• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"canonically not even fighting" doesn't really mean anything, though, they could always make an excuse to bring him back.

People were saying Slayer wouldn't be in Xrd because Accent Core Plus ends with him retiring, but of course that didn't really matter in the long run.
well, theres a lot of talk about XX/accent core not being canon

Line_HTX

If anything, at least Namco said from the very beginning that Tag 2 will not be canon, so all of the endings were for shits and giggles.

Tripon

Streams:http://twitch.tv/motokenteam (eng) http://twitch.tv/madridfgc (esp)

Sonic Boom (CPT Ranking event in Spain)

Horarios%20SB%20PRIMER%20DIA%20SMALL_zpsvaylohrn.png

Horarios%20SB%20DIA%20DOS%20SMALL_zpsmbofhmmu.png
http://www.sonicboomfg.com/seccioneseng.php?menu=Schedule and streaming

BiggNife

well, theres a lot of talk about XX/accent core not being canon

Xrd directly brings this plot point up, though. One of his intros (I think against Sol, if I remember correctly) has him being asked "hey old man, I thought you retired?" and Slayer responding something along the lines of "I realized there was still more I had to do in this world."

e: My point is Capcom could very, very easily come up with an excuse as to why Sagat is fighting again.

Xrd directly brings this plot point up, though. One of his intros (I think against Sol, if I remember correctly) has him being asked "hey old man, I thought you retired?" and Slayer responding something along the lines of "I realized there was still more I had to do in this world."

e: My point is Capcom could very, very easily come up with an excuse as to why Sagat is fighting again.
I remember that, but its all very weird. a lot of the XX/AC story doesnt make sense in the xrd context.

Like by the end of accent core Sol knows of
Justice/Aria

*Cue Max's reaction to the SCV ending as the credits roll.
"So the brother and sister are going to go live together... alone... in some quiet cottage on the beach of athens, where they will have many deformed children, for the rest of their lives." or "Well... that... was... not... good." ?
:p

vg260

KI is doing a survey on characters. They said it's very important. My guess is this will decide the last character of the season and if they do a Season 4 this will be the basis for that.

I want Joanna Dark

http://www.ultra-combo.com/killer-instinct-character-survey/

The last full character is coming in July, so that one is pretty much already set. I guess it could decide the bonus community fund character though, which had its own little ranking.

Yeah, I don't know why everyone thinks a Saturday spot is such an awful thing. People need something to watch Saturday evening, you know?

Prestige and production values. I was kind of emo Saturday 2014 Injustice didn't have the player intro videos and the character select portraits on the big screen.

Prestige and production values. I was kind of emo Saturday 2014 Injustice didn't have the player intro videos and the character select portraits on the big screen.
Oh, I see. I just want to see people play. :p

I wonder which time slot KOF will get next year?
Next year's schedule will be intense. KOFXIV and BlazBlue CF to add to the roster. All of this year's titles are putting out good numbers, so what could even be dropped? Pokken is the only "shaky" title on that list.

Yeah I think more top 8's need to go on Friday and Saturday, it's pretty clear Sunday schedule is bursting at the seams especially if next year's SFV top 8 is broadcast on TV again which require them to start on time. No shame in giving Saturday night more options to watch.

kirblar

Yeah I think more top 8's need to go on Friday and Saturday, it's pretty clear Sunday schedule is bursting at the seams especially if next year's SFV top 8 is broadcast on TV again which require them to start on time. No shame in giving Saturday night more options to watch.
And by more Top 8s, we mean Smash.

Next year's schedule will be intense. KOFXIV and BlazBlue CF to add to the roster. All of this year's titles are putting out good numbers, so what could even be dropped? Pokken is the only "shaky" title on that list.

There's also Tekken.

Considering all the new releases and the precedent set by 8 AM finals, at this point I'm hoping GG is on Saturday next year if there's no new version out by then. (Doubt it with BB)

NEO0MJ

Doesn't it have higher attendance than any non Smash & SF V title? Sure Tekken is coming next year but this game is really its own thing and plays nothing like a 3D fighter. I have no idea how they'll do it next year, there's too many games. Only ones I can see dropped are MKX (for Injustice), MVC3 for being old (though it has great streaming numbers), & KI for low attendance (but it's the only X1 exclusive fighter).

Damn that's rough. Sucks for the people that wanna watch it.

It's actually the easiest time for me to catch. Wish it was GG instead.

Dahbomb

Next year we are gonna have Injustice 2, KOF and Tekken 7. MKX, KI and Pokken might get the cut, maybe Marvel too.

If the Melee fanbase keeps up with the drama then Wizard might boot them too, who knows. Dude just needs a reason to do away with Melee once and for all.

.la1n

If Killer Instinct continue the trend of entertaining top 8 then it could survive the cut. It's what got it through this year. Entries won't save it that's for sure.

There's also Tekken.

Considering all the new releases and the precedent set by 8 AM finals, at this point I'm hoping GG is on Saturday next year if there's no new version out by then. (Doubt it with BB)
Tekken is already on the schedule, which is why I didn't list it.

Doesn't it have higher attendance than any non Smash & SF V title? Sure Tekken is coming next year but this game is really its own thing and plays nothing like a 3D fighter. I have no idea how they'll do it next year, there's too many games. Only ones I can see dropped are MKX (for Injustice), MVC3 for being old (though it has great streaming numbers), & KI for low attendance (but it's the only X1 exclusive fighter).

It's actually the easiest time for me to catch. Wish it was GG instead.
Sure, but will Pokken thrive or die? It's a weird little title.

Next year we are gonna have Injustice 2, KOF and Tekken 7. MKX, KI and Pokken might get the cut, maybe Marvel too.

If the Melee fanbase keeps up with the drama then Wizard might boot them too, who knows. Dude just needs a reason to do away with Melee once and for all.
KI will get the moneyhat.
MKX might get cut for Injustice 2.

Melee won't get booted because its attendance is so high. I mean, if he's willing to put up with CRTVs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom