• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Pig of the Hut is the hero MKXL deserves.
iNjUHQv.jpg

This sounds way better than anything EVO would've given them aside from pot bonus anyway. Especially having their OWN announcers. Tired of Aris on the mic shitting up streams. Dude didn't know about half the stuff he was calling on tournies and was making up move names during tournies. Guy just sorta babbled like he was live streaming for laughter out of a chatroom instead of building any hype the last several times he's called any NRS stuff. Tank top Guy, Pig and Tom Brady for commentary please. Need to hear me some bitchin bout Sub Zero lol.

Tripon

This sounds way better than anything EVO would've given them aside from pot bonus anyway. Especially having their OWN announcers. Tired of Aris on the mic shitting up streams. Dude didn't know about half the stuff he was calling on tournies and was making up move names during tournies. Guy just sorta babbled like he was live streaming for laughter out of a chatroom instead of building any hype the last several times he's called any NRS stuff. Tank top Guy, Pig and Tom Brady for commentary please. Need to hear me some bitchin bout Sub Zero lol.

This sounds like "NOT MUH COMMUNITY" bullshit that people who are in a niche community pull when they don't like a person.

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuck i'd put higher odds on Nine, Mai, and Izanami than Carl. Those three are nuts. Damage and options from anywhere.
Decided to scroll back.

No to Mai. Mai is annoying (especially on netplay) more than actually being anywhere close to those other characters. I'd place her in B or so tbh with the tools she has on dealing with those in S and A.

Carl definitely has more average damage and options anywhere than Mai. Doll resource isn't even a problem in setplay either for the most part. Especially with 25 meter or Burst to back you up.

Decided to scroll back.

No to Mai. Mai is annoying (especially on netplay) more than actually being anywhere close to those other characters. I'd place her in B or so tbh with the tools she has on dealing with those in S and A.

Carl definitely has more average damage and options anywhere than Mai. Doll resource isn't even a problem in setplay either for the most part. Especially with 25 meter or Burst to back you up.

when you coming back to teach me some more stuff

shaowebb

This sounds like "NOT MUH COMMUNITY" bullshit that people who are in a niche community pull when they don't like a person.

More like they've had dull commentators forced on them for several EVOs. Thats where the "our own commentators" comes from.

A lot of what you read up there is my own personal dislike for Aris because I don't support anyone who talks the kind of shit he did during Cross Assault about women in the FGC. Guys a creeper and I dont respect his views on that shit at all. I dont care if he can make folks laugh. I'd rather a pro sexism/bullying guy not be the voice heard during any game. Thats just my two cents on Aris. Others may feel different.

shaowebb

Not sure if trolling..

..but obviously the condiment brothers are the best NRS commentators.

Ketchup and Mustard are amazing. 16bit you are indeed up there too. I wish everyone lived closer for streams so we could get those two over at Galloping Ghost sometime with all the folks who play weeklies with ya.

I'm diggin kethups Atrocitus from what I saw on his stream.

.la1n

More like they've had dull commentators forced on them for several EVOs. Thats where the "our own commentators" comes from.

A lot of what you read up there is my own personal dislike for Aris because I don't support anyone who talks the kind of shit he did during Cross Assault about women in the FGC. Guys a creeper and I dont respect his views on that shit at all. I dont care if he can make folks laugh. I'd rather a pro sexism/bullying guy not be the voice heard during any game. Thats just my two cents on Aris. Others may feel different.

I can respect that. I am more inclined to at least allow for an opportunity of redemption; in my eyes he has done that both online and off.

mbpm1

8 years huh

Tom Brady is da bes tho

Beckx

if they go heavy with IBO units in DLC i am going to spend so much money

for an Orga navigator Bamco I will pay a high price

pizzacat

Banned

Can he stop sonic fox from competing?

Beckx

alternative pilots with a cost changing mechanic would be excellent

especially if you had flexibility for kind of "dream pilot" situation where you can match the pilot and suit up however you want.

Sayad

Tired of Aris on the mic shitting up streams. Dude didn't know about half the stuff he was calling on tournies and was making up move names during tournies.
Don't play MKX to be able to tell how much was Aris lost during MKX top 8, but coming up with random names for moves isn't mainly due to his lack of knowledge, he pretty much does that in every game including Tekken.

For me personally, I'd prefer him over any other commentator especially while watching a game I don't play, but I totally agree, commentators should be picked based communities choice, not who's friend with EVO's staff. Hellpockets was awful during Xrd 2016 top 8, he had no clue and was just shouting randomly for 2 hours! Best thing about KoFXIV making EVO is Hellpockets will be commentating that instead of Xrd.

This leads me to another pet peeve, Aris and Hellpockets being clueless while commentating games they don't play any more make sense, what's James Chen's excuse while being clueless about SFV stuff?!!

Dahbomb

What if Infinite ends up being a giant pile of santorum and the community goes back to Marvel 3
That's not going to happen, the Marvel folks are used to it.

At this point a lot of people have just accepted it probably will not be as good as Marvel 2/3 anyway. But they will play it because it's a new Marvel game and their friends/competitive partners will be playing it.

The community and competitive drive behind the game will keep it afloat for a while despite issues. If Capcom/Marvel support it even one iota then it will do fine.

Marvel Infinite would have to give people cancer for people to go back to older Marvel games.

I spent my downtime at working watching a vlog in japan about some dude who films a stray cat and drinks lots of strong zero from a tub of ice.

it's jiyuna

His vlog is actually pretty chill. A lot of it is the non-touristy stuff and he typically likes to wander around so you can see different things.

JeTmAn81

I think there's a greater than normal chance of people sticking with Marvel 3 over Infinite, or at least continuing to play it. The series is experiencing a significant format change from the established (15+ years) paradigm. 2v2 and no assists is going to provide a very different feel. The appeal of Marvel Vs. Capcom is more than just the characters. You can't just slot those same characters into any kind of fighting game and get the same magic.

Imagine what would happen if Street Fighter experienced a similarly significant change, like all of a sudden it was a 2v2 tag fighter? Oh wait, they did that...and people didn't stick with Street Fighter X Tekken very long.

It has a been a long time since there was a new Marvel Vs. game, so that alone will have most people on board, but it's still possible that this game just won't feel like Marvel. Not just not Marvel 3 or not Marvel 2, but not that indefinable feeling that those games provided.

notworksafe

Pretty sure there's been more 2v2 Vs games than 3v3 ones. Marvel fans will move on. At this point everyone moves to where the money is, for better or worse.

mbpm1

I spent my downtime at working watching a vlog in japan about some dude who films a stray cat and drinks lots of strong zero from a tub of ice.

it's jiyuna

His vlog is actually pretty chill. A lot of it is the non-touristy stuff and he typically likes to wander around so you can see different things.

its cool stuff and sometimes has cats

JeTmAn81

Pretty sure there's been more 2v2 Vs games than 3v3 ones. Marvel fans will move on. At this point everyone moves to where the money is, for better or worse.

Yeah, they had 2v2 Vs. games 20 years ago. None of them caught on like Marvel 2 and 3. None of them had a significant tournament scene. Those games established and solidified a distinctive gameplay paradigm which has very few imitators. They're like Smash in that respect. Some small but fundamental things about Smash changed with Brawl (e.g. tripping diluting competition with random chance) and the fans didn't really take to it. These changes to Marvel are bigger.

It's my firm belief that the next Marvel Vs. game after Infinite will be Marvel Vs. Capcom 4. It will return to the 3v3 with assists format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom