• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Siren or even Silent Hill in VR would be a lot more scary if that. Because the designs in those games are way more frightening and disturbing. And the guy who does the Silent Hill soundtrack has no equal when it comes to horror games.

Sheroking

The most viewers he's ever gotten. And I come to the conclusion he is actually a chicken wuss when it comes to horror games.

LOL. His neighbors must be like wtf is that guy doing.

He is, indeed, a Zell-level chickenwuss.

Best moment was when he literally chucked his controller across the room during a P.T playthrough.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TpfUuX8.gif

RIP Marvel

King Kye

Banned

Yeah, this is one of those things that sounds great in your head until you actually type it out and put it out in the world.

People will continue to play FGs if they stop selling, absolutely, today. As long as there's a platform available for people to play history's catalogue of fighters, they'll get played in tournaments. It'll just be even more niche, which would be okay. Some would prefer that, even.

I love causals as much as the next guy, but that's just not true.

Yeah, this is one of those things that sounds great in your head until you actually type it out and put it out in the world.

People will continue to play FGs if they stop selling, absolutely, today. As long as there's a platform available for people to play history's catalogue of fighters, they'll get played in tournaments. It'll just be even more niche, which would be okay. Some would prefer that, even.

I love causals as much as the next guy, but that's just not true.

That's why it was posted on Scrub Quotes :p

King Kye

Banned
Hmm..

Well, I don't follow SC, so I wasn't sure if the account holder was trying to be sarcastic or not. I thought he was flipping the script and playing it straight.

Ah well. Fight me.

shaowebb

Hmm...learned that the reason TVC is notorious for frame stutter in Dolphin till you've played all the moves out and cached them to memory is related to how graphics were made in the game. Apparently it did NOT use proper shaders in that engine at all. Just straight up sorta assigned a coded color to areas between polies like a flood fill. Causes some bloat apparently at runtime in dolphin and until you've done the moves before they can cause stutter. Once you do em they cache like an image online in 1990's internet and no longer cause frame stutter. Apparently this title and Metroid Prime both were notorious frame fuckers in Dolphin. Guess MP may have used a similar approach on some of the assets or something...who knows. Maybe it was some other issue with that title.

The list of code things I find out about TVC makes it more and more scary of a frankenstein for me to ever hope of a rerelease for. At least new tech is bein discovered for it. We gots baroque unblockables now.

notworksafe

ill wait til after the donation drive to craft this new masterpiece. might need to make room for the long arms of our new nintendo overlords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom