• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I quite like the core gameplay of SFV. I just didn't enjoy the spread of tools characters had in Season 1. I haven't played enough Season 2 yet to judge. I've been meaning to get back into it but so many other games are out to play. Yakuza 0 is too good.

Malice215

SFV should be balanced with how simplified the gameplay is. The problem is that they took the game in a boring direction with season 2 by taking away options. This game would be a complete afterthought for me if not for NLBC keeping things interesting and Wolfkrone being greasy. I haven't touched the game since season 2 when I've put in more time with season 1 than any other Street Fighter since ST. Season 1 was fun despite the massive piles of dung surrounding the game.

Street Fighter players are going to play whichever Street Fighter game has the most competition. Most couldn't wait to move on from USF4 once SFV dropped because they enjoyed the game despite the laundry list of issues.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm absolutely totally 100% fucked, fuck everything. Full on panic attack mode atm x.x Need to break something, can't break something could sell it, uhhh wtf dljaks;fjsadlf

edit :
ssi gave me 300 only this month for some fucking reason. havent been able to get in contact with the office. Rent is due in 2 days for 450 and other important bills by the end of the week for about 100. Let alone no food money after all that shit
Im literally fucked

pizzacat

Banned
but mahvel...
That's exactly my point

Balancing is like the 13th thing on my mind when thinking about a fighting game

And this whole balance meme is dumb when you realize like 1/4th if not more of the roster is just straight up obsolete and they keep adding more garbage with their safe ass dlc characters

Dahbomb

Safe DLC characters is a much better approach than putting out pay to win over powered DLC characters that need to be banned from competitive play for a period of time aka the NRS syndrome.

Of all the things to criticize SFV over, that has to be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Onemic

My problem with SFV is the diminished neutral. Something that I thought the devs were making a priority when making the game...

The game feels like a worse SF4 with less defensive options and a less colorful cast of characters.

pizzacat

Banned
My problem with SFV is the diminished neutral. Something that I thought the devs were making a priority when making the game...

The game feels like a worse SF4 with less defensive options and a less colorful cast of characters.

hey you have vreversals :)

even though most are bad

I'm absolutely totally 100% fucked, fuck everything. Full on panic attack mode atm x.x Need to break something, can't break something could sell it, uhhh wtf dljaks;fjsadlf

edit :
ssi gave me 300 only this month for some fucking reason. havent been able to get in contact with the office. Rent is due in 2 days for 450 and other important bills by the end of the week for about 100. Let alone no food money after all that shit
Im literally fucked

Talk to you landlord, normally debts have a grace period before penalties occur. Now unless he or she is a super asshole, explaining the situation will hopefully allow time to sort it out.

From google:

"A landlord cannot use a 14-day notice to quit to evict you for late payment of rent. The law requires the landlord to give you 30 days' notice.If a landlord tries to evict you for repeated late payment and there are good reasons why your rent is always late, you should explain them to the landlord and the judge."

kobu

These are my problems as well. Who in this game can play defensively but Guile?

Game can be pretty balanced AND fun ya know

too bad sfv isnt both. sfv neutral revolves around either mashing a medium punch button or if you have a necalli hk mashing that which makes matches super boring. The hypest moment in sfv history atm are putting someone in a blender and the times tokido read a parry. Then also every 10 seconds throw a jump in as well for good measure. Even w/ the game being momentum heavy, the designers have the notion to nerf anti air defensive haphazardly across the board while saying hey, left right high low mixups from laura and urien are cool w/ 6.5f delays on blocking b/c we dont know what we're doing. Also presentation being good lol. I'll give them the artstyle for certain characters. Capcom cant design a training menu or online menu that saves settings, stages still lag at times even though barely anything is happening, and online even though a step up from delay based online still is terrible compared to ggpo online. Also the lobby system/player search is still laughable, man what a joke that is. Also the rate at which the game gives you fm is a joke too. Capcom had a year to at least provide incremental updates to the UI and such but cant, and they couldnt even put out the s2 patch right.

Dahbomb

These are my problems as well. Who in this game can play defensively but Guile?
Chun Li is still good. Urien plays decent neutral/defense until he gets Aegis then it's ham city.

People are going to get hyped when Smug's Balrog bodies some foreign players though.

Onemic

Chun Li is still good. Urien plays decent neutral/defense until he gets Aegis then it's ham city.

People are going to get hyped when Smug's Balrog bodies some foreign players though.

The fact that you can name all the characters that can get by on playing a great neutral game with less than one hand is telling.

Shadoken

Balance doesn't always refer to character balance. There is also general gameplay imbalance between offense,defense,neutral...etc

SFV isnt that bad at character balance , but some of the shit in this game really promotes dumb/random play over calculated and intentional play.

For anyone who says that SF5 "plays great" or "is the best playing fighting game this generation"... how many fighting games have you played?

Do you think pros would continue playing the game if the e-sports money dried up? Be honest.

Been playing since the arcade days in the 90's, all the series. Played all of them. I even buy anime and NRS games that I don't really like to just try them out and give them a chance to see if my mind can be changed.

I just bought Skullgirls 2nd encore for some reason during the last sale. Still don't like it.

I think SF5 plays great.

Dahbomb

The fact that you can name all the characters that can get by on playing a great neutral game with less than one hand is telling.
No doubt it's a problem. And there aren't many defensive characters in the game to begin with. Ryu, Guile, MAYBE Nash, Chun Li, Dhalsim, FANG, Birdie. Characters who could play defensively before are forced to play more ham like Akuma.

Dlent

ill even take one of those "the cia has you on a list games"

melty juice
uniel
blazblue

any of those

It's always weird to see Melty Blood put on the "creepy anime game" list, because I struggle to think of a single fighting game roster with a less sexualized roster. Even Rise of the Robots has the T-1000 knockoff taking the shape of a naked woman.

Less sexualized purely in the context of the fighting game itself, mind you.

I quite like the core gameplay of SFV. I just didn't enjoy the spread of tools characters had in Season 1. I haven't played enough Season 2 yet to judge. I've been meaning to get back into it but so many other games are out to play. Yakuza 0 is too good.

I love Yakuza0!
I have barely touched SFV season2. Too many games and I am not invested in neither characters or players in SFV like I was in UMvC3 or All of SF4.

I hope there will be hype and players that emerge in MvC I

Shadoken

Really doubt PC ver will happen. Getting a western release is a miracle by itself.

Maybe if Yakuza 0 sells gangbusters in the west , Sega might. Since the engine is already ported.

I think sega ported some of their Japanese games to pc but not sure if they ever ported a yakuza game.
Yeah, we were lucky enough to get Yakuza in the states.

notworksafe

i guess it's rent or find someplace for cheap eventually. cant see myself spending $60 on a game for a console i don't own right before the switch hits heh

I just got a copy of Yakuza 0 from amazon today. The cardboard box of the launch edition was kind of crushed, usually amazon sends it in a box but they used one of those manila envelopes instead. It sucks, but oh well I have the game. It also comes with a sweet cardholder!

29653647470_fdf1969c60_z.jpg

Smug really likes using the v-skill to move forward a lot and PR Rog really likes storing the turn punch. It's gonna be interesting to each player integrate the other's strategies as we move into season 2 CPT. You can be sure Rog was watching K-Brad vs Smug.

Dahbomb

PRBalrog: "I am going to be playing Marvel Infinite because I want to beat ChrisG, Justin and Ryan."

Interviewer: "Oh so you want to be a god slayer..."

PRBalrog: "I am already the god slayer!"

pizzacat

Banned
players who put in a lot of work? Stop hating dude.
Idk this new found success for both of them in s2 sfv when both their characters became so mindless that their controllers might as well be fingerprint scanners that do the rest for them

And please mention their s1 highlights of rage quitting and contemplating retirement

Dahbomb

Idk this new found success for both of them in s2 sfv when both their characters became so mindless that their controllers might as well be fingerprint scanners that do the rest for them

And please mention their s1 highlights of rage quitting and contemplating retirement
Smug did well with a character no one had near the top of any charts in SF4. To suggest he is any less of a player is just straight hater non sense. Even in SF4 it took some time for him to get started and he grinded his ass off in both of the games. Smug was near top of the leaderboards online and doing well at NLBC in season 1.

Don't know why Wolfkrone was brought into the equation, he is always complaining, rage quitting.

Ya guys keep on bringing up examples that have dead games in them
So what should we be bringing up then... Smash? I thought that wasn't a fighting game around here.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Kbrad so salty he had to get personal. I mean, even if Yipes or the East Coast guys aren't offended by it I am. Never ever forget where you come from. Never.

if only I saved the archive of viscant calling kbrad a scrub in sf4 saying he beat him online w/ his deejay and cammy is why he got recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom