• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimiNutz

Banned
Thanks for the input guys.
We have already tried KI and enjoyed it but it didn't take long for me to start dominating her so it got stale.

I think we will try Marvel vs Capcom 3 since she knows some of the characters from the MCU and it looks like you can button mash big combos (which she will enjoy).

Thanks for the input guys.
We have already tried KI and enjoyed it but it didn't take long for me to start dominating her so it got stale.

I think we will try Marvel vs Capcom 3 since she knows some of the characters from the MCU and it looks like you can button mash big combos (which she will enjoy).

Particularly if you pick Simple mode you can easily mash your way to some pretty fun combos.

shaowebb

Catching up after a 12 hr shift on the TVC Top 8 from Frosty Faustings. Hooooooly shit the Obiiwan vs Tronzilla set ending. So fucking hype.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117863742

The set is right around the 2hr mark.
Game is so hype. 2v2, assists, air dashes, burst, baroques, few teleports or beams and very few OTGs. It meant footsies had to be fast, oki had to be on deck, resets and burst baiting was constant and it was mixup city as people had to play more setups than long combos due to combo lengths, air combos, scalin, OTG rarity and bursts keeping things fast, furious and short. So fucking hype. Please check this out. One dude made it to the tourney from Croatia just for TVC.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The Wolfkrone/EG beef is real. I thought he only had a problem with Justin but it seems he practically has beef with everyone except Chris G.

JeTmAn81

That FGTV stream last night. 8+ hours of Taekua, SMH. You've got FChamp, Yipes and Combofiend at the house and they're barely on stream.

Any FG-related guesses for Square-Enix's event this week?

Ehrgeiz_Pal.jpg

NEO0MJ

I've been poking around a bit with SFxTKN recently and I was surprised by how much...faster everything was. In comparison to his SFV incarnation Akuma was zipping around like Sonic the hedgehog.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've been poking around a bit with SFxTKN recently and I was surprised by how much...faster everything was. In comparison to his SFV incarnation Akuma was zipping around like Sonic the hedgehog.
Everything is faster in that game it's fast paced in nature

mbpm1

SFV has some slow feeling normals and movement. Compare SFV guile to sfiv and how much faster he is in that game

SFV has some slow feeling normals and movement. Compare SFV guile to sfiv and how much faster he is in that game

brAOLiz.gif

This is what I mean by nerfs. They nerfed the speed of normals and movement. They can't keep doing this. Capcom themselves realize (on some level) casuals aren't worried about speed. Otherwise they wouldn't release Marvel which will be way faster than a SF game could ever hope to be.

Then you will love NRS games.

I think NRS games feel better with the run than the dash. Like in Injustice, the dash just feels so stiff and mechanical. Even the air dash just doesn't "feel" right to me and extremely boxy and linear. It does feel really apparent if you play an anime fighter beforehand like GG, BB, Melty and even the marvel series feel like they got the air dash feeling nice.

shaowebb

I think NRS games feel better with the run than the dash. Like in Injustice, the dash just feels so stiff and mechanical. Even the air dash just doesn't "feel" right to me and extremely boxy and linear. It does feel really apparent if you play an anime fighter beforehand like GG, BB, Melty and even the marvel series feel like they got the air dash feeling nice.

Box dashing is actually what many call stuff in Injustice (like with Superman). Its largely because air normals do not carry the momentum from dashes and because after an airdash you drop straight down with no real ability to hold the direction and fall forward some on the drop due to the low jump heights IMO.

Box dashing is pretty useful for crossups though so its all good. Just check Supergirl's out at the moment. Ridiculously deep crossups this way. If you want a tight airdash oldie do watch the Frosty Faustings taping of Tatsunoko vs Capcom from this weekend. It shows a very fast capcom airdash fighter and its airdashes feel terrific.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117863742

Just gushing I guess. Finally, caught the top 4 just now after work. Tronzilla vs Empty Shiki is phenomenal. That Ippatsuman runback was soooooooooooo hype.

I think everything in NRS games is stiff except the throw animations.

Shouta

I really want to try the DLC chars in Blazblue but I can't justify spending full price and then the extra money for them. Oof.

NEO0MJ

Everything is faster in that game it's fast paced in nature

I haven't played any old SF game since V came out so it was surprising.

I got Es but I never saw Mai or Susanoo free. So I guess I missed them?

Susanoo can be unlocked by clearing the story, but you have to pay for Ranma.

Dahbomb

SF4 probably has faster or about as fast neutral as SF4 but when you start getting thrown or swept the game slows down a lot because you have a lot of hard knockdown situations in SF4. SFV is just constant action, no pauses in the game even though it's played at a slightly slower clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom