• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Practice all of your spacing and punishing from certain ranges between -10 and -17 be it up close or max distance with one frame per second lag.

BWONG!

Tripon

Bow down to your Queen.

jJLbv9X.jpg

hey 16bit since you have JDCR in your pools, watch this korean FR match with Heihachi :p

Shows two new attacks he has. bf23 which is used to do tailspin. The big thing though is that he has a new extension of his d1. A second punch that launches on counter hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZdCmdBQbPw

My biggest takeaway here is how fucking cool Nina looks.

I'm kind of emo Xiaoyu and Nina have amazing redesigns for characters I don't like to play.

Tripon

SouthEast Asia Major to be held in Singapore this year at the Gamestart Asia EXPO. This is usually when Capcom Pro Tour Asian Finals is held, the current rumor is that CPTA Finals will be in Japan this year.

http://beastapac.com/#1467079433263-0b796335-8221

Date: 07-09 Oct 2016

Venue: Suntec Convention Centre

Tournament info: www.beastapac.com

Questions: facebook | Twitter

Day 1 – 07 Oct 2016 (Friday)

GG XRD 1v1 Tournament (Double Elim)
Pools till Top 4
GG XRD 5v5 Tournament (Single Elim)
Pools till Grand Finals
UMVC 3 1v1 Tournament (Double Elim)
Pools till Top 4
Day 2 – 08 Oct 2016 (Saturday)

SFV 1v1 Tournament (Double Elim)
Pools till Top 16
SFV 3v3 Tournament (Single Elim)
Pools till Top 8
BB CF 1v1 Tournament (Double Elim)
Pools till Top 4
KOF 1v1 Tournament (Double Elim)
Pools till Top 4
Day 3 – 09 Oct 2016 (Sunday)

SFV 1v1 Tournament (Double Elim)
Top 16
SFV 3v3 Tournament (Single Elim)
Top 8
BB CF 1v1 Tournament (Double Elim)
Top 4
KOF 1v1 Tournament (Double Elim)
Top 4
GG XRD 1v1 Tournament (Double Elim)
Top 4
GG XRD 5v5 Tournament (Single Elim)
Grand Finals
UMVC 3 1v1 Tournament (Double Elim)
Top 4

Hadoukie

So, a tweet was recently posted regarding Tekken 7: FR, the home version to be specific. Recent screens were taken of the arcade version's character select, and the recent E3 version's character select:

...FOURTEEN more characters could possibly be added to the console version? Seems too good to be true.

Hope Zafina comes back. Kunimitsu would be awesome too

petghost

Banned
how come 2d fighters from the 90's/early 2000's feel so fast and snappy compared to modern games? why has the genre become increasingly sluggish? is there something about 3d models that makes that snappiness impossible?

i dont know shit about tech im just going on a vague feeling here.

how come 2d fighters from the 90's/early 2000's feel so fast and snappy compared to modern games? why has the genre become increasingly sluggish? is there something about 3d models that makes that snappiness impossible?

i dont know shit about tech im just going on a vague feeling here.
The faster a game is, the harder it is for netplay to be smooth. Slower game, better seeming netplay.

AAK

...FOURTEEN more characters could possibly be added to the console version? Seems too good to be true.

They aren't necessarily going to fill those things with characters. At least two will be some random select boxes like Tag 1:

latest

Tekken 7 Director Addresses Input Lag Controversy, Discusses Additional Characters

"Since when did everyone become so knowledgeable about input lag?"

Bah Gawd Almighty, what a smackdown!

You better use that BENQ monitor so you won't have to yell "HOW DID HE SEE ME?!"

:lol

Fairly defensive way to dodge the question.

Hope Zafina comes back. Kunimitsu would be awesome too

There's a lot of characters that could make a return. I only ask for Anna and/or Kunimitsu. I feel like Kuni was a great addition to TTT2, and I'd like to see her return in a proper 1v1 Tekken, especially with all the mechanics they've added to T7.

It'll be interesting to see who returns and who doesn't. These next few months will bring a lot of hype and a lot of salt from the Tekken fans.

I hope they don't add a bunch of new characters. They're going to go back to the massive roster they wanted to step back from when Tekken 7 was first announced. Like 4 more is fine.

Kumubou

Fairly defensive way to dodge the question.
Probably because he knows that Tekken's native input delay is on the high end (and yes, I have heard people complain about how heavy and sluggish Tekken can feel at times, and I think that is in part due to the game's inherent input delay). However, I do think he is right in that it ultimately doesn't matter exactly what the input delay is, but instead what the overall experience is. It's relative input delay that can really cause issues. Games play differently if you end up having more or less added delay than what the game was designed for.

Looking at the EVO bracket for SFV. Most people will have to win 11 straight matches to make top 8 and 14 straight to win EVO. For anybody who loses their first match, they'll have to win 21 straight to make top 8 and 26 straight to win EVO(27 straight sets since you have to reset in GF). Their are some exceptions though. A small percentage of the SFV players will receive a bye so that means 1 less match they'd have to play compared to the vast majority.

I remember how Gamerbee lost his first match at EVO 2010 and went on a crazy run to finish 5th that year. I think he had to win something like 13 straight to make top 8. I can't see anybody doing something like that again at EVO.

NEO0MJ

So, a tweet was recently posted regarding Tekken 7: FR, the home version to be specific. Recent screens were taken of the arcade version's character select, and the recent E3 version's character select:

Pokken taught me not to base character count on how many empty spaces we have.

They aren't necessarily going to fill those things with characters. At least two will be some random select boxes like Tag 1

I can't discount that possibility, but I think we're getting more than four. I think we're getting minimum eight, which is still a lot. That leaves room for a lot of returning favorites. If eight more get added on top of Nina and Akuma, then Tekken 7: FR would have added 10 more characters on top of Tekken 7's roster, making the total roster 37 characters, which is down from Tekken 6's roster of 41 characters.

I've said stuff like this in the past, but I'd approve of Tekken Team not bringing back Bruce, Marduk or the Capos, because we have Josie, Gigas and Lucky Chloe, respectively. It would be a gutsy move, just like how Soul Calibur 5 replaced characters like Sophitia and Taki with Pyrrha and Natsu. I say that as a big fan of Marduk.

kirblar

Of course Tekken doesn't have an issue w/ the input buffer, moves in that game are slower. It's why it worked there and didn't work in SFV. People are dumb.

Sayad

Of course Tekken doesn't have an issue w/ the input buffer, moves in that game are slower. It's why it worked there and didn't work in SFV. People are dumb.
To think about it, it's more the nature of the game than how fast moves are, Tekken neutral is more read based than SF while SF have more situation during neutral that require reactions. Most of the input lag complaints revolve around situations like jump in, overheads and reacting to dashes, those things aren't faster than Tekken's moves, actually, what you need to react to in Tekken(lows) are on average faster than what you'd react to in SFV.

She'll be like "I'm not that good!" as she completely and utterly destroys you.

*shivers* 0-11.... *shivers* #NeverForget

Did she do that to someone? Is there a vid, I'm curious lol.

edit: Wait a minute, did she used to play aigis in P4A? I think I remember hearing her name when Dacid used to stream. Could be a different Mue or maybe spelled differently.

GorillaJu

To think about it, it's more the nature of the game than how fast moves are, Tekken neutral is more read based than SF while SF have more situation during neutral that require reactions. Most of the input lag complaints revolve around situations like jump in, overheads and reacting to dashes, those things aren't faster than Tekken's moves, actually, what you need to react to in Tekken(lows) are on average faster than what you'd react to in SFV.

That's my take on it too. The neutral game is more reaction based in Tekken with stuff like throw techs and low parries being more important in neutral compared to SF which is more about zoning and probing for an opening with safe moves.

Dahbomb

Don't 3D fighters have a generous input buffer anyway?

Also I got around 320 on that reaction test though I think my result would be better if I was doing it on a fast PC without a mouse vs old laptop and touchpad.

kirblar

Also I got around 320 on that reaction test though I think my result would be better if I was doing it on a fast PC without a mouse vs old laptop and touchpad.
Yeah. Moves have longer startup, input buffer's bigger, the input delay helps smooth out online, etc. It's just not the same as a game explicitly rewarding split second reactions.

So dsp put out his SFV story mode review. Lol he hated it haha. He said the last few matches the AI cheats and reads your button input like crazy lol. I would link his video but eh....If you want check it out at his channel on KOgaming. Also it seems to me dsp is not a big fan of SFV in general.

BTW man capcom needs to make those shadoolo stages and some of the other alternate stages from story mode available. Also you think we will get a remake of SFIV stage since Juri is from SFIV next patch? If so which one?

GorillaJu

Yeah I tried it on phone and home PC with an EIZO monitor. 211 on the PC, 255 on iPhone. Big difference depending on what you use. But the point is the same—8 frames is 133ms, and the average response time is 240-260ms. Most moves that require reaction responses can still be reacted to.

Honestly I really don't know what someone like Fuudo can do in terms of pure reaction speeds, but I don't think that what makes him good is pure reaction speed.

So dsp put out his SFV story mode review. Lol he hated it haha. He said the last few matches the AI cheats and reads your button input like crazy lol. I would link his video but eh....If you want check it out at his channel on KOgaming. Also it seems to me dsp is not a big fan of SFV in general.

BTW man capcom needs to make those shadoolo stages and some of the other alternate stages from story mode available. Also you think we will get a remake of SFIV stage since Juri is from SFIV next patch? If so which one?

8OBl296.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom