• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

I keep seeing people say this. Why do we think her specials are not just black/purple colored now? She's got a lot of black/purple in her color scheme now anyway.

They also look a lot worse than other special effects in the game, really look like place holders or a work in progress.

Zissou

Venue space won't be an issue if they stay in the LVCC -- the place has up to three million square feet of space to work with and they currently are only using 140k square feet for Evo weekend. That would not be ideal since you would still have the split venues, but the event's already at the point where leasing convention center space is the only viable option. As for the game rotation, it seems straightforward enough -- Injustice 2 would replace MKXL, BBCF would replace Xrd:R (unless there's a Xrd update that's out on console a year from now, which is unlikely) and KoF XIV would probably replace whatever other game (like Pokken or KI) gets dropped. Continued support for KI is hardly a lock and if Microsoft stops cutting the check that's probably the first game to go.

If the Meele community keeps acting like shitlords then I would hope events would have no problem cutting them. Event organizers don't have time for communities that treat them like a mediocre event.

I'd be really surprised if BB usurped Xrd as the evo anime game.

ShinMaruku

I think her fireballs should return to pink+purple, but she's unfinished so people should point feedback to Capcom.

Characters definately make the game for me, if I never found Karin Cammy and Laura I'd have dropped the game long ago I hate the rest of the cast except Ken because Ken cracks me up.

Horseress

"Is Urien's Critical Art the most significant event in videogames history?"
Mz6vLUQ.gif

So what are the conditions for this to happen after his CA?

Tripon

http://wellplayed.jp/pro-tour2016/
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...016_japan_ranking_event_2_is_well_played_cup/
The final top 16 for this tournament will be determined by:
4 Japan-only online qualifiers on 9th, 10th, 24th & 30th July - Winners advance instantly to the final top 16
2 pre main event offline qualifiers on 23th July & 13th August, only Japan residents can participate - Winners & Runner-ups advance instantly to the final top 16
a 128-man final day qualifier on 14th August, foreign players are only allowed to participate here - Top 8 in this final qualifier will join the final top 16
permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreply

This is for the 2nd CPT ranking event for Japan. Guess Japan knows how to gatekeep foreigners as well.

People really wanted SFV story mode over playing online.

I can't believe it. It was embarrassing Power Rangers tier writing. I was enjoying it for the cheese appeal alone but people actively preferring to go through this three hour mode, and saying SFV has no content because the game didn't have a three hour anime movie where you can fight occasionally?

I don't get people. I'm embarrassed for you, single player content people.

In more important matters, Juri is tight af. Seriously Capcom give me Juri this month please.

Juri, Urien, Laura are the best things about the story mode. Juri's animations and psychopathy are GOAT tier. Urien is so manly and badass. Laura gives Sean arm bars and chokes for no reason other than to spread sisterly love.

My characters came out great.

Only Chun sucked in story mode. I was waiting for her to suddenly unfuck herself and be a badass cop lady but it never happened.

ShinMaruku

People really wanted SFV story mode over playing online.

I can't believe it. It was embarrassing Power Rangers tier writing. I was enjoying it for the cheese appeal alone but people actively preferring to go through this three hour mode, and saying SFV has no content because the game didn't have a three hour anime movie where you can fight occasionally?

I don't get people. I'm embarrassed for you, single player content people.

In more important matters, Juri is tight af. Seriously Capcom give me Juri this month please.

As I stated before all games are power rangers writing, you will never get candide. Also you can't really know what people want. To some people just losing to nothing but sf fiends can get grating. Ideally they'd use all the content to get things out of it.

Not everybody is the competitive type and often times the competitive people ruin the games for others.

As I stated before all games are power rangers writing, you will never get candide. Also you can't really know what people want. To some people just losing to nothing but sf fiends can get grating. Ideally they'd use all the content to get things out of it.

Not everybody is the competitive type and often times the competitive people ruin the games for others.

Not all games have Power Rangers writing at all. I don't really expect better from fighters, because they're fighters, but the people putting the game down because it doesn't have a Power Rangers story mode is what I find so hilarious.

Certainly a World Tour mode would be more preferable?

Given all of the characters in Cinematic Story mode, Capcom could make a heck of a World Tour mode already. Fight 5 Peter's at once!

I dunno about everyone not being competitive. I'm not saying you have to be. If you want, you could surely enjoy being in Rookie rank and fighting people at your level? It's absurd to me. It's like people not wanting to play Counter Strike or Team Fortress 2 because they'll lose. "You up for some CSGO?" "Nah, I lose all the time." I can't respect it.

ShinMaruku

Not all games have Power Rangers writing at all. I don't really expect better from fighters, because they're fighters, but the people putting the game down because it doesn't have a Power Rangers story mode is what I find so hilarious.

Certainly a World Tour mode would be more preferable?

Given all of the characters in Cinematic Story mode, Capcom could make a heck of a World Tour mode already. Fight 5 Peter's at once!

I dunno about everyone not being competitive. I'm not saying you have to be. If you want, you could surely enjoy being in Rookie rank and fighting people at your level? It's absurd to me. It's like people not wanting to play Counter Strike or Team Fortress 2 because they'll lose. "You up for some CSGO?" "Nah, I lose all the time." I can't respect it.

People like different things I really can't say what other people think, as long as they are not being unreasonable.

And plenty people are like that and the trick about csgo and team fortress and mobas it's a team game they can be carried some what in a fighting game it's them alone and some people don't want that. You don't respect that, but that's how some people are.

I almost feel like story mode in SFV was a waste of resources for the game and I also feel like a lot of the single player camp want content for contents sake. I mean, the story mode is 3-4 hours long, and people say the same about Mortal Kombat. Is a 3-4 hour cinematic story mode really that much more in the way of actual content to change your opinion of the game? Comparing it to Blaz Blue CFE that's practically nothing. So is the problem the lack of arcade mode?

Arc gives the most value for all camps I think.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Too bad the average person doesn't give a shit about fighting games.

This is true.

I don't think the mechanics of a fighting game lend themselves well too a story mode where you occasionally beat up an ai. Might as well be asura's wrath, which at that point might as well be a different game.

I almost feel like story mode in SFV was a waste of resources for the game and I also feel like a lot of the single player camp want content for contents sake. I mean, the story mode is 3-4 hours long, and people say the same about Mortal Kombat. Is a 3-4 hour cinematic story mode really that much more in the way of actual content to change your opinion of the game? Comparing it to Blaz Blue CFE that's practically nothing. So is the problem the lack of arcade mode?

Arc gives the most value for all camps I think.

MK has always been about the story, for better or worse. It's just that with MK9/X, the story mode came attached with games that were considered fun for the first time in years. Sometimes people wanna do more than fight others online, and that's what hurt SF5 whether or not you wanna believe it.

This is true.

I don't think the mechanics of a fighting game lend themselves well too a story mode where you occasionally beat up an ai. Might as well be asura's wrath, which at that point might as well be a different game.

This is actually a good idea imo, if Guilty Gear and Blazblue basically are full length anime and visual novels, an Asura's Wrath story mode could work. Plus it would allow you to show really insane stuff, since comparatively for example, the stuff Akuma does in game is mundane to what he does in his endings like splitting Ayers Rock and destroying a deep sea submarine.

MK has always been about the story, for better or worse. It's just that with MK9/X, the story mode came attached with games that were considered fun for the first time in years. Sometimes people wanna do more than fight others online, and that's what hurt SF5 whether or not you wanna believe it.

Okay. I can actually understand that because if they put in World Tour I'd be there day one.

My problem also stems from criticisms of the game from people who haven't even played it. Also, wanting more content when you're bored with online is fine, but I also think that a lot of the stuff in fighters is outdated, like the entire concept of arcade mode.

If I were to make a sp fighting game mode, it would be a side scroller that would help teach how to play the game at the same time.

ShinMaruku

I think it's story + you can go online + tower it's all depth of content that makes people pick what they want other games don't do that and expect results.

Rhapsody

Banned
Okay. I can actually understand that because if they put in World Tour I'd be there day one.

My problem also stems from criticisms of the game from people who haven't even played it. Also, wanting more content when you're bored with online is fine, but I also think that a lot of the stuff in fighters is outdated, like the entire concept of arcade mode.

If I were to make a sp fighting game mode, it would be a side scroller that would help teach how to play the game at the same time.

imo, I think Story Mode is the easiest type of content to get the point across to people that just want single player content because it's easy to understand what it is. Modes like M.O.M. in GG or Abyss Mode in BB, they're good in content but a bit harder to sell the idea on getting someone to care if they're not doing any research.

It's not bad for Capcom to do story mode though since there are a good chunk of people that have fun with SF lore. Continuing to leave it off the table for this many years would've been bad. Since pretty much all the other (big) fighters have them, having SF that far behind of the curve is a bad look.

What is this tower?

Tower is MK's version of Arcade mode, but there's also other towers. Klassic (which is basically arcade mode), Challenge Towers (MK9), which offer rewards for ending matches in a certain way, and Living Towers (MKX) which are Challenge Towers on a special timer. The Living Towers' challenges change after a certain amount of time. There are three separate towers (hourly/daily/premier), all with unique challenges. I don't know if they're still doing premier, since it's been a good long while that I've played MKX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom