• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Just played and finished SFV story mode. Where was Hot Ryu battle scene? They said it would be part of the story mode.

Dahbomb

dahbomb on sudoku watch after that 1st episode of berserk anime. Probably means that musou gonna be ass too
Man that was bad but I will continue to watch because Berserk.

Musou Berserk seems better though, that anime always looked bad from the start.

And Capcom messed up not releasing Balrog earlier. This is a PR BALROG character much more than SF4 Balrog. SFV Balrog has the cheap/easy to abuse stuff that PR Balrog always gravitated towards. If he had a month extra prep time then he would've done damage at EVO. I hope he's going in hard though.

The V Skill into overhead is the new online special. Everyone is gonna get hit by that day 1. Also Balrog's combos aren't hard either like Guile and Chun so he's an easier charge character to play. But he does have enough quirks to him that you need to put lots of time into him.

Dahbomb

The story mode is relevant because it's basically them giving you a character for free. Otherwise it's not really relevant.

Numb

Police Officer C (Peter) should be playable and the default training dummy.

Well played, Capcom, hahaha
Indeed. Seth got named the boss but combo is some random cop lol
The dolls look good although the spear and indian one are just ridic

Line_HTX

dahbomb on sudoku watch after that 1st episode of berserk anime. Probably means that musou gonna be ass too

It'll be ass if it's not a worthwhile Warriors game, though that's not saying much. It's possible that the new Berserk adaptation could be better despite all that awful CG.

『Inaba Resident』;208909708 said:
Pretty much. It doesn't take itself seriously and its a dumb distraction for a bit. Trying out DLC for free is also nice.

Yes, I forgot that you can try the characters in Story Mode before they're released. It almost makes me want to see Decapre become playable.

Juri when...

Numb

I mean that is expected. How is it possible to make a great story involving all of those whacky designs? I can see a great story if the story focuses on a handful of characters, but the whole cast?

People need to stop confusing Dhalsim for a mugger
Bet it's the floating

I don't remember the last time I played a Capcom game with good writing, if ever.

Most video games don't. Most gamers wouldn't recognize a good story or characters if they saw them. The fact people think the crap in like Final Fantasy VI is a good story is testament to that. Even so this really is a notch even bellow that. Quite frankly it's pretty unbearable.

I-hate-u

I'm trying to decide which was cheesier, SFV Story Mode, or T6 Scenario Campaign with its cutscenes...

The scenario campaign wasn't very good primarily because Lars sucks. Everything else was entertaining.

But please don't compare Namco with Capcom. Namco knows, and have been knowing how to handle story modes, nay, everything else not pertaining to the actual fighting much better than Capcom.

Perro

Capcom hire a fucking writer. Story mode's story was Ultra Trash.
You actually expected something good? lol
Can't believe some ppl say that SFV story was better than MKX. The hype has blinded them.
It's all silly videogames nonsense anyway. SH2 is the only videogame story that matters.

You actually expected something good? lol
Can't believe some ppl say that SFV story was better than MKX. The hype has blinded them.
It's all silly videogames nonsense anyway. SH2 is the only videogame story that matters.

I expected it to be bad not incomprehensible dog shit.

Line_HTX

Giving the hard choices here
Atleast SFV story was a 1v1 fighter. Scenario was garbage from second one

I'm not ashamed to admit I was bored enough that I learned to do proper combos of a lot of characters while playing Scenario Campaign, but yes I agree, it was already dumb when the first thing you see is the famous quote from Friedrich Nietzsche. At least I got hooked into playing and learning all about Lars's movelist and punishments because he deflected that missile like it was nothing!

Numb

I'm not ashamed to admit I was bored enough that I learned to do proper combos of a lot of characters while playing Scenario Campaign, but yes I agree, it was already dumb when the first thing you see is the famous quote from Friedrich Nietzsche. At least I got hooked into playing and learning all about Lars's movelist and punishments because he deflected that missile like it was nothing!

equip all the stats gear
look like you crashed into an anime store at the end

Rhapsody

Banned
Having each of the SFV dolls have at least one unique move for each of them was nice. Honestly was expecting Cammy normals and that was it.

I enjoyed it though. Just dumb fun to see them fill in part of the story.

Dahbomb

https://youtu.be/5-Y7Ya7g7K8

Is that damage from the charged punch real? What the hell man! I had to do a triple check on it!

Non training stage and non-Bonne Wonderland stages in Marvel 3 were definitely laggy or had frame rate drops or both. Some were just too busy. I don't think it was every stage though. Plus the Night Harried stage is unplayable in if black color palette characters are being played (like black Sentinel).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom