• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad I was able to see it at the Asian Amercin Film festival in SF more than a decade ago. Bang the Machine did the same thing other films like Hoop Dreams or Sports docs, filled you in on the personalities and rivals and their day to day.

Did she do that to someone? Is there a vid, I'm curious lol.

edit: Wait a minute, did she used to play aigis in P4A? I think I remember hearing her name when Dacid used to stream. Could be a different Mue or maybe spelled differently.
She did that to me. No video but I won only 2 rounds in that set. It was a mirror so I felt sooooo bad lol

Dunno if she used to play aegis or any other fighting games really.

Okay...just had a good surprise happen so I feel better now.

Senko no Ronde DUO + Touhou is happening.

Greatest competitive game ever is about to be born. Welcome to vs bullethell battles. Im a HUGE Senko no Ronde fan and finding out NIS is doing a physical release for the Touhou version of this series has me super pumped. Fuck storms and shitty 4 hour drives. My day is awesome as of this moment.
Genso Rondo is hot trash based on what SnR players have told me unfortunately

Line_HTX

Curiously, why of all the touhou games is genso rondo the only one to get a physical western release?

My guess is that there's a huge following here and was probably announced at AX.

I mean, there had to be a reason for the creator himself to attend there while also taking pictures of him drinking at a bar, right?

Curiously, why of all the touhou games is genso rondo the only one to get a physical western release?

It's not, Touhou Genso Wanderer is getting one too. I do imagine it helps that Genso Rondo is officially licensed by G.rev, makers of Senko no Ronde.

I think they're testing the water with these relatively cheap fan games, and if they do well we might get Urban Legend in Limbo or one of the main games over here.

It's not, Touhou Genso Wanderer is getting one too. I do imagine it helps that Genso Rondo is officially licensed by G.rev, makers of Senko no Ronde.

I think they're testing the water with these relatively cheap fan games, and if they do well we might get Urban Legend in Limbo or one of the main games over here.

Oh, I didn't know Wanderer was physical too. Is that a new announcement?

edit, guess not i found a news article from june 8th, lol

Kumubou

I would never expect a mainline Touhou game to be available in anything other than Japanese. The issue is with the script -- to my knowledge, ZUN is hyper-protective about the scripts in the mainline games and as a result will not allow anyone else to touch them.

shaowebb

This is why I am super stoked. G. Rev and Senko No Ronde are amazing. It mentions though that Genso Ronde involves cards. Maybe this works like acquiring powerups on a stage during a shmup to get a new attack?

Not sure. Can't wait to play though. If anyone else gets a copy I'll run sets.

Finally got a chance to play SF5 yesterday. Unfortunately the setup only had sticks, so I was forced to use Gief since he's the only character I can play on stick. The game is great, wish I could play it on my flabby laptop.

This is why I am super stoked. G. Rev and Senko No Ronde are amazing. It mentions though that Genso Ronde involves cards. Maybe this works like acquiring powerups on a stage during a shmup to get a new attack?

Not sure. Can't wait to play though. If anyone else gets a copy I'll run sets.
I don't think the official license means much, G.Rev was originally going to block the release of Genso Rondo cause they've been working on their own Senko no Ronde game. idk what the politics behind the decision to grant the license are but you shouldn't treat it as a wholehearted blessing

If it seems like I have an irrational bias against the game it's uhh probably because I do

Neoxon

Finally got a chance to play SF5 yesterday. Unfortunately the setup only had sticks, so I was forced to use Gief since he's the only character I can play on stick. The game is great, wish I could play it on my flabby laptop.
I know that feeling. I wanted to get the PC version when it was on sale (I currently have it on PS4), but my desktop is hella old.

petran79

Banned
there's always low-spec mode

Game is playable on that setting. Problem is I cant stand so low quality graphics. Gets very tiresome to watch and play. If they only could have basic antialiasing at least.

Guilty Gear Xrd runs fine on laptop on LQ settings and looks tolerable. Even DOA5LR. Not so for SF.

Finally got my name changed on brackets, no one special in mine right now, but we'll see next week when brackets start finalizing. Was curious about trying Rog but considering I have to unlock the DLC characters still, I'm p sure I'm still gonna stick with Chun

NEO0MJ

Finally got my name changed on brackets, no one special in mine right now, but we'll see next week when brackets start finalizing. Was curious about trying Rog but considering I have to unlock the DLC characters still, I'm p sure I'm still gonna stick with Chun

Isn't that a good thing? The less notable players the better your odds!

Also, unlocking one character won't take too long. I however took the easy way out and just bought the season pass, shamefully. Used my fight money to buy the stages and I'll save whatever I gain now for season 2, maybe some costumes whenever I have extra.

shaowebb

they've been working on their own Senko no Ronde game.do

Only thing that mattered to me in your post. Holy shit thats awesome. Fabian Fastman needs to return soon.

EDIT: For those who don't get the movement in these Senko no Ronde games its simple.
-The rings represent your sub and main weapons and their ammo. If someone enters one of these rings you can perform melee attacks instead of the normal ranged ones.
-You have a meter that fills when you do certain things and you can spend it for barrage attacks that have complex patterns, for barrier shielding to alleviate stun and take far less damage to not die (consequentially attacks change while Barrier is up and movement speed changes too), or for a better recovery from a hit
-You can (depending on conditions) activate a BOSS mode for a period as a last ditch way to rack up damage. Some folks though may be easier targets in boss mode but hey it gives you an extra chance to win if you're about to die even if your health is low so its worth it to take the risk sometimes.
-Movement is done with a dash button. You can dash, dash attack, dash cancel attacks.

Thats pretty much the core to bullethell fighting games that follow the GRev Senko no Ronde formula. I know in Duo they added assists, and also in both original Senko no Ronde titles absorbing hits in Barrier state or taking melee attacks ate up charge meter which created great meter gimp opportunities and mind games for shooting bullets to bait barriers. Looks like the Touhou title incorporates grabbing cards. Not certain if its for building a "Charge gauge" or something though. Games look fun though so I am eager to try them.

Here is what a Senko No Ronde Duo tourney match looks like.

If Genso no Ronde Can give me similar thrills I will be super pleased.

This Genso Rondo vid looks promising. Looks like they should have dash attacked and dash canceled more though. Dashing in Senko No Ronde broke the permanent lock on targeting and let you run around strafing and laying down interfering bullets to eat up space and box folks in. This was why Fabian Fastman was great...he could outmaneuver folks very nicely. Hope Genso No Ronde has a dash expert as well.

Isn't that a good thing? The less notable players the better your odds!

Also, unlocking one character won't take too long. I however took the easy way out and just bought the season pass, shamefully. Used my fight money to buy the stages and I'll save whatever I gain now for season 2, maybe some costumes whenever I have extra.

It's awesome! But after having played Chris G, Justin, and Tokido, I kinda miss it lol

I'm so tempted to do the Season Pass but I'll probably wait for season 2 at this point, plus money

She did that to me. No video but I won only 2 rounds in that set. It was a mirror so I felt sooooo bad lol

Dunno if she used to play aegis or any other fighting games really.

Hmmmm, I'm gonna play Charizard at Evo, since I wanted to try something else besides Garchomp who I used at Dreamhack. If it's against Suicune, I'm gonna go for the hail mary fire punches lol.

Hmmmm, I'm gonna play Charizard at Evo, since I wanted to try something else besides Garchomp who I used at Dreamhack. If it's against Suicune, I'm gonna go for the hail mary fire punches lol.

Is there a good starter's guide to Pokken? I entered but I don't think I'll have a chance to try it out before Evo so I want to go in with a little bit of knowledge lmao, plus I do plan to get it at some point after

Is there a good starter's guide to Pokken? I entered but I don't think I'll have a chance to try it out before Evo so I want to go in with a little bit of knowledge lmao, plus I do plan to get it at some point after

I personally don't know any, I learned the most from just playing and winging it. Basically attacks beats throws, throws beat counter attacks (if they are glowing blue they have super armor), and counter attacks beat attacks. There are other things to consider like low profiling attacks, low crushing, gaining meter and assists, but those are something you can spot from just playing your character. Playing this game locally is so much better than online, even though it's extremely competent at online. I can tell that the people I were playing with at Dreamhack were having a lot of fun even though they never tried the game before, because it's pretty easy to get down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom