• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
arcades are just pcs these days so arcade marvel infinite could happen. there's gonna be an sfv arcade cab thats basically just the pc version running on a little box from my understanding. very strange that they aren't using nesica2 or something for it but w/e

Makes me eager to see how the Japanese scene will look once the Arcade version of V is out.

MrCarter

lol sfv sales. glad to see the casual market is tired of capcom shoveling shit down their mouth. if only the fgc could stop themselves from feasting on that shit as well.

Why so salty? SFV sales may not be as much as Capcom expected but it's still sold a hell of a lot more than KOF, Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. The FGC will continue to play this game, not because of the content but because the gameplay is great - and I don't see why anyone would want to stop that if they enjoy it.

notworksafe

if the windjammers port is ass i'll let wizard sponsor my trip and i'll bring my neogeo cab :p

Why so salty? SFV sales may not be as much as Capcom expected but it's still sold a hell of a lot more than KOF, Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. The FGC will continue to play this game, not because of the content but because the gameplay is great - and I don't see why anyone would want to stop that if they enjoy it.

because the gameplay isn't great. it's a dull game for boring people with shit online and a barebones approach to everything that everyone only plays because capcom offers big pots to get big players in and pot monsters follow the big players. but whatever, people enjoy terrible things all the time. look at how many people eat pizza hut, drink budwiser, or play third strike. good for them. i can still mock capcom for getting a poor sales response for what they somehow considered to be a worthwhile product

Everytime I go to a place with an arcade its always stupid ticket machines or stupid ticket machines based off ipad games, and racing games.

At least Skiball is timeless.
This is also true (although to a lesser degree, and Miku rhythm games rather than carsports) at Japanese arcades based on trip reports

MrCarter

if the windjammers port is ass i'll let wizard sponsor my trip and i'll bring my neogeo cab :p

because the gameplay isn't great. it's a dull game that everyone only plays because capcom offers big pots to get big players in and pot monsters follow the big players. but whatever, people enjoy terrible things all the time. look at how many people eat pizza hut, drink budwiser, or play third strike. good for them.

Well, clearly a LOT of the fanbase disagree as they actually prefer this game to SFIV because it's more of an honest and balanced game. As for the "pots", you do need an incentive for players to be motivated to play and get a reward at the end of it, but if they don't enjoy the game then it won't happen regardless - just look at SFxT. Also, Third Strike wasn't terrible either. Guess we'll just agree to disagree on this.

Nah, but these are
0R5NOwN.png

just seeing jojo asb in that list already makes it trash w/o going further

Even if you think the gameplay is good, the product itself is garbage. I'm glad the game failed in terms of sales to be honest, because it's sending the right message to Capcom.

(And i'm a Capcom fanboy.)

notworksafe

i'm just gonna be playing zelda and CPS2 games til tekken 7 hits, i don't need to subject myself to a current gen fighter.

injustice 2 looks good but i don't know if its worth getting the x1 version and even if there was a pc version it'd probably be terrible

Moaradin

smh moara. thought you were better than this

The core gameplay in SFV is just great. Even with the problems, that reason alone will keep me coming back to it. It also helps that the netcode is good and crossplay will keep it from being dead online like Guilty Gear and KoF on PC.

Beckx

Even if you think the gameplay is good, the product itself is garbage. I'm glad the game failed in terms of sales to be honest, because it's sending the right message to Capcom.

(And i'm a Capcom fanboy.)

i mean there's at least a decent chance that MvCI arrives at launch as a professionally produced video game now

capcom licensed a theme song for SFV and it wasn't even in the game at launch

Village

Well, you'd be wrong. Sales weren't met due to a lot of casual content stuff but gameplay is still some of the best in the fighting game business.

So what you are saying is , casuals and professionals think its ass

And in the end they have catered to no one

was never much for marvel 2, though i do have it on naomi. i do need to get better at XvSF so you can come here and we'll get good at that instead. :p

Wow, that's funny because we've been playing a lot of XvSF lately with a friend, because 1) This is the game i played the most back in the days at the arcades and 2) We want to play something without assists, for MvC:I

I'm playing Magneto / Storm now and i forgot how hard it was to have a good execution in that game (Even for a simple tri-dash).

i mean there's at least a decent chance that MvCI arrives at launch as a professionally produced video game now

capcom licensed a theme song for SFV and it wasn't even in the game at launch

Fingers crossed for MvC:I... I'm not too worried about the netcode because they'll probably use the one they made for SFV (With some tweaks maybe ?), but they really need to give us a game full of content (and deep enough)

Oh and yeah, that song was fire

notworksafe

Wow, that's funny because we've been playing a lot of XvSF lately with a friend, because 1) This is the game i played the most back in the days at the arcades and 2) We want to play something without assists, for MvC:I

I'm playing Magneto / Storm now and i forgot how hard it was to have a good execution in that game (Even for a simple tri-dash).

no assists in a vs game was the same reason i am getting into playing it as well, how perfect! don't get much practice locally as vsav is the more popular cps2 game with the scene here (of the ones i own). and yeah, execution is hard on xvsf. i'm having issues with just the basics right now, not even going to think about infinites yet haha. i need my american style sticks back!

shaowebb

just seeing jojo asb in that list already makes it trash w/o going further

Can't deny that. Man was that ever a fail reboot. Everything was so ridiculously laid out to unlock based on online goofy as hell sorta stamina bullshit economies. If that doesn't make sense as a sentence it made less as an actual thing to play. It was DLC hell too and super broken but not in the exciting Dreamcast way.

I gotta say for a casual title it had potential to be a blast but just too much was centered around that weird forced online unlocking system. I honestly wish folks had gotten a better game that could be competitive with it even though I openly eyeroll at Jojo stuff a lot. I hate seeing fans get fed scraps and told its gonna be great before they dine on it.

Seyavesh

Okay, you guys think we will get box or storm/magneto type air dash in MvC I?
iron man does a downwards airdash in the reveal trailer. youll prob get 8way with a snaller stage+screen so less mobile chars can contend w them.

big question is if movement speeds will be wack/stiff. still cautious on everyone moving like umvc3 iron man or vanilla mvc3 ryu/chris

one thing i noticed is that iron man's trailer downwards dash speed is about the same as mags down dash in mvc3. that might be a good sign or a bad sign. who knows?

pizzacat

Banned
Can't deny that. Man was that ever a fail reboot. Everything was so ridiculously laid out to unlock based on online goofy as hell sorta stamina bullshit economies. If that doesn't make sense as a sentence it made less as an actual thing to play. It was DLC hell too and super broken but not in the exciting Dreamcast way.

I gotta say for a casual title it had potential to be a blast but just too much was centered around that weird forced online unlocking system. I honestly wish folks had gotten a better game that could be competitive with it even though I openly eyeroll at Jojo stuff a lot. I hate seeing fans get fed scraps and told its gonna be great before they dine on it.

wat

I unlocked people using the story mode what are you even wat

shaowebb

wat

I unlocked people using the story mode what are you even wat

I heard the costumes were tied to the online stuff which had the weird stamina shit. If not then I guess its just chapter unlocking. The 8 or 9 dlc for $6 a piece was about the time I stopped paying attention to all the yelling. I ended up with it on a sale awhile back and experienced the bustedness for a short while then passed on playing more.

MrCarter

So what you are saying is , casuals and professionals think its ass

And in the end they have catered to no one

Pros think it's ass? Is that why most continue to play it and prefer this over SFIV? In the end they have still a dedicated community who feel passionate about the game. So yeah, they actually did cater to people. Casuals may not come back now (and I don't even care at this point) but I do hope they continue to improve and make the game a robust experience.

Kumubou

For anyone who says that SF5 "plays great" or "is the best playing fighting game this generation"... how many fighting games have you played?

Pros think it's ass? Is that why most continue to play it and prefer this over SFIV?

Do you think pros would continue playing the game if the e-sports money dried up? Be honest.

Moaradin

The whole 'pros only play it because that's where the money is' argument doesn't hold up for me. If that was the case, then what about Street Fighter x Tekken? That's a game that had a much bigger push than SFV did, and people immediately went back to SF4 no matter what Capcom did. They even gave it an update as a last ditch effort.

SF4 was dead pretty much immediately when SFV came out.

The whole 'pros only play it because that's where the money is' argument doesn't hold up for me. If that was the case, then what about Street Fighter x Tekken? That's a game that had a much bigger push than SFV did, and people immediately went back to SF4 no matter what Capcom did. They even gave it an update as a last ditch effort.

SF4 was dead pretty much immediately when SFV came out.

SFxT didn't have the same backing SFV had. That was due to SF 25th anniversary. The gap in prize money between SFxT and SF4 was no where near as large as SFV and SF4. The comparison was never a fair comparison and I said this before release. A lot of people were trying to cite SFxT as a reason why SFV would be abandoned, but again, the gap in prize money along with other factors is too large for that history to repeat.

I gave SFV a year and waited for season 2. Season 2 disappointed me. Not that season 1 was better or anything. It was more like I felt that season 2 needed drastic changes to bring everyone in the fgc on board to SFV. I felt like that hope is gone now and that is why many like me are starting to complain about the game. I just don't like the neutral game in SFV, and that is my problem with it.

Whether or not you like the game, you have to realize that there is a large part of the community that does not like the core gameplay. You can't just ignore those opinions when the casuals have long left. A lot of these people aren't hating on SFV just to hate on it. They want to like the game as they love SF, but it's just not doing it. They genuinely don't like the core gameplay. If Capcom fail to correct that, the interest in SFV will just keep decreasing. The reputation of the game is pretty bad from the hardcore community. If not for the interest in the big personalities that play SFV, the game would be dead.

Seyavesh

we'll find out when mvci comes out

i mean they're likely to just be at the same events and if you're a professional why not just go for both anyways? seems like a solid strat, especially if you're not realistically gunning to win at sf5 at any level beyond american majors. hard to say how much it'd actually display the lack of gameplay appeal for sf5 at that professional level since dudes are fightin' to put food on their table to some degree.

though i guess the wrench in that potentially is if asia or europe picks up mvc4 at a larger level and fucks up the US?

as a tangent, that'd be cool though b/c we'd get to see a real as hell international rivalry instead of this 'well obviously they're better as a whole because (insert reason)' pedestal undercurrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom