• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A trick you can do with ibuki is when you have 1 kunai is use the air multi throw one (hold kick then let go) just to throw the last one. In the air this will put them in a juggle state and you can get them with a dp or raida if it lands. I need to check the frame data to see if it's the same on block as the normal air kunai. You can also use the grounded version to throw your last one since it goes straight and gets a soft knockdown, which means you can get a free recharge (can get more than 1 usually) if it lands, since she recovers pretty fast from the kunai throws in general.

A trick you can do with ibuki is when you have 1 kunai is use the air multi throw one (hold kick then let go) just to throw the last one. In the air this will put them in a juggle state and you can get them with a dp or raida if it lands. I need to check the frame data to see if it's the same on block as the normal air kunai. You can also use the grounded version to throw your last one since it goes straight and gets a soft knockdown, which means you can get a free recharge (can get more than 1 usually) if it lands, since she recovers pretty fast from the kunai throws in general.

The nice thing about the kick kunai throws is you can do them from backwards jumps whereas normal/ex ones are only from forward jump

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
it sucks that the best iteration of VF4 never left PS2 and the best iteration of VF5 hasn't left PS3/360. sega is so frustrating. PC please :(

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
That Chun costume.
wow.png
Best alt yet!

it sucks that the best iteration of VF4 never left PS2 and the best iteration of VF5 hasn't left PS3/360. sega is so frustrating. PC please :(

One of the hardships of being a sega fan.

Kumubou

i don't think espn will be showing evo live per se. maybe in the first 30 minutes or so, espn and twitch will be in sync with each other but the former will eventually have an ad break now and then during the broadcast which will cause them to take more time to finish the broadcast than the twitch stream.
I would imagine that if they were broadcasting the finals live, it would be broadcast much like how a soccer match is, where the actual halves are aired continuously and then there is a stream of ads before each half and at the end. They could also bake in a TV time out or two after certain sets where they could run ads both on Twitch and on TV. That's not going to be the best experience for people there live but it can't be any worse than what happens during a football game.

Having to worry about TV ads... now that's 1,000% e-sports.

But if Sega knew what they were doing, they wouldn't be Sega anymore.

Hey, at least the engine VF5:FS uses got ported to the PS4
for the release of Project Diva: Future Tone

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
180 SFV pools, dear lord.

EDIT: Scratch that, that's just on Friday, there are way more...
EDIT 2: 342 total pools for SFV.

I love pools day. Hella top guys feverishly going through every possible path to scout who they'd play, mashing that feedback button if they're unhappy.

180 SFV pools, dear lord.

EDIT: Scratch that, that's just on Friday, there are way more...
EDIT 2: 342 total pools for SFV.

Looks like 324 total pools. They're are 9 columns of 36 pools so that equals 324. Everything from 2pm and beyond is no longer pools.

Imagine making it out of pools. Congrats, you're in top 648 now. Which would still be bigger than every non-EVO tournament of all time except for this years CEO and FR.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like 324 total pools. They're are 9 columns of 36 pools so that equals 324. Everything from 2pm and beyond is no longer pools.

Imagine making it out of pools. Congrats, you're in top 648 now. Which would still be bigger than every non-EVO tournament of all time except for this years CEO and FR.
Yeah the L and M pools are round 2, N is called quarter finals and O semi finals. After that is top 8.

You could run a separate tournament with the players who make it out of pools lol. Poolception

Cool I got a 6 pm pool for SF5 and a 1000 am pool for Marvel Don't think there are any super notable players in either of them.
Edit: Randomfiend is in my pool for Marvel

So, does anyone have an idea at who I can email to remove my deadname from the Evo brackets/search and get it replaced by the name I go by? Would love to get this done ASAP because looking up my brackets actively kind of sucks right now

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So, does anyone have an idea at who I can email to remove my deadname from the Evo brackets/search and get it replaced by the name I go by? Would love to get this done ASAP because looking up my brackets actively kind of sucks right now
It says "BETA: For feedback, use the button at the bottom of the page.." at the top, but I don't actually see a button.

4pm friday pools for Smash 4, 8am pools for Pokken. That's gonna suck.
jazz just said "professor 'meat', get fucked" on jiyuna's stream lol
lol

That was nearly a week ago though. Who knows if you can still do it now that brackets are up?
. . . i don't even remember signing up for smash 4 . . . the fuck was i thinking?

welp, ready to go 0-2 in everything

Depending on who you use i can help you practice so you can at least go 1-2

I get a bye in Revelator 1st round, so even though I barely practice the game, I can never get last place! I've just been really busy, but I'll brush up somewhat.

I''m also facing a japanese player 1st round in Pokken named Mue. I don't know the Pokken scene, so I don't know if that is a notable name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom