• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo how do you stop a stick from sliding? My Hrap4 slides everywhere especially during times that I'm feeling the pressure and it messes up my execution. I didn't have this problem with my Qanba stick.

BadWolf

Just finished the story mode, it was good stuff. The gameplay portion was obviously a joke but the cutscenes and character interaction were fun.

Too bad Capcom wasn't able to release it in time for the launch, it would have been more than enough for most people imo. Still think it was the right decision to release the game when they did though.

Juri is even more of a NotKim now, which is a-okay in my book. Can't wait to use her.

My hat is off to Capcom for what they have done with Urien's combos, just had a look at a combo vid posted in the other thread and a lot of them look almost exactly like what he could do in 3rd Strike.

Dunno if there's a worse feeling than doing something kinda cold in a fighting game and hearing people react, but knowing on the inside it was a complete accident.

XubtSwq.jpg

footsie-friendly Kanzuki beach mod
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighterMods/comments/4qrfjw/kazuki_beach_footsie_fix/

gutabo

Sup guys! Long time no see!

So, I got lucky again this time and I'm going to EVO!!! Right now I have some issues because of work and I'll be getting there late and leaving as soon as it's over :( But let's meet again! I registered in SF5 even tho I haven't played the game and I don't even own it but who know, maybe I can go 1-2!! I got VERY lucky last year so to balance things out I think I'll suck this year :p

(if you know anyone that's driving from Los Angeles thursday night, lemme know pretty please! I'll pay gas and whatever we can agree on!)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Balrog said it best. SFV has better game play than SFIV but SFIV has better technicalities. SFV is too simple and straightforward. A blessing and a curse.

Balrog said it best. SFV has better game play than SFIV but SFIV has better technicalities. SFV is too simple and straightforward. A blessing and a curse.
Luckily, one is easier to fix than the other. I'm confident that they'll add more to keep the flavor going.

Skab

Don't play with my heart. I keep seeing this Urien image, but no videos. Don't let it be a mod.

Oh it isn't a mod. It was mined out yesterday while we were all waiting for story mode. No one knows what it is exactly though, because it isn't listed as a costume, but is instead layered under his base, suited model. As if the suit would come off some how, but that doesn't happen in game as of yet, so we dont know.

Balrog can do that in every game, yeah

edit: PR Rog does it in SFIV online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAOiRcf4gtw

This is hilarious

Technicalities huh? We just inventing new fighting game terms now? People are really dancing around calling the gameplay what it is, crappy.

jbug617

Banned
Melee top players pissed Jebailey off.

I think I've lost all respect for a majority of top Melee players. Rest of the community has my support but some need an entitlement check.
Receiving threats to my DMs of boycotting future CEO's because I'm trying to do what's best for the entire event won't be tolerated anymore.

bakawind

Neo Member
I'm trying to learn more about tournament rules and the different fighting game scenes. Is there a reason why most Top 8s are best 3/5? Is it just to make the hype last longer?

I'm just trying to figure out why so many smash players are getting so angry. For the longest time, the community was trying to get into FGC events, and now they're threatening to pull away?

Tripon

Alex Jebailey ‏@CEOJebailey 50s50 seconds ago Doctor Phillips, FL
You might be a "top" player if you need a private hand warming station set up at an event behind the stage where no one else can play.

Alex Jebailey ‏@CEOJebailey 4m4 minutes ago Doctor Phillips, FL
You might be a "top" player if you request tournaments to skip you past pools bc you think you shouldn't have to advance like every1 else.

Alex Jebailey ‏@CEOJebailey now4 seconds ago Doctor Phillips, FL
You might be a "top" player if you cry about payouts at events you didn't even attend.

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/749113545216843780

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/749112832923348992

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/749114444374953984
Wow, he's going Scorched Earth on the Melee community.

MrDaravon

He fucking should. When top Melee players/community people are giving CEO/Jebailey shit out of all events/TOs you done fucked up. It's extra fucking dumb in this case since we've known how Evo was going to go down for months and Melee is getting major Sunday billing even though Smash 4 got more entrants. And Melee takes forever to run, this Evo is an order of goddamn magnitude larger than any other FGC tournament to date, and they're going to cry about not getting 3/5 the entire tournament AND doubles? Seriously fuck off.

I enjoy watching Melee but right now a lot of their community and top players are really giving ammunition to people who make fun of the Smash scene being nothing but children. Lost a lot of respect for a lot of players and that scene today tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom