in the voting or something.

notworksafe

cvs2 would have been an instant donation from me and i would have found a way to get there as well

that game takes way too long to run though

Coda

BFSrBur.png

Screencap from Yipes' stream today, it was too good.

Dahbomb

He's not wrong, but what shots did he fire at ARMS, Nidhogg and Windjammers? Just something along the lines of they shouldn't even be potential options?
"The only arms I need are these." "This game isn't even out!"

"What the hell is a Nidhogg?"

It was more along the lines of these games shouldn't even be there to begin with. Also said he would take off MKX because NRS community migrates to the new game like clockwork.

I kinda have to agree especially with ARMS. Untested, unreleased game on an unreleased console. Windjammers isn't really a fighting game (might as well put Top Spin 3 in there for voting). None of these games have an active tournament scene that is clamoring for the EVO spotlight.

Pokken, MKX, KI, Marvel, Skullgirls, ST are fine choices. Could have added in DOA5, VF5, Persona 4, UNIEL instead.

notworksafe

I'd take 3rd strike, CvS2, or SFxT personally

a three block themed version of the vote would be cool

old man games: cvs2 st marvel 2
new era games: ki mkx pokken
novelties: windjammers arms mariokart 8

now that would be fun. though personally i'm not into those last three being evo main games, its a smart way to bring in troll/casual/non-fgc donations.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yipes says none of the beef was fabricated. Umm Mike Ross and Jago? I've seen better acting in a third world country soap opera.

shaowebb

We had the conversation before though on the issues surrounding CVS2. It heavily revolves around arranging old hardware to show up in mass and its just a major strain.

notworksafe

yeah it'd be a pain but they'd have to do the same thing for ST. Though CPS2 hardware is infinitely less finicky and troublesome than a GDROM setup for cvs2

Dlent

I didn't even consider DOA, but that would have made more sense than something like Nidhogg, or even MKX. That's an actual fighting game, it's actually released, and it has its own community. Doubt it would win, but it's a strange omission considering that DOA has been at past EVOs.

Sigmaah

They dun fucked up by having marvel as a raffle.

It's mahvel babye, the shit just got resurrected and ur not gonna have it in ur line up ESPECIALLY WHILE IT'S HOT?!

I swear niggas live by a code, if it makes too much sense, nah fuck it.

notworksafe

I didn't even consider DOA, but that would have made more sense than something like Nidhogg, or even MKX. That's an actual fighting game, it's actually released, and it has its own community. Doubt it would win, but it's a strange omission considering that DOA has been at past EVOs.

mk is all of those things too lol

Tripon

To whoever's doing the FF thread, it'd be much appreciated if you give the Catherine event on Friday night some love. Top 8 will be streamed.

People who are interested in making tournament threads should just make them. Speaking from personal experience, they're really easy to stop and a lot harder to get back to the swing of things.

I only thought I was going to take a couple of weeks off, then a bunch of tournaments passed by and life goes on.

Shouta

You know it's serious when people are making spreadsheets

Totally unrelated, but there's no version of Tekken on PS4 right now correct? TTT2/T6/Revolution(?) were both last gen right? I haven't played Tekken since 3 but am really excited for 7 and was thinking about playing to be at least slightly ready for 7 but digging out a PS3/360 at this point is not gonna happen for me probably :/.

That spreadsheet amuses me quite a bit. Pokken has a comparable average to Marvel despite not being run at more than half of the events on that list. I can imagine the game would grow some if folks knew there were people playing it. Good ol' FGC chicken & egg problem.

They dun fucked up by having marvel as a raffle.

It's mahvel babye, the shit just got resurrected and ur not gonna have it in ur line up ESPECIALLY WHILE IT'S HOT?!

I swear niggas live a code, if it makes too much sense, nah fuck it.

Stop complaining and put up some money to get it in.

Marvel is a shoe-in for this. The PC release is going to respark the game anyway.

There are gonna be some happy kids with all this money that's being thrown at Make A Wish though.

cj_iwakura

People who are interested in making tournament threads should just make them. Speaking from personal experience, they're really easy to stop and a lot harder to get back to the swing of things.

I only thought I was going to take a couple of weeks off, then a bunch of tournaments passed by and life goes on.

I figured someone usual always has it on lock, I'd hate to try and not do it properly or something.

shaowebb

Apparently folks on the Injustice 2 beta have noticed that when picking stages sometimes it says "approaching slaughter swamp" instead of where they are going. Swamp Thing is pretty heavily rumored to make it in and is in the Injustice comic (and didn't even die). We may just get Swamp Thing at this rate because this is the first solid thing in the game to hint at him. I'd be eager to see this happen and have story fights of ice vs ice with Cold vs Freeze and plant vs plant (like the comic did) with Swamp Thing vs Poison Ivy.

Pretty excited the more I see of the beta. Batman seems like he doesn't pop up and link as well into some stuff that he used to according to forever king. Like theres more recovery on a ton of stuff. He doesn't sound garbage though. Just more like he has different combos now. I believe he gained an overhead and if gear gets a mode thats all gear moves/trait alts unlocked without stat swaps for a gear tournies then it'll get really sick for Batman as his alt trait bats are pretty wild so far. Pretty cool he can summon them on top of folks now for some stuff with alt trait.Plus his air batarang alt moves make for some neat potential.

Oh also Superman's zoning seems to have taken a nerf.

Dlent

mk is all of those things too lol

I suppose I should have specified that they have their own community that's currently excluded from the EVO main stage. MK does have it's own community, and most of it moved on to the next game that's already in the main lineup.

Not to mention there are clearly some good whales to be caught in those DOA waters. Have them spend some of that DLC money on charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom