• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Damn 20th anniversary of EVO.

Ricky Ortiz was temporarily banned from EVO for a few months around ten years ago. At the time, Ricky’s team owner managed to have the EVO directors pay for airfare with the promise that it would be paid back. This debt went unpaid for almost a year, and Ricky was banned until their end of the agreement was fulfilled. Debt was paid, and Ricky was allowed into EVO again. Ricky’s team at the time was none other than Empire Arcadia.
God damn EMP...

Dahbomb

The year 2016 marks the first time in EVO history where Namco and Nintendo outnumber Capcom games in the lineup.

DAWN OF A NEW ERA!!!!

Man of these factoids are golden.

20-25K people are supposed to be in attendance for EVO 2016.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
tJUrgZt.png
EVO SFV numbers. Man I wish the German FGC were bigger. Sweden's like a thenth of the population and has more than twice the players at EVO.
Not to even mention France.

is there actually a precedent for this specifically or is this just to save us from Filipinoman's ass crack this time
Well they do have more than 2000 smashers in both tournaments.

. . . i don't even remember signing up for smash 4 . . . the fuck was i thinking?

welp, ready to go 0-2 in everything

Me and Dadwicks are gonna see you this year right!?

Edit: Also, had to send in feedback on the page about changing my name for brackets, let's hope they do it and spell my name right this time.

Why there can't be a preferred name category or something is beyond me :(

Essay

Will look something up when I get back home, but it's pretty much exactly like T7's with the same conditions for triggering it, you just see it way less considering the nature of the game.

Here you go: In event of time-stamp fail, skip to 31m43s

Sayad's right in that it's pretty rare. Only seems to trigger when either hit would kill, and I believe only in situations that both hit boxes overlap, ooooor maybe just when they would both trigger proximity guard simultaneously. It sometimes results in a double KO, and sometimes in no KO at all!

FSLink

Banned
12PM Friday Smash Wii U Bracket
- I got Komorikiri in mine. Welp. Other than that, don't notice anybody too crazy in mine. So I think I could make it out of loser's unless I pull a crazy upset, lol

2PM Friday SFV Bracket
- Got some JPN player named Kei. Also have Richard Ngyyen.

2PM Saturday Marvel Bracket
- Interestingly I got prog from Smash fame in my bracket. Looks like he's playing SFV too?
Also have Royalflush, TA WERO (who sent Cloud805 to loser's last year).

I'll be in Vegas starting this Saturday if anybody from here wants to meet up from then until EVO. :p

Likely going to KTAR Saga in SoCal after EVO too.

Zissou

I get a bye in Revelator 1st round, so even though I barely practice the game, I can never get last place! I've just been really busy, but I'll brush up somewhat.

I''m also facing a japanese player 1st round in Pokken named Mue. I don't know the Pokken scene, so I don't know if that is a notable name.

Oh, you're in my pool. Chavelo in their too, haha.

A local player I knew went to EVO 2010, which was before the change to 16 man pools. Every pool had over 100 players. So he spent about 6 hours to go 4-2. He said it was one of the most frustrating and uncomfortable experiences in his life. He was starving for a while but was too afraid to leave because he might get DQ'd since no one had any idea when their next turn was.

I went the year after in 2011 and had a grear time, even in pools lol.

A local player I knew went to EVO 2010, which was before the change to 16 man pools. Every pool had over 100 players. So he spent about 6 hours to go 4-2. He said it was one of the most frustrating and uncomfortable experiences in his life. He was starving for a while but was too afraid to leave because he might get DQ'd since no one had any idea when their next turn was.

I went the year after in 2011 and had a grear time, even in pools lol.

Wait what, what exactly was the format back then?

Here you go: In event of time-stamp fail, skip to 31m43s

Sayad's right in that it's pretty rare. Only seems to trigger when either hit would kill, and I believe only in situations that both hit boxes overlap, ooooor maybe just when they would both trigger proximity guard simultaneously. It sometimes results in a double KO, and sometimes in no KO at all!

That's not slowmo that's the game just plain old stopping. You have no idea what's even going on when it happens. Not the same thing at all.

shaowebb

Just drove through a Tornado in WV. All I could think of was

EJNBCle.gif

glad to be home. Fuck the weather here. Got pincered between two storms trying to drive up from the bottom of the state to back home. Tried to ride between the fronts most of the way by keeping the dark clouds in front and behind me by adjusting speed and slowing down if I got too close to one but got pincered a little while ago when the storms combined to the west of me. Found and exit and got off just in time to hide out in a gas station. Shit was BLACK out there.

After this I'm gonna donate some cash or something to the folks down in Clendenin I passed. They had 10 exits shut down as disaster area down there from flooding and then the area got hit with this shit.

Sayad

That's not slowmo that's the game just plain old stopping. You have no idea what's even going on when it happens. Not the same thing at all.
It's slow mo, it's just that in this example one of the moves hit like one or two frames after the pause(DP, duh!). That and GG animation isn't continues like Tekken's, so unless it's two slow moves with a lot of animation frames, you rarely get to see them moving at slow motion, but it's there. Basically, same concept, but different results due to how different GG is.

shaowebb

Okay...just had a good surprise happen so I feel better now.

Senko no Ronde DUO + Touhou is happening.

Greatest competitive game ever is about to be born. Welcome to vs bullethell battles. Im a HUGE Senko no Ronde fan and finding out NIS is doing a physical release for the Touhou version of this series has me super pumped. Fuck storms and shitty 4 hour drives. My day is awesome as of this moment.

So, a tweet was recently posted regarding Tekken 7: FR, the home version to be specific. Recent screens were taken of the arcade version's character select, and the recent E3 version's character select:

...FOURTEEN more characters could possibly be added to the console version? Seems too good to be true.

GorillaJu

I downloaded Discord thinking it was like some fighting game tech database from how people talk about it but it's just another chat app? Wtf

Line_HTX

Tekken 7 Director Addresses Input Lag Controversy, Discusses Additional Characters

"Since when did everyone become so knowledgeable about input lag?"

"People have never complained about input lag in Tekken before, have they? Tag 2 was highly regarded, wasn’t it? Do you think input lag frames is a certain number? Do you understand how it works? The actual mechanism is different depending on the game. If Tekken’s gameplay feels good, is there really a point in asking this question?

"It’s quite frustrating to keep hearing this question, when it is hardly relevant. Don’t try to sum up the whole of a game’s mechanics with one catchphrase. Tekken 7 is the first arcade fighting game to have online play between arcades around the country. It costs roughly $1 per play. Do you really think it would be this successful and well received if everyone was complaining about input lag?

"Abroad, many top players have had many chances to play TK7 and TK7FR at Wizard World, Evo, and other events. I haven’t heard any complaints about input lag from them either. Same with the hardcore players and media that played the game at E3. I think that is your answer. By the way, what is the monitor you use at home to play games? I would be more concerned about the possibility of lag on that, instead."

Bah Gawd Almighty, what a smackdown!

You better use that BENQ monitor so you won't have to yell "HOW DID HE SEE ME?!"

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom